Jeff Ulbrich: Quinnen is “gasping for air”

Rhg1084

33 minutes ago, Coffee Is Great said:

Mountain out of a molehill. Ulbrich's tone and inflection weren't hostile. This wasn't meant as a diss to Q, he's just an idiot when he's in front of a microphone.

That’s why Q is retweeting Saleh saying he’s in the best shape of his life from earlier in the season 

The building is on fire and people like you can’t see it LOL

This Is Fine GIF by MONOWHALES

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

52 minutes ago, Cyberjet said:

I’m gonna go out on a limb here and maybe say that this is all being a bit melodramatic. If you edit what he says in isolation  and that’s all he said yes I agree it comes off awkward and perceptually bad.

HOWEVER,  he did spend time lauding Williams’ all out effort and athleticism for sometime  before he made that comment. In context it my makes sense  that he could be gassed because he gives all out every play and that’s according to his coach. 

we all know that DL who play 90-100% of the snaps do not and cannot play at 100% efficiency or effort. They take many plays off to recuperate in order to play 100% ‘when it counts’.

I get the rotation concept. Rested players so they are playing close to 100% capacity

This whole giving 110 percent on each play is why he’s gassed. 

otherwise the guy is an idiot

37 minutes ago, Coffee Is Great said:

Mountain out of a molehill. Ulbrich's tone and inflection weren't hostile. This wasn't meant as a diss to Q, he's just an idiot when he's in front of a microphone.

It really doesn’t matter if Ulbrich’s comment “wasn’t” intended to diss Q by saying he was “gasping for air” on the sidelines.

If it’s not an intentional diss, then it’s just purely stupid (as you say) with the same ramifications.

Can’t have your DC be an idiot in front of a microphone.  I’m pretty sure that’s not the only situation his idiocy is on display.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

This guy Ulbrich is a clown. Saleh should be calling his own defense get this guy outta here 

Geeze this is the coach talking..he just going to clown his guy? No bro how bout you don't call terrible def or maybe use some better plays. Its sad how little we get out of this def. 

The good ol rex days he had a top d with Jack sh*t on the team. He had one lock down corner and no pass rushers. Just imagine what he could do with this group

imnot advocating for rex just a better def coord/ def Coaching

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

No conspiracy.  Just the bold.  Dolt coaches doing dolt things, and seemingly doing them all the time.  That’s the whole issue. 

Agree. But his statement was just sloppy and dumb.  I don't think he was at all saying Q is or has been out of shape.  Now he has to clean it up, and probably will say something dumb again in the process.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

Agree. But his statement was just sloppy and dumb.  I don't think he was at all saying Q is or has been out of shape.  Now he has to clean it up, and probably will say something dumb again in the process.

Of course he wasn’t.  He said Q goes all out every snap and needs to go out.  
The over analysis of pressers continues 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Until the results change the scrutiny will continue.

Last year the Jets were # 31 in the NFL in point differential.  Thru 3 weeks of the 2022 season we sit at…. # 31 once again.  Even with the miraculous Flacco 4-TD performance in week 2 factored in.  

Make immediate progress or the press conferences will only get worse. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Last year the Jets were # 31 in the NFL in point differential.  Thru 3 weeks of the 2022 season we sit at…. # 31 once again.  Even with the miraculous Flacco 4-TD performance in week 2 factored in.  

Last year was a completely different team.  
Maybe everyone offended by the comments should have listened to the rest of the thought.  He was clear.
Demand whatever you want, outside of a board where too many overanalyze no one cares about these throw away comments 

9 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

People are gonna hate. They don’t like Ulbrich so they will edit and ignore all the accolades he threw at Williams before he made that statement. To me it was pretty obvious that he was stating that QW goes 100% 100% of the time. He gets gassed - I’m pretty sure every football player understands what he is saying. The implication actually if you want to create controversy is that the other players don’t do that.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Last year was a completely different team.  
Maybe everyone offended by the comments should have listened to the rest of the thought.  He was clear.
Demand whatever you want, outside of a board where too many overanalyze no one cares about these throw away comments 

Yet the results, thus far, have been about the same from a point differential perspective.

Thats concerning.  

3 minutes ago, Cyberjet said:

People are gonna hate. They don’t like Ulbrich so they will edit and ignore all the accolades he threw at Williams before he made that statement. To me it was pretty obvious that he was stating that QW goes 100% 100% of the time. He gets gassed - I’m pretty sure every football player understands what he is saying. The implication actually if you want to create controversy is that the other players don’t do that.

Exactly. 

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yet the results, thus far, have been about the same from a point differential perspective.

Thats concerning.  

They’ve played with a backup QB.  Backups all over the OL.  It’s 3 games in.  3 games where we were underdogs.  Into a schedule where I bet you had us 0-3 under optimal conditions 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

We talked about this all offseason 

there was always going to be tremendous pressure this year 

It’s time to win and cash in on some of this young talent. If they are 4-13 again, these guys are gone 

• Upvote 1

I hate to be a broken record but they did the same thing to Mims last year.  Now granted when he did play, he made several costly errors but by then he was pretty much a shell of his confident self.  Yet, the Jets started the first 3-5 games with him being either inactive or standing on the sidelines.   I called out the CS at the time and it looks like they are doing it again, this time with Q.   They also are not playing Moore to his strength which should be mostly in the slot.   I have started to really lose confidence in this group.  We can only hope the players can overcome this piss poor coaching and win a few games. 

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

I hate to be a broken record but they did the same thing to Mims last year.  Now granted when he did play, he made several costly errors but by then he was pretty much a shell of his confident self.  Yet, the Jets started the first 3-5 games with him being either inactive or standing on the sidelines.   I called out the CS at the time and it looks like they are doing it again, this time with Q.   They also are not playing Moore to his strength which should be mostly in the slot.   I have started to really lose confidence in this group.  We can only hope the players can overcome this piss poor coaching and win a few games. 

They're not playing really any of their power players where they should. Sauce could be a crap ton more effective if they made a few small changes to where he covers. Plus Q and Moore, as well as the fact that they aren't playing to their strengths with the 2 RBs.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Hex said:

It's becoming very hard to have any trust in this coaching staff.

This is the least trustworthy coaching staff I have ever seen on the NY Jets. Bunch of incompetent slime.  

Woody Johnson: This coaching staff is a disgrace.  Replace ASAP.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

maybe work on some more conditioning drills if your best players are sucking wind and unusable in critical game situations?

yep.  i don't get this.  these guys are supposed to be highly trained athletes.  the talented guys need to be one the field.  and the funny thing about the statement is the guy blocking qwill has probably been in for every offensive play.  shouldn't he be gasping for air too/

Ulbrich doesnt strike me as a very sharp individual.  Like, he should be coaching weight lifting at High School level of intelligence.  Just not a very smart person.  Seems like it takes him a very long time to process, well, anything and then his words when combined together barely form a functional sentence.  I'm not sure if good brains are required to call a defense but seeing that he clearly doesnt think at a normal humans pace, could speak to why he has zero ability to adapt or make a change during a game and why last year when questioned about how terrible the D was last year, he said he needed the entire seasons tape to make an assessment of what was wrong during the offseason.

Folks, lets face it, this dude is just dumb as dog sh*t.

• Upvote 3