Tua head injury: bad look for NFL/Dolphins

Dcat

2 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

1-2 with the worst starting qb in the league under center.  Best case scenario for this team through 3 games.  Lets see how we look Sunday with our starting qb under center.

The cope here is amazing. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Mike mcdaniel is a joke.  Outside of beating a bad patriots team, hes been thouroughly outplay 3 weeks in a row.  His team should be 1-3.

You keep saying this. I mean what wtf do we have as a HC. Saleh is worse. Jet fans should be the last people to critique  another team's CS. Other than LeFlure and maybe the ST coach, our whole CS should be fired. Saleh is a defensive coach and out D is a joke. It got to the point that Q couldn't  even stand what they were doing and exploded on the sideline.  You hardly ever see a player yelling at a coach on the sideline,  it is normally the other way around. I would love to be 3-1 right now no matter how we got it. We are 1-2 and it took a miracle  to get the one win. What does that say?

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

It was a tackle.  Tua saw him coming.  Yes, he was whipped to the ground, but the guy didn't put his weight on him or anything.  Tua's head hit the turf.  It happens.  It's a violent game, but we can't start penalizing the result rather than the intent/conduct.

Yeah, I was talking generally about QBs.  But I agree that hits like that happen all the time and are part of the game.  Those "whoo hits" are part of why we watched every week.

As many have pointed out, the guys today are bigger, faster, more athletic; the game is much faster now, etc.   Plus, they play mostly on plastic/rubber pellet covered concrete instead of grass.  These all have an impact and why the NFL has attempted to tone down some of the violence.  The problem is that the officials are incapable of making consistent decisions.  Whether it's the definition of a catch or personal foul, they fail miserably most games.

6 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

You keep saying this. I mean what wtf do we have as a HC. Saleh is worse. Jet fans should be the last people to critique  another team's CS. Other than LeFlure and maybe the ST coach, our whole CS should be fired. Saleh is a defensive coach and out D is a joke. It got to the point that Q couldn't  even stand what they were doing and exploded on the sideline.  You hardly ever see a player yelling at a coach on the sideline,  it is normally the other way around. I would love to be 3-1 right now no matter how we got it. We are 1-2 and it took a miracle  to get the one win. What does that say?

Mike McDaniel's results on the football field have nothing to do with Robert Saleh.  He should be 1-3 and if he had Joe Flacco as his qb would probably be 0-4 right now.

Never ever want to see a guy injured ...

however it's part of the sport that pays the QB position ludicrous speed money to put themselves at risk in a violent sport.

The public needs to accept this or let the sport die.

The rule should be any signs of possible head trauma .. guy is out for the game period and then evaluated the following week.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

8 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

The nfl doesnt care about its players, it doesnt care about breast cancer, it doesnt care about minorities, it doesnt care about woman etc etc etc.  All of these causes they support are a dog and pony show.  The nfl is in it to make as much money as possible.  That is all they care about.

Deep down, most of us know this and are ok with it.  What is the alternative?  I am going to stop watching football?

100%, and the same can be said for every corporation and politician really

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, docdhc said:

It was an independent doctor who cleared him. They determined he didn’t have a concussion based on actual exam and cognitive testing. Yes it looks bad because he had a head injury this week but everything doesn’t have to be a conspiracy. 

Calling BS... it's not just about the exam... it's about the incident.  Any idiot could see he was concussed.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

The nfl doesnt care about its players, it doesnt care about breast cancer, it doesnt care about minorities, it doesnt care about woman etc etc etc.  All of these causes they support are a dog and pony show.  The nfl is in it to make as much money as possible.  That is all they care about.
Deep down, most of us know this and are ok with it.  What is the alternative?  I am going to stop watching football?
In my opinion they should stop with the childish attempt to make the sport look safe.

They should simply let it be what it is .. an exciting, violent, gladitorial contest that pays its players insano money for the risks involved ... especially at the QB position.

Legislating the violence out of the game will brings its demise more quickly.

I never want to see a player get injured .. just as I never want to see a formula 1 accident. But the toughness and violence absolutely is part.of why I watch.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

8 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Stop the presses.....  we agree 100 percent on something. I'd say that's not just the NFL. It's ESPN, baseball etc.  

23 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Mike McDaniel's results on the football field have nothing to do with Robert Saleh.  He should be 1-3 and if he had Joe Flacco as his qb would probably be 0-4 right now.

Flacco is not the problem on this team. The defense is. All you ever do is point to Flacco as an issue when our defense is the biggest problem on this team and that is on Saleh. McDaniels is 3-1 as a HC and Saleh is 4-19. You tell me who is doing a better job. Harris will will probably have 200 yards of combined O against us on Sunday. This D can't  stop water running down hill. Maybe if the defense could stop someone Flacco wouldn't  have to throw a million times a game. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, nycdan said:

I'm waiting for the over-analysis to start about how Teddy B came in and was essentially just as effective as Tua was prior to the hit.  It's a pretty good roster and I'm not sure they are going to be much worse for the switch.  

Eh, Teddy wasn't great stepping in last night. But think he'll do fine holding down the fort. 

Hill is such a beast. Would've loved to see him here. 

1 hour ago, Flightattendant said:

Yeah I thought these were the hits they wanted to take out of the game. Pretty crazy how the NFL gives penalties for taunting or celebration but not damaging a brain.

1 hour ago, munchmemory said:

Tua got whipped down last night and officials did zilch.  If that were Brady, the D lineman would have been ejected.

1 hour ago, Flightattendant said:

The roughing the passer penalty is so sh*t. It doesn't take away the hits that are actually hurting these guys. He was slammed to the ground. How is that legal?

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

It's football.  Aren't you supposed to slam people to the ground?  It's okay to do it to the RB, but not the QB?  I am sure they would have called it if it weren't for the play prior being that "diving at the legs" nonsense where a falling DL has to determine whether he should try to do his job while falling to the floor being blocked by a 340 lb man. 

The hit didn't look that bad from TV but IMO was unnecessary, the ball was released. Using it as an example there are so many times players are hit "after" they release the ball, after they are out of bounds, WR's hit when the ball isn't even near them.

The NFL, if it gave a shot, would expand the unnecessary roughness penalty. Yes it's discretionary but how many times do we see a WR go for a ball, clearly out of reach and he gets hit so hard and the defender knows the play is dead.  

The NFL doesn't care.... these players are gladiators. A Spanish expression I recently learned "carne de cañón".  Basically expendable cannon fodder. Unless you are one of the top 10 QB's.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

He's not 1 and 3.  He's 3 and 1.  Baltimore and Buffalo are well coached teams not clown cars.  Almost everyone in the NFL was ready to write Tua off as a fraud.  Tua may well wash out becuase of durability issues and head truma but he's been playing great under McDaniel system and play calling.  

I highly doubt Flacco starts a game if McDaniels is the Jets HC.  Flacco starting was Saleh's decision.   The idea that Joe Flacco would start for Mike McDaniels and that Saleh is a victim of Joe Flacco is where you went off the rails. 

46 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

1-2 with the worst starting qb in the league under center.  Best case scenario for this team through 3 games.  Lets see how we look Sunday with our starting qb under center.

Joe Flacco starting was Saleh's decision.  Think about that before you get back to me.  

The hit didn't look that bad from TV but IMO was unnecessary, the ball was released. Using it as an example there are so many times players are hit "after" they release the ball, after they are out of bounds, WR's hit when the ball isn't even near them.
The NFL, if it gave a shot, would expand the unnecessary roughness penalty. Yes it's discretionary but how many times do we see a WR go for a ball, clearly out of reach and he gets hit so hard and the defender knows the play is dead.  
The NFL doesn't care.... these players are gladiators. A Spanish expression I recently learned "carne de cañón".  Basically expendable cannon fodder. Unless you are one of the top 10 QB's.

Meh .. if the act of the tackle.is in progress you cant and should not stop the hit.

3 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Eh, Teddy wasn't great stepping in last night. But think he'll do fine holding down the fort. 

Hill is such a beast. Would've loved to see him here. 

Yes, Hill is.  But I think we're going to be happy with GW plus whatever else it would have cost us to bring Hill here.  I don't think that is what is holding this team back.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, docdhc said:

It was an independent doctor who cleared him. They determined he didn’t have a concussion based on actual exam and cognitive testing. Yes it looks bad because he had a head injury this week but everything doesn’t have to be a conspiracy. 

Without an autopsy it's very hard to determine CTE, Alzeheimers or concussions.   

11 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Flacco is not the problem on this team. The defense is. All you ever do is point to Flacco as an issue when our defense is the biggest problem on this team and that is on Saleh. McDaniels is 3-1 as a HC and Saleh is 4-19. You tell me who is doing a better job. Harris will will probably have 200 yards of combined O against us on Sunday. This D can't  stop water running down hill. Maybe if the defense could stop someone Flacco wouldn't  have to throw a million times a game. 

Flacco is part of the problem and Saleh starting him was a choice by the HC. 

• Post of the Week 1

29 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Only in Jetland where we have pressing concerns about an injured rival QB , while constantly bashing and ridiculing our own. 

You can say that again. Worst fans in the league.

Im willing to tutor on friday afternoons to try to help some of you miserable waste of lives out, but you have to take the first step and pm me

43 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Wasn’t Saleh the one declaring that Joe Flacco is still a starter in this league? Is that because the bald beast is so confident he decided to handicap himself to give the other teams a chance? Or is it simply he has no clue what the hell he’s doing? 

• Upvote 1