Jeff Ulbrich: Quinnen is “gasping for air”

Rhg1084

1 hour ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Ulbrich Stormcloak gonna be the first coach to go - and rightfully so. 

Who knows what happens with Zach and the offense, and there are already 'built-in' excuses with the tackle injuries and Zach's injuries etc.

But on D? The talent is there... but we suck. And what, you suck with the media so bad that you threw our "best player" on D under the bus the week after he clearly freaked out on the sidelines? Great strategy, bro.

if you listen to the clip, he wasn't throwing him under the bus.  it came off bad but i think he was trying to complement him.

I understand he wasn’t trying to bash him but obviously he had no idea how to phrase it properly.  My biggest issue is his stubbornness with this stupid rotation.  It’s not working. Both Saleh and him are so stubborn that their way works that they will keep doing it even though all coaches are suppose to make adjustments as needed 

3 hours ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Who knows what happens with Zach and the offense, and there are already 'built-in' excuses with the tackle injuries and Zach's injuries etc.

But on D? The talent is there... but we suck. And what, you suck with the media so bad that you threw our "best player" on D under the bus the week after he clearly freaked out on the sidelines? Great strategy, bro.

That I agree with. The rush is straight on simple. I do worry when the rush isn’t working. 

15 minutes ago, Cyberjet said:

This is why I think a rotation of DL is important 

Best bet is to keep aaron donald, tj watt and the bosa brothers on the bench for at least 50% of each game.  Also oline gets tired, time to start rotating your pro bowl LT's of the league with guys like connor mcdermott because oline gets tired too.

7 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Best bet is to keep aaron donald, tj watt and the bosa brothers on the bench for at least 50% of each game.  Also oline gets tired, time to start rotating your pro bowl LT's of the league with guys like connor mcdermott because oline gets tired too.

Not very good sarcasm but keep trying. 

23 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Okay how about this?

Alex Highsmith snap counts by week.

83%, 84%, 94%

Leads the league in sacks, he may even suck air the odd time.

Isn’t he a LB?  I thought we were talking DL rotation. DL position is probably the most exhausting position in football 

11 minutes ago, Cyberjet said:

Isn’t he a LB?  I thought we were talking DL rotation. DL position is probably the most exhausting position in football 

Truth, but a high pick like Q shouldn't be seeing 45% playing time. If Highsmith is at 80%+ then Q should be at 70%+, no excuses. 

My fresh take on Ulbrich 

Finally listened to the presser.  Have no problem with what the DC said.

Somebody has to keep things real for once.

Somebody had to call out Quinnen because the HC won’t do jack because he’s afraid his players will stop liking him.

Dude was talked up as if he’s prime Fletcher Cox or Aaron Donald, yet doesn’t do jack to impact football games.

Landon Donovan Soccer GIF

On 9/30/2022 at 9:59 AM, Cyberjet said:

I’m not defending Ulbrich when it comes to his defense. What I am defending is what Ulbrich said about QW. People are overreacting, taking what he said out of context meaning he lauds Williams effort and athleticism constantly. If QW and posters are so freaking sensitive that Ulbrich stated which we all observed on Sunday (and people commented he was out of shape etc) that QW gets winded and needs a break then so be it. At least Ulbrich put Williams’ need for breaks in context meaning he stated that no one busts his hump more than QW.

Ulbrich had a horrendous defense last season. 

He gets a significant talent upgrade, and the defense is still horrendous.

He has two strong cover corners and wastes them in zone coverage.  The safeties are out of position because they don’t know where to be.

He is utterly incompetent.  

• Upvote 1

On 9/30/2022 at 11:02 AM, RedBeardedSavage said:

Nice.  A random Skyrim reference on JN.

I thought I’d seen it all on this site.  Well done.

2 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Do you get to the Cloud District very often?

What am I saying? Of course you don't. 

I just read the thread because I despise JU.

Couldn’t let that go unrecognized…

I’ll be bumping my **Official** Fire Ulbrich thread tomorrow when Diontae Johnson finds himself all alone to prance in for a 50 yard TD.

5 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

And I'm almost certain he's an agent for those Bhalmor Raven assh*oles. I hate them so much.

If there was a contest for best poster on JN… you’d get my vote.

Even my wife thinks you’re posts are funny and she doesn’t watch football.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Quinnen still only played 61 % of the snaps on Sunday, lol.  

That's not on him.  That's the Coaching staff's decision.  It looks/sounds like Quinnen is killing it with his snaps.  I think we all agree that Quinnen and JFM should be logging 70% on the interior with Thomas and Rankins spotting them.  I would imagine that Quinnen agrees as well.

Was watching a lot of Quinnen. He’s all gas no breaks! Best player on the defense. Crazy motor.

With that said, I did see him kneeling on one knee on the sideline resting up at one point in the game. If he is going to play with that motor, I’m going to have to agree with Ulbrich. 60% seems about right.  Wont argue with 70% though.

2 hours ago, nycdan said:

I love to watch when 7 pages of moaning about a player comes crashing down in the span of a single game.

1 hour ago, nycdan said:

That's not on him.  That's the Coaching staff's decision.  It looks/sounds like Quinnen is killing it with his snaps.  I think we all agree that Quinnen and JFM should be logging 70% on the interior with Thomas and Rankins spotting them.  I would imagine that Quinnen agrees as well.

I hear ya.  You just made it seem like this entire thread was merely about thrashing Quinnen, when I would say it was more about Ulbrich.  Post press conference Quinnen's snap count actually dropped from last week (68 %), which is funny to me.  Ulbrich is trolling all of us, lol.

On 9/29/2022 at 10:22 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

So Ulbrich is making himself AND Quinnen look terrible with that answer.  That's cool.

Ulbrich took a payout to set himself up as a sacrificial lamb in case Trubisky exploded on Sunday. Prove me wrong.

• Haha 1