Jeff Ulbrich: Quinnen is “gasping for air”

Rhg1084

2 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

This guy Ulbrich is a clown. Saleh should be calling his own defense get this guy outta here 

It's pretty simple, what is the snap counts for guys like Aaron Donald, or Micah Parsons, or whoever.  

Are they on a rotation?

If yes, then OK.

If not, Quinnen may be gasping the same air this guy is blowing.

45 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

This is actually embarrassing.

Quinnen’s agent should be calling this sh*t out immediately. Q is going to be looking for a top two or three level DT contract when the time comes and his coach is telling the league that he’s not fit to play 70% of the snaps.

Ulbrich is out of his depth.

This goes beyond Ulbrich who I think sucks.

Saleh is the one who preaches this methodology. 

2 hours ago, BigRy56 said:

This whole let your best players only play 1/2 or 2/3 of the game thing really makes no sense at all

NONE of these Jet “coaches” can “think on their feet”, if they could they’d already be successful HC’s or they’d be in the process of becoming one.

There is a reason that Sean McVay was given a HC job at such a young age.  He can “think on his feet”.  He’s very intelligent.

Really disgusted how the Jets hire people galaxies away from someone like McVay.

I’ve seen enough of Saleh already.  He is just one of many Jet HCs who are/were way way in over their head.

Ulrich is brutal.  I just have a feeling that this locker room is going to turn against each other if the Wins don’t start coming, soon.

Most expensive D Line in the league, virtually No sacks and a supposed D HC whose D is ranked Last in the league.  It just never ends, no matter who is in charge or who the players are.

2 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

maybe work on some more conditioning drills if your best players are sucking wind and unusable in critical game situations?

One thing I don't understand is that there is a rotation.  Isn't the idea behind the rotation is that you are trying to keep the D linemen fresh, so that they aren't stuck on the sideline gasping for air?

Perhaps Ubrich isn't rotating Quinnen enough?  And perhaps as you say, Quinen's conditioning is subpar.  If that's the case, then I blame the coaching staff for allowing that to happen.

Any way you look at it, it just doesn't make sense to me.  Don't we have like 8 or 9 defensive linemen on the team?  If you can't keep 8 or 9 defensive linemen fresh through rotation, then I'm just lost.  I mean, the time the Jets offense has controlled the clock has been reasonable so far this year, even though the results haven't been good.

I'm lost.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, hawk said:

It's pretty simple, what is the snap counts for guys like Aaron Donald, or Micah Parsons, or whoever.  

Are they on a rotation?

If yes, then OK.

If not, Quinnen may be gasping the same air this guy is blowing.

Quinnen is like low 60s%. Other DL are at about 70-80%. Donald is just a freak and plays high 90%. 

2 minutes ago, section314 said:

Never heard this crap about the Sack Exchange, none of whom Q could hold their helmets.  Those guys played every down. 

Joe Klecko was relentless, as was said by multiple Hall of Fame offensive linemen who described Klecko.  Marty Lyons was a serious, no nonsense guy, who I don't remember ever taking plays off.  Gastineau was maybe the best pass rusher in history, but certainly the best in our Jets history.  And Abdul Salaam rounded out the Sack Exchange as a tough SOB who held his own.  Getting like 67 sacks one season, no one was complaining that any one of them was on the sidelines gasping for air, because they needed to be in better condition, or that they were being worked too hard.

If it did happen, I was never aware of it, and I watched every single game back then.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

This guy Ulbrich is a clown. Saleh should be calling his own defense get this guy outta here 

In truth, this is one of the most disrespectful things I have ever heard said by a coach when that COACH is overseeing one of the worst defenses in the NFL with all this talent on it!

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Alka said:

Joe Klecko was relentless, as was said by multiple Hall of Fame offensive linemen who described Klecko.  Marty Lyons was a serious, no nonsense guy, who I don't remember ever taking plays off.  Gastineau was maybe the best pass rusher in history, but certainly the best in our Jets history.  And Abdul Salaam rounded out the Sack Exchange as a tough SOB who held his own.  Getting like 67 sacks one season, no one was complaining that any one of them was on the sidelines gasping for air, because they needed to be in better condition, or that they were being worked too hard.

If it did happen, I was never aware of it, and I watched every single game back then.

It never did, they were men.

28 minutes ago, Alka said:

One thing I don't understand is that there is a rotation.  Isn't the idea behind the rotation is that you are trying to keep the D linemen fresh, so that they aren't stuck on the sideline gasping for air?

Perhaps Ubrich isn't rotating Quinnen enough?  And perhaps as you say, Quinen's conditioning is subpar.  If that's the case, then I blame the coaching staff for allowing that to happen.

Any way you look at it, it just doesn't make sense to me.  Don't we have like 8 or 9 defensive linemen on the team?  If you can't keep 8 or 9 defensive linemen fresh through rotation, then I'm just lost.  I mean, the time the Jets offense has controlled the clock has been reasonable so far this year, even though the results haven't been good.

I'm lost.

I mean this isnt hockey. Granted it's not the same intensity but most high school players play both ways and specials with minimal blows. There's no reason why a defensive lineman who has pro bowl aspirations should need to come off the field all the time. Unless of course conditioning isnt stressed in preseason or the offseason. Football shape just doesn't happen. If the players push back against it then you probably need diffrent players. If the coaches are too afraid to push guys then you need different coaches. You can get buy in but still push guys. The navy seal stuff Saleh preaches is clearly fake hustle. 

1 hour ago, Irish Jet said:

This is actually embarrassing.

Quinnen’s agent should be calling this sh*t out immediately. Q is going to be looking for a top two or three level DT contract when the time comes and his coach is telling the league that he’s not fit to play 70% of the snaps.

Ulbrich is out of his depth.

It is disgusting what this coach said!

He is upset that Q called him out and that Q was RIGHT!!!

• Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Ironic that he’s wearing that shirt lmao

I can’t even remember what that 60% is in reference to but I bet it’s f*cking stupid.

Yeah I think at this point you can say (due to the many significant point disparities in losses) that the guy is mostly a rah-rah high school type of coach filled with way more memorized sayings than a mind that can out strategize opposing NFL coaches.

Being a HC is not for him…unfortunately.  I want him to succeed.

1 hour ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Quinnen just retweeted this clip

These idiots don’t think before they talk. They can’t be brutally honest because they have no ******* clue wtf is going on.

and the HC and his buddy the DC aren’t even on the same page. God they look and sound like morons. Which brings me to moron number one, woody. What questions did him and Christopher ask saleh?

1)”what’s your opinion of fireman Ed”?

2) “do you like band aids”?

3)”isn’t my little bro Christopher really really smart?”

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1