Playing for 1st place in the AFC East next week?

1 hour ago, Alentador31 said:

Some of you probably pretend you aren't jets fans in real life. You're literally on a jet forum and are scared to be optimistic about your own team. 

I'm as optimistic as I can be, as things stand. I actually feel at the start of a game that "hey, we've got a decent chance" or "let's see if XXX looks better this week / how YYY plays". But bigger picture I'm not thinking playoffs if one or two things fall our way.

I'm looking for progress, bright spots, reasons to keep watching. Take each play as it comes, rather than projecting what it means for the rest of the season and beyond. Some of our young guys look really good and are fun to watch. The big one we need now is to see the same from Zach - win or lose, does he look like he's improving, is he making the Jets games fun. Or is he just getting harassed into bad decisions that hurt the team - that's not fun to watch.

There's a great Dilbert cartoon that sums up how I feel watching the Jets sometimes ... :D 

image.png.acb56fdc0e5fec88d78f51d7abff3780.png

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Alentador31 said:

Some of you probably pretend you aren't jets fans in real life. You're literally on a jet forum and are scared to be optimistic about your own team. 

It's perfectly fine and dandy to be optimistic. It's the delusional proclamations of greatness that the creator of this thread engages in, is what I have a problem with

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

1- Dolphins lose on the road tonight on a short week vs a good Bengals team who needs the game more then the dolphins do.

2- Lamar and the Ravens beat the Bills on Sunday.  Bills are beat up and coming off an exhausting trip to miami.

3- Jets beat the Turd Trubisky led Steelers.

Kinda GIF

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Alentador31 said:

Well, 1 winning season in 11 years and 53 years without a Super Bowl appearance will do that to people.

• Upvote 2

53 minutes ago, peebag said:

Well, 1 winning season in 11 years and 53 years without a Super Bowl appearance will do that to people.

Isnt it more fun to talk about a scenario like this then going into multiple threads talking about firing everyone?

We needed to be at worst 1-2 when Zach returned.  And we are.

We are playing a very weak Pittsburg team with a decent chance to win the game.

If that happens and a Ravens win, we have a chance to be in 1st place in the AFC East after 5 weeks.

If we are 3-12 later this year, yes we can start evaluating if this franchise is under the right leadership.  But its week 4 and we are just getting our starting qb back.  Lets go fellas!!!!!!!!!!  No more bs "fire everyone" stuff today or tomorrow.  We have a big game vs Pitt and our qb is back under center.  Lets get fired and enjoy this!!!!  You can do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 2

9 hours ago, Hex said:

This might have already been mentioned, but how the heck can we be in first place next week when the dolphins are 3-1? At best Jets will be 2-2, and even if the Bills lose they probably hold the tiebreaker

We'll be playing them for 1st place.

we'll be 2-2, they'll be 3-1...

A win and we are tied for first place (and have the tie breaker over them)

• Upvote 1

On 9/29/2022 at 9:06 AM, Joe W. Namath said:

Listen fellas, have we gotten off to a rough start?  Sure.  But if 3 very plausible things happen over the next few days, we have a home game next week w/ 1st place in the AFC East on the line.

Here are the 3 simple things that need to happen:

1- Dolphins lose on the road tonight on a short week vs a good Bengals team who needs the game more then the dolphins do.

2- Lamar and the Ravens beat the Bills on Sunday.  Bills are beat up and coming off an exhausting trip to miami.

Those 3 things happen over the next few days and next Sunday at Metlife will be the biggest game this franchise has had in over 5 years.

1 and 2 are very possible. And hell, probably will happen. But that then means the Jets have to do their part and that never goes according to plan. 

But im here for it!! WILSON TO WILSON BAY BEEE

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

44 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Isnt it more fun to talk about a scenario like this then going into multiple threads talking about firing everyone?

We needed to be at worst 1-2 when Zach returned.  And we are.

We are playing a very weak Pittsburg team with a decent chance to win the game.

If that happens and a Ravens win, we have a chance to be in 1st place in the AFC East after 5 weeks.

If we are 3-12 later this year, yes we can start evaluating if this franchise is under the right leadership.  But its week 4 and we are just getting our starting qb back.  Lets go fellas!!!!!!!!!!  No more bs fire every stuff today or tomorrow.  We have a big game vs Pitt and our qb is back under center.  Lets get fired and enjoy this!!!!  You can do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yea, I'm gonna wait and see on this one.

11 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

It’s telling when a fan claims a win should have been a loss if we hadn’t won.  
Dolphins should have lost to the Ravens and Bills.  But they won, do they count as wins? 

Tell that to Joe, who is indeed claiming the Dolphins should "really be 1-3".  This was a response to his own logic.  

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yep.  Buffalo is gonna murder us 2x this year but who cares, we have an outside shot at a tie for 1st place in Week 5 baby!!!

and the sad part is reading it this way - i am all in  - let's go for the tie in week 5!

Of course I still think we are going to make trubitsky look like marino on sunday 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

I said they'd have two losses before they reach their bye week. If they go 3-3 I'll own it and eat "crow". Lol

Like I said, its fun to dream.

Anyone who watched the Bills-Dolphins game last week should not be coming away from that game thinking the Bills were knocked down a peg.  The Bills are the top team in a loaded AFC right now, with only the Ravens really even making a case.  Only way that changes would be due to injuries.

4 hours ago, jamesr said:

I'm as optimistic as I can be, as things stand. I actually feel at the start of a game that "hey, we've got a decent chance" or "let's see if XXX looks better this week / how YYY plays". But bigger picture I'm not thinking playoffs if one or two things fall our way.

I'm looking for progress, bright spots, reasons to keep watching. Take each play as it comes, rather than projecting what it means for the rest of the season and beyond. Some of our young guys look really good and are fun to watch. The big one we need now is to see the same from Zach - win or lose, does he look like he's improving, is he making the Jets games fun. Or is he just getting harassed into bad decisions that hurt the team - that's not fun to watch.

There's a great Dilbert cartoon that sums up how I feel watching the Jets sometimes ... :D 

image.png.acb56fdc0e5fec88d78f51d7abff3780.png

Fair enough.

But here's a guy, @Joe W. Namath who I believe is a big supporter of Zach. And sidenote- whatever you think about Zach, two things are definitely true about him- he's young (only been in the league one season) and he's supremely talented (No. 2 overall pick, ton of upside). Zach is back from injury and all he is saying is, if a couple of things go our way- THIS WEEK- not this season, not in the playoffs, THIS WEEK, we could be playing in a game for first place in the AFCE against the Dolphins. Which is true. And it just goes to show how anything can happen in todays NFL.

And lo and behold, one of those things has already gone our way (Dolphins lost). Now the Bills need to lose and the Jets need to do their job, do the only thing thats in their control and go out and beat Pitt. 

And what does he get for his tiny bit of optimism? A tsunami of jaded Jet fans coming down on him. I get the whole 'well, we've been losing for so long we should all be jaded and depressed' excuse. I get it. But gimme a break. It's football.  

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

8 minutes ago, PepPep said:

Fair enough.

But here's a guy, @Joe W. Namath who I believe is a big supporter of Zach. And sidenote- whatever you think about Zach, two things are definitely true about him- he's young (only been in the league one season) and he's supremely talented (No. 2 overall pick, ton of upside). Zach is back from injury and all he is saying is, if a couple of things go our way- THIS WEEK- not this season, not in the playoffs, THIS WEEK, we could be playing in a game for first place in the AFCE against the Dolphins. Which is true. And it just goes to show how anything can happen in todays NFL.

And lo and behold, one of those things has already gone our way (Dolphins lost). Now the Bills need to lose and the Jets need to do their job, do the only thing thats in their control and go out and beat Pitt. 

And what does he get for his tiny bit of optimism? A tsunami of jaded Jet fans coming down on him. I get the whole 'well, we've been losing for so long we should all be jaded and depressed' excuse. I get it. But gimme a break. It's football.  

Thanks buddy.  I have most of these guys on ignore so I do not see much of it.  I hope you enjoy the games this weekend and if things pan out, what a big game at home next week!

On 9/29/2022 at 2:06 PM, Joe W. Namath said:

Listen fellas, have we gotten off to a rough start?  Sure.  But if 3 very plausible things happen over the next few days, we have a home game next week w/ 1st place in the AFC East on the line.

Here are the 3 simple things that need to happen:

Those 3 things happen over the next few days and next Sunday at Metlife will be the biggest game this franchise has had in over 5 years.

I do think the Ravens beat the Bills on Sunday. I also think the Jets have a good shot at beating the Steelers who have been pretty bad offensively. So I guess despite all the laughter in this thread, you might actually turn out to be right

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2