Restaurant In Hoboken

Me and my wife are going up there to have a small party and we need a restaurant with a private room that fits around 15 people and does a family style dinner. 

Having a full bar or a bar close to it would be a huge bonus. 

She’s from there but can’t make up her fcking mind so I figured I’d ask you guys what place I should look at so I can just get it done. Thanks. 

I would frequent Hoboken in my 20's. It was like shooting fish in a barrel when it came to getting ass back then. Therefore, none of the restaurants were memorable. It's not that kind of town, at least it wasn't 20 years ago, but I don't expect it's much different now. Take the PATH into the city if you want to eat good.

30 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

I would frequent Hoboken in my 20's. It was like shooting fish in a barrel when it came to getting ass back then. Therefore, none of the restaurants were memorable. It's not that kind of town, at least it wasn't 20 years ago, but I don't expect it's much different now. Take the PATH into the city if you want to eat good.

We were going to go to L'industrie in Brooklyn but everyone was bitching about parking or taking the train so we settle for Hoboken 

10 hours ago, ZachEY said:

@Bleedin Green, do you still live in town?

I live there about 15 years ago now, and recognize almost none of the names of the restaurants.  One place I can remember that is still there that might work for you is City Bistro.

I'll have you know, I've actually moved 3 full blocks since you were here.  You're right though, this town has definitely grown up quite a bit over the years, which has kind of worked out.  In terms of what's still around that you'll remember, there's always Robongi.

@New York Mick did you have anything in particular you were thinking in terms of style of food?  The only problem is with most places in Hoboken not being particularly big, there's not a ton of options with private rooms.  If you're looking for something by the PATH, Brass Rail springs to mind.  On the total opposite end of town is Carpe Diem, a personal favorite.  I know both have private rooms, but they're mostly (albeit good) bar-type food.  Lola's is a nice tapas place, which I've heard has a private area, but I've admittedly never seen it.

If you have something particular in mind though, let me know and I might be able to come up with other ideas.

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, Bleedin Green said:

I'll have you know, I've actually moved 3 full blocks since you were here.  You're right though, this town has definitely grown up quite a bit over the years, which has kind of worked out.  In terms of what's still around that you'll remember, there's always Robongi.

@New York Mick did you have anything in particular you were thinking in terms of style of food?  The only problem is with most places in Hoboken not being particularly big, there's not a ton of options with private rooms.  If you're looking for something by the PATH, Brass Rail springs to mind.  On the total opposite end of town is Carpe Diem, a personal favorite.  I know both have private rooms, but they're mostly (albeit good) bar-type food.  Lola's is a nice tapas place, which I've heard has a private area, but I've admittedly never seen it.

If you have something particular in mind though, let me know and I might be able to come up with other ideas.

We’re thinking about going to Sorellina for dinner and Willie McBrides for drinks. 

Is that a good area for drinks or is it all college kids?

8 hours ago, New York Mick said:

We’re thinking about going to Sorellina for dinner and Willie McBrides for drinks. 

Is that a good area for drinks or is it all college kids?

Not much in Hoboken is really college kids, as Stevens is hardly a "party school".  The biggest draw for them is probably 8th Street or for the kids coming from elsewhere the places directly next to the PATH (Texas Arizona, Green Rock).  Once you get further into Hoboken that mostly goes away.

Willie's can get a somewhat younger crowd (mid-20s and up) depending on what night you're thinking, but still doesn't usually get too crazy and is a lot bigger than most Hoboken bars, so rarely gets packed.  If you go there though, and for any reason you aren't loving it, a few backup options that are stumbling distance from Willie's would be Grand Vin, which is an older crowd and more about cocktails (but much smaller), and Finnegan's which is an Irish pub (although a place I can still never figure out the formula between when it's dead and when packed).

11 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Not much in Hoboken is really college kids, as Stevens is hardly a "party school".  The biggest draw for them is probably 8th Street or for the kids coming from elsewhere the places directly next to the PATH (Texas Arizona, Green Rock).  Once you get further into Hoboken that mostly goes away.

Willie's can get a somewhat younger crowd (mid-20s and up) depending on what night you're thinking, but still doesn't usually get too crazy and is a lot bigger than most Hoboken bars, so rarely gets packed.  If you go there though, and for any reason you aren't loving it, a few backup options that are stumbling distance from Willie's would be Grand Vin, which is an older crowd and more about cocktails (but much smaller), and Finnegan's which is an Irish pub (although a place I can still never figure out the formula between when it's dead and when packed).

Awesome thanks. We’re going Saturday Nov 26th 4pm then dinner at Sorellina’s then back to the bars. I’ll definitely check out the other bars as well.