"Culture Changing" talk is complete BS.

kevinc855

On 9/29/2022 at 11:28 AM, Jet Nut said:

You need to study the game and coaching more and moan less.  Every successful team, CS has a team with a culture that supports winning.  

10 years of total sucking and you still defend this franchise.  Did you add vodka or gin to your green kool aid??

We are a poorly run organization. One of the worst 3 teams in NFL last 5 years.  The stats dont lie.  Put your drink down and google worst teams in NFL.   Ill wait. 

1679A24D-6C7E-408B-A547-0BFD61D25F0C.jpeg

• Haha 1

i do think that Rex did alot to change the culture. the slogan "Play like a Jet" was a good one. 

i can imagine if JFM did his PF penalty with Rex he would say... hey we dont do that... "Play like a Jet"

where Saleh said, hey "ALL gas, no brakes" ...um expect on that play, you should have braked. LOL

i haven't seen many locker room celebrations since Rex but when we did win they would all get close together and say.... " and the home... of the..... JETS!!! " , I hated that saying. i thought it sounded stupid. but thats a culture thing. shows team unity. when we beat the Browns i just saw a bunch of grown men jumping up and down. thats are winning culture theme? Saleh couldn't come up with something better? 

in case you didnt see this Steve Wyche of the NFL Network stepped on the raiders logo and they made him do 25 push ups. thats culture. maybe we should tell Chris Cimini to step on the Jets logo and see if they make him do pushups.

2 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

10 years of total sucking and you still defend this franchise.  Did you add vodka or gin to your green kool aid??

We are a poorly run organization. One of the worst 3 teams in NFL last 5 years.  The stats dont lie.  Put your drink down and google worst teams in NFL.   Ill wait. 

1679A24D-6C7E-408B-A547-0BFD61D25F0C.jpeg

No, I’m not defending anyone.  Other than a CS in its 2nd year has nothing to do with the 10 years before they got here.  Or the last 5.  

3 hours ago, doitny said:

i can imagine if JFM did his PF penalty with Rex he would say... hey we dont do that... "Play like a Jet"

Thought this had to be sarcasm at first 

I’d rather the t-shirts said “Play like a 49er” or some other team that has won a SB since the moon landing 

Would be aiming higher and at least be funny 

7 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

No, I’m not defending anyone.  Other than a CS in its 2nd year has nothing to do with the 10 years before they got here.  Or the last 5.  

4 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Nothing to do with except the common denominator of being a poorly coached mess that gets their doors blown off week after week 

Agreed... the culture is set at the top.  This organization is poorly run and it starts with Woody. 10 years with 4 GM's, 4 coaches , Come on Man!!!

Should you really have to "TRY" to build culture as if your forcing players ? Culture is something that just happens if you're lucky enough to find the right mix and that right mix is usually in the form of some good players that take on leadership roles keeping the other players focused on the goal of Winning.

Culture is all about winning. Even if you have a bunch of great players that are horribly coached it becomes hard to buy into anything. When your scheme is getting shredded, eventually the players are going to sound off just like DJ Reed Did . I have never seen a Jets Defense play as bad as we have witnessed last year and large parts of this year and its not due tp personal ability its due to piss poor coaching and not having players in the right place to succeed.

I can tell you now with 100% certainty Robert Saleh will not be the HC of this team for much longer I just hope it happens at the end of this year so we don't have to fire him mid next year.

6 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Thought this had to be sarcasm at first 

I’d rather the t-shirts said “Play like a 49er” or some other team that has won a SB since the moon landing 

Would be aiming higher and at least be funny 

well dont forget when Rex got here we were not the laughing stock we are now.

since 97 the year Parcells took over till Rex in 09 that was 12 years and only 2 years both 4-12 we were under 500. add the 6 years of Rex thats 14 out of 18 years 500 or better with 3 AFCCG. 

so " Play like a Jet" meant something. and i dont think we need a SB to change the culture, but it would be nice.

9 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Nothing to do with except the common denominator of being a poorly coached mess that gets their doors blown off week after week 

And still has nothing to do with the past.  At least you can see an influx of young talent with a plan in place.  Whether it works or not is the long term question but at least it’s not a plan of half assed draft and overpriced old FAs. 

• Upvote 1