<<<<<<< Jets vs Steelers -- The Official Game Thread >>>>>>>

Maxman

1 hour ago, Bugg said:

Would like nothing better than to be wrong. Want this team to be good and get in the playoffs and make noise. And if you pick a QB #2 in the draft, is  that not the expectation? Aren't we supposed to see Wilson be in the conversation  one of the best QBs in the NFL? 12 for 16 for 140 yards and 2 INTs in a 21-10 loss is not the idea. 

I haven’t looked at the numbers exactly, but based solely of memory, I’d say that about half of QBs picked in top 5 turn out to be average at best, if not much more than half.  So no, I wouldn’t say that’s the expectation.  That would be the hope.  In the past decade or so, I can name maybe 3 QBs drafted in the top 5 who are/were universally considered “good” QBs.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I haven’t looked at the numbers exactly, but based solely of memory, I’d say that about half of QBs picked in top 5 QBs turn out to be average at best, if not much more.  So no, I wouldn’t say that’s the expectation.  That would be the hope.  In the past decade or so, I can name maybe 3 QBs drafted in the top 5 who are/were universally considered “good” QBs.

Than what is the expectation; mediocrity? Really than what was  the the point if not greatness? 

Just now, Bugg said:

Than what is the expectation; mediocrity? Really than what was  the the point if not greatness? 

I don’t know what the correct expectations are for top 5 QBs are honestly.  But expecting them to be great when the evidence rarely backs that up for over a decade doesn’t seem like the correct thing either.

1 minute ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I don’t know what the correct expectations are for top 5 QBs are honestly.  But expecting them to be great when the evidence rarely backs that up for over a decade doesn’t seem like the correct thing either.

At a loss. Then why did they pick him? It isn't that random. If you take a player that high at the QB position you need him to be a solid pro.

• Post of the Week 1

Just now, SickJetFan said:

everything is really nice butterface

Western PA is a wasteland out of a Mad Max movie, and the kid looks like he could be Oliver Twist. More, sir, please? .Looks like they live under a high helix, possibly in some discarded fridge boxes. 

• Haha 2