Jump to content

Some of you wanted this dude over Sauce


Bronx
 Share

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Most would argue Football players are role models in their community and there do need to make an impression. Right or wrong along to kids do in fact look up to them.

I would say that it accurate 

But one wouldn’t argue that how he dresses should decide if he is or isn’t a role model.  
And no one would argue it has anything to do with how well he plays his position.  

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

But one wouldn’t argue that how he dresses should decide if he is or isn’t a role model.  
And no one would argue it has anything to do with how well he plays his position.  

I agree with the second part for sure!! 

  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/1/2022 at 12:38 PM, Warfish said:

I don't care how they dress.

I care how they play.

This feels like an "I'm old and white and don't understand how these young black kids dress these days" thread.

At the end of the day, yes the play is all that matters. But if you go out of your way to put attention on yourself you better back it up. There is simply no aspect of humbleness or humility anymore. Is it the end of the world? No, but it can be a bit of a red flag. Mabe im just cranky at the culture. All the posts the teams do with the players and the wardrobe getting onto and off of the plane, for the love of god....social media has destroyed society.  And I feel the same way regardless if its cam newton or joe burrow. Again not a huge deal, but an ideal society wouldn't reward people going out of their way to look like clowns.

  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Ruby2 said:

At the end of the day, yes the play is all that matters. But if you go out of your way to put attention on yourself you better back it up.

I don't think that outfit in an example of "put(ting) the attention on himself".  

Have you watched players show up to places in street clothes these days.  That outfit is hardly out of the norm for many young players these days.  It's just the style of the day.

Evaluating Thibs play on the field is 100% fair game.

1 hour ago, Ruby2 said:

There is simply no aspect of humbleness or humility anymore.

665c0f1e5f25dfbece23ecc49cd526de.jpg

I think people forget that flamboyant players are flamboyant, and all the more so today.

1 hour ago, Ruby2 said:

Is it the end of the world? No, but it can be a bit of a red flag. Mabe im just cranky at the culture.

I think being "cranky at the culture" is pretty common these days.  All I'll offer in response is that every generation, as it gets older, gets "cranky at the culture".  No one ever seems to remember when they were the culture that their parents/grandparents were cranky over, lol.

1 hour ago, Ruby2 said:

All the posts the teams do with the players and the wardrobe getting onto and off of the plane, for the love of god....social media has destroyed society.

Society might disagree, but personally this site is one of the only "social media" I partake it.  So I'm with you.

But keep in mind, social media is only a reflection of us.  We (collectively) make it what it is.  It is sucks, it's because we humans suck.

1 hour ago, Ruby2 said:

And I feel the same way regardless if its cam newton or joe burrow. Again not a huge deal, but an ideal society wouldn't reward people going out of their way to look like clowns.

/shrug

The list of people once called clowns who are now iconic examples of style are too many to list.

It's not 1950, and players don't all wear IBM-style suits to the stadium.  While I may think some of them look like clowns too, I do like that people are more free these days to express themselves stylistically without the abuses (mostly) of the past.  JMO.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/1/2022 at 12:38 PM, Warfish said:

I don't care how they dress.

I care how they play.

This feels like an "I'm old and white and don't understand how these young black kids dress these days" thread.

I'm old enough to remember the days when Warfish was the guy he's describing in this post.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...