The Coordinators

Claymation

In the past 20 games the Jets given up points on their opponents 1st drive. That falls squarely on the DC and it's players.

The last time the Jets scored a TD on their opening drive was the Bengals game last year. Considering the opening drive is scripted, that falls squarely on the Offensive Coordinator.

If this trend continues, there is no way this Coaching staff survives beyond this season.

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

46 minutes ago, Claymation said:

In the past 20 games the Jets given up points on their opponents 1st drive. That falls squarely on the DC and it's players.

The last time the Jets scored a TD on their opening drive was the Bengals game last year. Considering the opening drive is scripted, that falls squarely on the Offensive Coordinator.

If this trend continues, there is no way this Coaching staff survives beyond this season.

While I agree that the defense has been giving points way too easy your stats aren’t correct. The 12/19 Miami game the Dolphins punted on their 1st possession and Tua threw a pick on their 2nd possession.

The 11/28 Houston game Taylor threw a pick on their 1st possession and punted on their 2nd.

The Cincy game you referenced they punted on their 1st possession and then went 4 and out from our 1 on their 2nd possession.

14 minutes ago, Joejet said:

While I agree that the defense has been giving points way too easy your stats aren’t correct. The 12/19 Miami game the Dolphins punted on their 1st possession and Tua threw a pick on their 2nd possession.

The 11/28 Houston game Taylor threw a pick on their 1st possession and punted on their 2nd.

The Cincy game you referenced they punted on their 1st possession and then went 4 and out from our 1 on their 2nd possession.

Sorry I meant to say 14 times in the 1st drive. Was distracted with work.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Claymation said:

Pathetic 

You’d figure they’d get bailed out at least once by a fumble, gift INT, or some other matter of happenstance.

I guess technically Saleh isn’t wrong when he says, “eventually” it will get better.

It can’t get much worse.

They’ve just been “unlucky”

The one thing Gase gave us was an NFL #1 at opening drive TDs. I think we had like 6 or 7 games in a row with an opening drive TD. All scripted and well-rehearsed plays, but after that our team looked like a clown show with players running into each other.

With this team, if we even get a 1st down during opening drive it's a great thing.

• Sympathy 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Claymation said:

I have no faith in this coaching staff except for Special Teams, including LaFluer even though I trust him more than the rest.

The Jets have enough talent this year to be competitive in most every game so of course it comes down to the coaching that takes B players from elsewhere and makes them C/D/F players.  Guys like Davis, Whitehead, Tomlinson, Uzomah, Conklin (although his score is quickly rising).  Why?  Because they are often asked to do things they are not as good at or are underutilized in the matchup game known as American Football. 

Plus poor communication, stupid penalties, lack of accountability, failure to be bold & try different things, and not having your best players on the field at crucial times.

1. Sauce is already a shut down man corner and yet he's playing zone in the red zone where he's been a part of 3 miscommunications that led to an easy TD (only 1 seemingly his fault).

2. Elijah Moore is one of the best at getting open but yet is running sideline routes that don't allow him to use his quickness & technique.

3. George Fant has been thrown to the wolves the first 3 weeks of the season, killing countless promising drives.  Did anybody not know he wasn't fully healed from his injury, so much so that it would have been better to sign these new guys a few weeks ago.

Just a few examples...     

• Post of the Week 1

49 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

lol what are you new to following this team?

Correct line:

If this trend continues, there is a chance this Coaching staff doesn't survive beyond this season.

It is funny (in the cynical sense) that we all begged for the jets to one time get it right.

hire a gm who reports to the owner. Let him hire a coach who reports to him.

they finally do it and yet 20 games in - we are right back to square one.

the more things change…

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

I have no faith in this coaching staff except for Special Teams, including LaFluer even though I trust him more than the rest.

The Jets have enough talent this year to be competitive in most every game so of course it comes down to the coaching that takes B players from elsewhere and makes them C/D/F players.  Guys like Davis, Whitehead, Tomlinson, Uzomah, Conklin (although his score is quickly rising).  Why?  Because they are often asked to do things they are not as good at or are underutilized in the matchup game known as American Football. 

Plus poor communication, stupid penalties, lack of accountability, failure to be bold & try different things, and not having your best players on the field at crucial times.

1. Sauce is already a shut down man corner and yet he's playing zone in the red zone where he's been a part of 3 miscommunications that led to an easy TD (only 1 seemingly his fault).

2. Elijah Moore is one of the best at getting open but yet is running sideline routes that don't allow him to use his quickness & technique.

3. George Fant has been thrown to the wolves the first 3 weeks of the season, killing countless promising drives.  Did anybody not know he wasn't fully healed from his injury, so much so that it would have been better to sign these new guys a few weeks ago.

Just a few examples...     

I will say that the sauce play while probably his fault, seemed to be played by him as a matchup zone which equates to man coverage (all coverage becomes man coverage at some point).. While I do not know who makes the call in their zone scheme (For me its the safety), there was definitely a miscommunication with either which coverage was actually being run or who was supposed to come off their route in the matchup.  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

Just a few examples...     

Excellent post... and agree.  I just wonder if jD is starting to realize that this CS as presently constituted is simply not good.  The talent level is better then its been in three years and for this team to be as dysfunctional (penalities, missed assignments, terrible play selection, etc.) is no the CS.   IMHO, they better start playing better or there will be changes.. 

9 minutes ago, AZSOJ said:

Excellent post... and agree.  I just wonder if jD is starting to realize that this CS as presently constituted is simply not good.  The talent level is better then its been in three years and for this team to be as dysfunctional (penalities, missed assignments, terrible play selection, etc.) is no the CS.   IMHO, they better start playing better or there will be changes.. 

God I hope you are right :)