TNF: Bengals v Dolphins

Lith

2 minutes ago, DLJ said:

Not sure what Queen was called Cincinatti… they just pulled that straight out of the arseholes.

According to google:

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2020/12/22/why-cincinnati-called-queen-city/4007103001/

Interesting. Thanks.  I also got a kick, for whatever reason, for that article stating it was likely “passed around the streets” before officially acquiring the nickname

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

"Christopher John Nowinski is an American neuroscientist and author. Co-founder and CEO of the Concussion Legacy Foundation, and co-founder of the Boston University CTE Center"

Yeah he’s always on that show real sports on HBO 

think he played football at Stanford and then was in the wwe, got a bunch of concussions 

then dedicated his life to studying cte 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

What does it matter?  It is everyone on the dolphins staff’s fault, including Tua, who comes off as an idiot who would lie to keep playing.  

In a situation like this unfortunately you need to assume the player is lying, not because he is an idiot but because he wants to play and NFL players think they are invincible. It's why you have independent evaluators. Clearly those protocols need further evaluation and refinement. I will admit feeling sick to me stomach for what happened to Tua...." conscious and movement in extremeties"  does not make it better.

6 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

"Christopher John Nowinski is an American neuroscientist and author. Co-founder and CEO of the Concussion Legacy Foundation, and co-founder of the Boston University CTE Center"

When a former WWF wrestler(albeit an incredibly bright and qualified one) is this upset about your concussion protocol, you are in some deep sh*t.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

How so, If it turns out he has a neck injury unrelated to anything that happened last Sunday?

The Dolphins have already announced that he has head and neck injuries.  Where are you getting that it is not a head injury?

And, for what its worth, last week, during the game, Dolphins announced Tua had a head injury, and then after the game it became a back injury.

4 minutes ago, Lith said:

The Dolphins have already announced that he has head and neck injuries.  Where are you getting that it is not a head injury?

And, for what its worth, last week, during the game, Dolphins announced Tua had a head injury, and then after the game it became a back injury.

The woman sideline reporter said at halftime “the Dolphins have said Tua sustained a neck injury” when I heard that, that’s when I said we need to stop jumping to conclusions.