<<<<<<< Jets vs Steelers -- The Official Game Thread >>>>>>>

Maxman

3 minutes ago, RSJ said:

Zachs stats dont really tell the whole story. I have killed him but he isnt playing bad. First down inefficiency and playcalling is hurting him.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Not wrong. Zach did well in the short to intermediate passes. Stick to what he's comfortable with. Enough with the ridiculous gadget plays. It's his first game since week 18 ffs. They are calling plays like he's capable of doing it all. He's not. Simplify the offense. Lean more to his strengths. Its not that ******* hard. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, gandolfthewhite said:

No his all gas no brake moronic coaching philosophy did. I am happy to educate you on Jet nese.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

You know how many games I see this crap. It even happens on a BB coached team. The difference is how BB would deal with this; Saleh needs to bench him for part of the 3rd Q and make a statement.

This is the same stuff fans have been saying since I have been watching - and it is always the same response to blame the coach. Lawson isn't a rookie and likely made the same stupid mistakes on his previous team. They said the same thing about Gase, Bowles, Rex, Maginini and even Parcels.

2 minutes ago, tdoublee said:

He's not going thru his progressions. Hopefully that's just rust be he's leaving chunk yards and points on the field.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

I’m guessing that for the past quarter and for the rest of the game Zach‘s first read will be how many guys from the defensive line are in his face right off the snap, then he will start looking down field as he runs for his life.

No idea how well Flacco would be doing, but my guess is that if he started the game we would already have a backup quarterback in because Flacco would be in a body bag. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

2A018934-733D-4B93-844E-EC2B098DE88B.thumb.jpeg.3a180a7b2f637f23b7b2c5066df20538.jpeg

Yea. Zach played a great first half. Lmfao

I said he played good, not great. You're laughing at something that wasn't said. Good for you? I'm honestly surprised to see the stats. I thought he had played better than the stats indicate.

He made some plays that don't show up on those stats. Throwing the ball away instead of taking sacks on two plays. He also caught a TD.

Before that INT I felt pretty good about his play in the first half. The worst play he had wasn't even the INT though, it was missing Breece on a 90 yard TD by under throwing him. I had expected him to come in rusty. Hopefully we see a better 2nd half.

• WTF? 1

Just now, HighPitch said:

Stats arent everything. Context. Be smarter than that

What game are you watching? The Jets should be destroying this team. But no, they are imploding instead. You can't do this on the road. You just can't. 

You tell us why the Jets are going to win this game. Tell us, oh wise one. By doing exactly what they did in the first half? And hope the Steelers get a flag thrown at them every other play? LOL

Don't bet your paycheck, kid.

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

This is the year for production over feelings and the Zach brigade is out in full force to explain why that 1st half was actually good

We scored more points than the opposition.  He did enough good to get a lead.  

It's time for the # 2 overall pick to lead the Jets rather than him to depend on everyone else.

The D came through in the 1st half.  The weppinz looked good.  The patchwork OL, while still bad, was good enough to give the passing game the ability to make some plays.  Yet Zach left a lot of those plays on the field.  

Not good enough.

Just now, Embrace the Suck said:

Wow, were people expecting ZW to be mid-season form in his first meaningful football since last season as he starts his second season? 

He's 2 years into this. And we've told how valuable all that sitting and observing would be. If he's ever gonna be an NFL starting QB, yes, he ahs to be ebetter than this. 

FINALLY finds Garrett Wilson. 

• Upvote 1