Maybe we're better than I thought?

PorP

2 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Let’s see how we look against the Steelers. We will be a quarter in. Decent sample size. If our defense gets thrashed yet again Houston we have a problem 

We have 1 edge coming back off IR, we drafted 2 edges, we have a huge # of DE/DL in and out of the rotation.  So WTF where is out pass rush?  (I know coming back from an Achilles can take time but....WTF).  

On the other side of the ball, the box is always stacked, WTF.  We have 2 good or better RBs so where is the run game, WTF.   

I really really really hate this HC since he is the one who is failing to adapt.  Unforced errors, sure those hurt but failing to adapt causes players to press, trying to make up for it.     

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, nycdan said:

Turnovers, penalties, dropped passes, and a few really bad broken plays have been the story of this team.  I can see the difference in talent almost everywhere except perhaps the DL, which really surprises me.  I am NOT seeing the talent there yet.  

But this team is more about mental mistakes in most cases.  If they can somehow figure it out, and start winning the turnover battles, and stop giving opposing WRs massive gains on third down passes, they can win games against almost anyone.  It's a very big *if* though...

[EDIT: I checked and here is the biggest issue with this team this year.  Interesting who is right behind us though.]

image.png

I was having fun with math and found something interesting about this...

It was the game we won that skewed our numbers... we allowed the browns a 67% 3rd down efficiency.

Against the Ravens we allowed 38% and their average so far this season is 36%

Against the Bengals we allowed 50% efficiency and their average so far is 47%.

6 hours ago, nycdan said:

Turnovers, penalties, dropped passes, and a few really bad broken plays have been the story of this team.  I can see the difference in talent almost everywhere except perhaps the DL, which really surprises me.  I am NOT seeing the talent there yet.  

But this team is more about mental mistakes in most cases.  If they can somehow figure it out, and start winning the turnover battles, and stop giving opposing WRs massive gains on third down passes, they can win games against almost anyone.  It's a very big *if* though...

[EDIT: I checked and here is the biggest issue with this team this year.  Interesting who is right behind us though.]

image.png

This surprises me too. I heard all week our pass rush will look different without having to maintain their lanes to slow Lamar one week then the Browns pass rush the next. I think even Saleh said his pass rush should be much better being able to tee-off on Burrow. Didn't seem to happen, although they did get 3 really good sacks, so there's that I guess.