Jump to content

Saleh Says it’s “Bush League” to Discuss Ulbrich Comments on Quinnen Williams


JetNation
 Share

Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Context is wins and losses.    We're in season there's a game on Sunday that a well coached team can win.   If you're winning nobody needs defending if your loseing every thing is indefensible.  It's not complicated.  

I think Saleh is a fraud.  So what, Saleh can prove me wrong by winning football games the thing he's actually paid to do.  Pittsburgh is a very winnable game.  Miami's D doesn't look great.  If Tua is hurt that's a winnable game.  The Pats look very beatable.  Denver looks like they gave up a ton for another QB who's done.  We have as much talent as at least 20 teams in the NFL.  If the QB can play and the coaching staff can coach this team can ball and win games.  

Stuff gets taken out of context because were lossing games.  Context changes when we win games.   If the team gets to 4 and 4 at some point nobody is piling on were all praising him.  If we get to 2 and 6 it's going to get ugly.  

 

No stuff gets taken out of context because its what Jet fans want to do. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

How many times this year when Saleh has opened his mouth has he had to backtrack?  It feels like this has happened a bunch already and we're only in week 4.  He's been a disaster with the media so far.  And his W/L record has been worse than his handling/use of the media.  

Quantify that please... how and in what way is he a disaster? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Belichick has won multiple super bowls. When Saleh starts winning he can say whatever he wants to the media and get away with it. Until then it's going to generate a sht storm. So far all we get are a bunch of uncompetitive losses with the worst defense in the league.

Being a PR guy is part of a coaches job. 

Belichick's press conference when he resigned from the Jets was a disaster.  People thought he needed therapy.  He seemed to do fine after that.  Saleh's job is not to give good press conferences or provide answers to questions fans have. His job is to coach.  While I agree he has to win more, I don't care whether he is good with the media or not and neither should any other fan. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

The out of context is that people here and within the media/twitter are making this out like he was throwing QW under the bus.  That was clearly not the intent, not even a little. Yes, those were the literal words, but the intention what it was made out to be.

Serious question - why do you care what Saleh says to the media? Does him taking receipts make the team any better or worse.

I don't love that sh*t either and would prefer him to just say nothing -but mostly I don't care.  I would like to see production.

His comment is his comment. You don't get a free pass to say whatever you want because you preface it with "no offense but". He doesn't have his best d-lineman on the field in critical situations where his defense is struggling badly because in his own words he looks at Williams on the sideline and he's "gasping for air". That's not a good look regardless of what he said before hand. 

The only reason I care what these guys say to the media is because it has potential to create a media storm and chaos that can shorten the shelve life of coaches in NY. You're already seeing it. I'm sick and tired of changing coaches ever 2-3 years and I want Saleh to work out. He and his coordinators need to learn quickly to handle the media better.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

I get crucified for this but who hires these frauds???   A good organization can escape a bad upper hire but we have had 10 years of poor hires at GM, HC , asst coach etc.  THAT is a culture driven from trust fund baby's like Woody and Chris.  

Doug Pederson has a Super Bowl ring he won with a franchise that had a history of futility,  is an offensive guy and probably wanted to get paid accordingly. So of course the Jets hired a 1st timer and on the cheap. DO you see a pattern here? 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Listening to the sound bite again, it sounds like Ulbrich was trying to emphasize that you don't want to be in a critical moment and then you turn around and your star player is gasping for air because you ran them into the ground.  It seemed like that statement was more indicative of his philosophy on rotations rather than a slight at Quininen.  Regardless, it's stupid and you need to put your best player in as much as possible.   If Quinnen calls for a breather, then you can sit him.  I think Ulbrich is in over his head tbh and just like Saleh, that statement is more red flag for his rigidity as a coach and not on Quinnen's physical fitness level.  Some coaches are just stubborn as hell.  Ulbrich at best, needs to learn how to phrase his responses in a way that conveys what he means. At worst he's sabotaging the contract year of his star defensive player and his coaching career.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Context is wins and losses.    We're in season there's a game on Sunday that a well coached team can win.   If you're winning nobody needs defending if your loseing every thing is indefensible.  It's not complicated.  

I think Saleh is a fraud.  So what, Saleh can prove me wrong by winning football games the thing he's actually paid to do.  Pittsburgh is a very winnable game.  Miami's D doesn't look great.  If Tua is hurt that's a winnable game.  The Pats look very beatable.  Denver looks like they gave up a ton for another QB who's done.  We have as much talent as at least 20 teams in the NFL.  If the QB can play and the coaching staff can coach this team can ball and win games.  

Stuff gets taken out of context because were lossing games.  Context changes when we win games.   If the team gets to 4 and 4 at some point nobody is piling on were all praising him.  If we get to 2 and 6 it's going to get ugly.  

 

I think you’re confusing “context”, with something being “taken out of context”.

When someone reports a coach saying  a player can’t be put back in “because he’s gasping for air” without including the rest of his sentence “because of how much effort he expended when he was just out there”, that’s not only taking something out of context, that’s him being a di*k.

There are plenty of things to be upset about with this CS, and you listed a few, but this nonsense isn’t one of them.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

He said it was bush league for the press to grab a snippet of what Ulbrich said and use it out of context to make it look like an insult. Ironically enough they have also taken a tiny snippet of what Saleh said and are using it out of context here again. 
Shhhh.....people don't want to hear the truth, it gets in the way of their agenda.

Sent from the NY Jets /Zack Wilson Suicide Watch desk.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

You’re not wrong.  He has.

Kotite never had a slogan though.

What’s next from Saleh, a Jets holiday jingle?

Kotite, as HC of the Eagles, won 12 games in '92 including one playoff win.

Saleh won't win 12 games in his entire Jets career and will never sniff the playoffs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Belichick's press conference when he resigned from the Jets was a disaster.  People thought he needed therapy.  He seemed to do fine after that.  Saleh's job is not to give good press conferences or provide answers to questions fans have. His job is to coach.  While I agree he has to win more, I don't care whether he is good with the media or not and neither should any other fan. 

Belichick is a scumbag and does need therapy.

  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Doug Pederson has a Super Bowl ring he won with a franchise that had a history of futility,  is an offensive guy and probably wanted to get paid accordingly. So of course the Jets hired a 1st timer and on the cheap. DO you see a pattern here? 

Eagles went to the NFC Champ game 4 years in a row and have always been a better team than us.  But not sure your point.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Eagles went to the NFC Champ game 4 years in a row and have always been a better team than us.  But not sure your point.

Hired a 1st time coach, again. And over an experienced championship coach who almost certainly wanted to get paid. And instead, again,  a 1st timer on the cheap. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Do you know that for certain or did you just infer that because he had a sideline yelling match with a coach last week.  Unless your in the locker room or talking directly to the player, you have no idea what he's thinking or feeling. 

The sideline yelling match was Sunday, the quote was following the game so that has nothing to do with it. 

Quinnen is retweeting quotes from Saleh that stated Quinnen is in great shape, so he is obviously offended or bothered by Ulrich’s comment. And Quinnen refused to speak to the media yesterday. 

It was an unnecessary comment that any level of manager or coach would know not to make. Keep on blaming the evil media and stupid fans though. 

  • Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Hired a 1st time coach, again. And over an experienced champonship coach who almost certainly wanted to get paid. And insterad, again,  a 1st timer on the cheap. 

You’re all over the place in this thread. Now you’re doing a Pederson schtick? 😂

I’m too lazy to go back and check, but when Saleh was hired the vast majority of people here were ecstatic over the choice. I’d be willing to guess you were one of them.

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

The out of context is that people here and within the media/twitter are making this out like he was throwing QW under the bus.  That was clearly not the intent, not even a little. Yes, those were the literal words, but the intention what it was made out to be.

Serious question - why do you care what Saleh says to the media? Does him taking receipts make the team any better or worse.

I don't love that sh*t either and would prefer him to just say nothing -but mostly I don't care.  I would like to see production.

Bingo on the question! I do not but there is a point of dimishing returns which they are fast approaching and may have already exceeded with some fans.   They need to be more savvy with the media... if that is possible.  I suggest they start Sunday wth a win.  That will go a long way to stopping the seemely constant overreaction by the media and fans. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

The sideline yelling match was Sunday, the quote was following the game so that has nothing to do with it. 

Quinnen is retweeting quotes from Saleh that stated Quinnen is in great shape, so he is obviously offended or bothered by Ulrich’s comment. And Quinnen refused to speak to the media yesterday. 

It was an unnecessary comment that any level of manager or coach would know not to make. Keep on blaming the evil media and stupid fans though. 

Thank you - I certainly will !

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Green Ghost said:

You’re all over the place in this thread. Now you’re doing a Pederson schtick? 😂

I’m too lazy to go back and check, but when Saleh was hired the vast majority of people here were ecstatic over the choice. I’d be willing to guess you were one of them.

Not me… I saw him as a cheerleader unproven.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Be_a_Jet said:

Plenty of stuff to get on Saleh about but his press conferences isn’t one of them. People just mad team sucks , which can’t blame em. 

Exactly.  The comments about Q were totally misrepresented to make it seem as if Ulbrich was saying Q is out of shape. It was clearly not what he meant..... but this is what happens when you continually suck at your job.  

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

I still think experienced coaches dont want to work for Woody. 

Based on what exactly?  
The idea that HCs often turn down coaching opportunities is as wrong as it gets.  
I remember the McCarthy won’t work Woody nonsense.  Turned out it was the only job he would take.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Based on what exactly?  
The idea that HCs often turn down coaching opportunities is as wrong as it gets.  
I remember the McCarthy won’t work Woody nonsense.  Turned out it was the only job he would take.  

Name an experienced coach who has come here under Woody???   We suck and it starts from the top.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Not me… I saw him as a cheerleader unproven.  

Stop… nobody likes the guy who wants to be the teacher’s pet. 😜

I’m hoping everything’s good up by you after the storm? We got lucky down by me, it was bad for a few hours, but nothing like what those poor people in Florida went through. I’m amazed my power never went out though…

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Green Ghost said:

Stop… nobody likes the guy who wants to be the teacher’s pet. 😜

I’m hoping everything’s good up by you after the storm? We got lucky down by me, it was bad for a few hours, but nothing like what those poor people in Florida went through. I’m amazed my power never went out though…

Here in Charlotte all good. I have a condo in Carolina Beach, wondering about that place now.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Here in Charlotte all good. I have a condo in Carolina Beach, wondering about that place now.   

It seemed like the worst was down by Pawleys Island and south to Charleston. Hopefully your place will be okay.

I also have a townhouse in True Blue I rent, and that made it through with no damage.

Wanna talk first world problems, my new PXG wedges were supposed to come today, but that got pushed back to Monday. To make matters worse, my gf has a home on the water in Litchfield. Their power is out, so it looks like I’m stuck with her and her daughter for at least the weekend. 🙄

^^^^ @Spoot-Face

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Name an experienced coach who has come here under Woody???   We suck and it starts from the top.  

very few good, experienced coaches are available at any given time. now its only Payton. before him was who?..McCarthy? and where did he go? to one of the best organizations with a QB might i add in the NFL. who is coming here and risk their legacy with a team who right now doesnt have a QB. you think Payton want to take a chance on Zach or a new drafted QB next year and win 4 games.

but there are plenty of failed HC out there with experience. Judge....Patricia.... Lovie Smith? and they might be better than Saleh. but nobody said that when we hired him. i bet this board would have lost their minds if we hired a failed HC with experience over a hot new candidate

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share




×
×
  • Create New...