<<<<<<< Jets vs Steelers -- The Official Game Thread >>>>>>>

Maxman

38 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I wholeheartedly agree with this.   Landing spot and coaching is far more important than is generally acknowledged on here. Sitting and waiting for a good portion of games doesn’t seem to hurt either.  Rodgers, Brady, Mahomes all sat extensively at the beginning of their career.  Allen sat for awhile.  Lamar was used sparingly in specific packages only for about the first half of his rookie year.  It’s all circumstantial evidence, but there is a lot of it that shows if you want the absolute tip top QBs, that might be the route to go.  Sitting them and plugging them into a competitive roster after a bit.

I certainly think it’s worth a try. Maybe the Wilson injuries accidentally get the Jets there?

2 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

So....Zach Wilson. 

Looks pretty good so far.,

He does. I just want to continue seeing consistency. He’s throwing the ball pretty well. Good decisions. That crazy scramble and then throwing the ball away to avoid the sack was smart. We don’t have any other quarterback on the roster who could’ve escaped that situation.

As I said earlier it does seem like Zach was drafted because of his fit for this offense. He still has a lot to prove but he’s the right type of player for what LaFleur seems to want to do.