Playing for 1st place in the AFC East next week?

10 hours ago, DoubleDown said:

The Jets should be 0-3 with three double digit losses.  Let's focus on being a competitive football team before we start worrying about "1st place."

It’s telling when a fan claims a win should have been a loss if we hadn’t won.  
Dolphins should have lost to the Ravens and Bills.  But they won, do they count as wins? 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

It’s telling when a fan claims a win should have been a loss if we hadn’t won.  
Dolphins should have lost to the Ravens and Bills.  But they won, do they count as wins? 

Chubb steps out of bounds instead of scoring, and the Browns are in victory formation.

Yeah, it should have never happened. It was a gift due to poor coaching in a game they had already won.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, DoubleDown said:

Chubb steps out of bounds instead of scoring, and the Browns are in victory formation.

Yeah, it should have never happened. It was a gift due to poor coaching in a game they had already won.

Yea - it was truly a gift 

ESPN’s model suggested it should happen less than 999 times out of 1000

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, DoubleDown said:

The Jets won.  Do you get it.  You don’t look at every game this way do you? 
It wasn’t poor coaching that lost the game. It was the Jets scoring 2xs in less than 2 minutes.  No one gave a damn that Chubb didn’t sit down and put the Browns up by a 2nd TD at the time he scored because the chances of losing was .02%.  But it’s more fun to think your team was handed a win instead of won the game.  

• Upvote 3
  • WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1

48 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

With tua out and the bengals rolling, we not only could be playing for 1st place in the afc east next week but we might be favored in the game?

Its happening Jet fans!!!!

lets win sunday first before we talk about this.

i guess you never heard of the word Jinx

3 minutes ago, Hex said:

This might have already been mentioned, but how the heck can we be in first place next week when the dolphins are 3-1? At best Jets will be 2-2, and even if the Bills lose they probably hold the tiebreaker

The tiebreaker doesn’t mean anything in week 5, but I think the larger issue is that this team is one of the most miraculous wins in recent NFL history from being 0-3 and lost. 

let this team prove they can put together a complete peformnsce before we start worrying about tiebreakers lol

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

The tiebreaker doesn’t mean anything in week 5, but I think the larger issue is that this team is one of the most miraculous wins in recent NFL history from being 0-3 and lost. 

let this team prove they can put together a complete peformnsce before we start worrying about tiebreakers lol

I see what you're saying, but I'm asking why this thread even exists if it's theoretically impossible by the end of this week

3 minutes ago, Hex said:

I see what you're saying, but I'm asking why this thread even exists if it's theoretically impossible by the end of this week

It’s projecting two weeks.

bills lose vs ravens 

we beat Steelers and dolphins 

3 way tie for first 

but jets beating dolphins and Steelers are giant leaps until proven otherwise 

• Upvote 1

If the ravens and jets win this week and the jets beat the fins at home next week, they are in 1st place.  Dont tell me tie breakers dont matter in week 5.

We would be 3-2 and undefeated in the division.  And when you look at the standings, the jets will be at the top.

I see the diseased will not be able to handle this if this plays out.

Truly sad.

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

bills lose vs ravens 

3 way tie for first 

Nice save.  So now we have a 2 week parlay going.  The best part about this thread is seeing how long it remains "in the money".  Go Jets! 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

If the ravens and jets win this week and the jets beat the fins at home next week, they are in 1st place.  Dont tell me tie breakers dont matter in week 5.

We would be 3-2 and undefeated in the division.  And when you look at the standings, the jets will be at the top.

Truly sad.

You know what?

I agree.

we are all diseased 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, LIJetsFan said:

Nice save.  So now we have a 2 week parlay going.  The best part about this thread is seeing how long it remains "in the money".  Go Jets! 

Read the title of the thread.  All it is saying is that w/ a bills lose and jets win on sunday, the following weeks game btwn the jets and dolphins is for 1st place.

Thats not debatable.  Thats fact.

1down, 2 to go boys.  Lets do it!!!

• Sympathy 1

9 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Truly sad.

Epic

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Vader said:

Epic

Someone needs to straighten these boys out.  This thread should be 2 things: Fun and to get excited for a big weekend of football.

2 plausible scenarios happen, and next week we are playing our biggest game of football in over 5 years.

Enjoy this thread.  Dont come in here and be a miserable assh#le.  Go back to your “Fire so and so” threads for that.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Someone needs to straighten these boys out.  This thread should be 2 things: Fun and to get excited for a big weekend of football.

2 plausible scenarios happen, and next week we are playing our biggest game of football in over 5 years.

Enjoy this thread.  Dont come in here and be a miserable assh#le.  Go back to your “Fire so and so” threads for that.

Yea, I'm outraged there's not more celebration about Tua going out on a stretcher and his brain likely being scrambled eggs!

You're diseased. 

• Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1

1 hour ago, Hex said:

This might have already been mentioned, but how the heck can we be in first place next week when the dolphins are 3-1? At best Jets will be 2-2, and even if the Bills lose they probably hold the tiebreaker

Your playing into the nonsense.  Might as well make the next two weeks our playoff and superbowl

• WTF? 1

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

bills lose vs ravens 

3 way tie for first 

Ah. Thanks for clarifying

• Upvote 1