*** College Game Day 10-01 ***

Beerfish

36 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

In other news.... My CFL team, once the flag ship of the league just lost it's record setting 15th straight home game.  Our home field used to be death valley for every other team in the league.  My god we stink.

You sure know how to pick 'em.

51 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

The JETS of the CFL?????

Well the thing is in the 'glory days' when I was in my early-mid 20's and most rabid fan we won 5 Grey cups in a row and were a total dynasty.  Have been a really good team most other years but now we suck, not as if they do not win any games they won like 4 last year and 4 this year so far.  Can not win at home.

Now here is the theory, our team was named the Edmonton Eskimos for like 60 years.  Finally the political correctness caught up with the team and they were forced to change their name to what is now the Edmonton Elks.  They have not won a single home game since the name change.  lol  With covid cancellation year it has been like 3 years.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Georgia fans.......

giphy.gif

Absolutely. 

Somehow we pulled it out.  MIzzou dominated both sides of the line of scrimmage for 3 quarters.  But we did just enough to survive.  Gonna have to be a lot better when the schedule gets tougher.  A lot of credit to Mizzou -- they played really well, pressured Bennett and he struggled to handle the pressure.  They just wore down and we were able to take advantage of it.

• Upvote 3