<<<<<<< Jets vs Steelers -- The Official Game Thread >>>>>>>

Maxman

4 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

Again he brought up that "7 players are 1st and 2nd year players" in one of his pressers laying the ground for another possible excuse

I mean, he’s not wrong though.  All 4 guys in the defensive backfield haven played together.   In a league where you’re not allowed to practice all that much.  Seems the biggest problem this D has had is giving up big players with miscommunication back there.  
Not saying he doesn’t deserve scrutiny but we should also recognize realities.  

Just now, FidelioJet said:

I mean, he’s not wrong though.  All 4 guys in the defensive backfield haven played together.   In a league where you’re not allowed to practice all that much.  Seems the biggest problem this D has had is giving up big players with miscommunication back there.  
Not saying he doesn’t deserve scrutiny but we should also recognize realities.  

that's all well and good but before the season started the tone was "We have a great mix of vets, 2nd/3rd years players, and rookies"

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Bugg said:

At a loss. Then why did they pick him? It isn't that random. If you take a player that high at the QB position you need him to be a solid pro.

When you take a QB with the 2nd overall pick he'd better turn into a true top 5-10 FQB. Otherwise the pick is a complete BUST.

• Post of the Week 1

15 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Western PA is a wasteland out of a Mad Max movie, and the kid looks like he could be Oliver Twist. More, sir, please? .Looks like they live under a high helix, possibly in some discarded fridge boxes. 

Judgy much...

11 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

Mom's handwriting haha zero shot that kid made that

And not to mention, why would a young Steelers fan even write it? 

That chick is a single mom hoping a young stud QB drops in her DMs. 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

WTF Mike White healthy scratch I thought he was in HOF?

You can’t expect Zach Wilson to play a game on the road without having Mike White in street clothes. He’s only 23, for God’s sake. 

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, HighPitch said:

Im off to the bar. Wearing 19 keyshawn. I have this paranoia where if i wear a jersey, they lose so i stopped wearing them but they still lose soooooo

You could try going naked. That way, when the Jets lose anyway, at least the rest of the bar patrons lose, too, so you won't feel so alone.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Mark78 said:

These mfing coaches better step up and stop being stubborn aholes.  Play your best players and screw your schemes that do not work.  If we lose this, it is on coaches!!!

Why would they stop?

They have a bunch of slogans left to use.😄

• Sympathy 1

Saleh should have set expectations for this kids return... instead ... mr softy says something along the lines of ... I dont expect much since he just getting his feet wet ... what ????

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

59 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I haven’t looked at the numbers exactly, but based solely of memory, I’d say that about half of QBs picked in top 5 turn out to be average at best, if not much more than half.  So no, I wouldn’t say that’s the expectation.  That would be the hope.  In the past decade or so, I can name maybe 3 QBs drafted in the top 5 who are/were universally considered “good” QBs.

The track record of guys drafted in the 2-5 range is abysmal. Every 2-3 years there’s a guy who can elevate the team around him drafted #1. But I think you have to go back to Matt Ryan to find a QB drafted 2-5 who was good on his second contract, and maybe Rivers before him.

Its possible there are sample size issues, but I genuinely believe teams are better off taking a talented guy and bringing him along slowly just a tick later, once their team is a little better. Best young QB’s in the NFL right now (Mahomes, Allen) went outside the top five, other guys who very much belong in that conversation (Herbert, Jackson) did as well, and a couple (Burrow, Murray) went #1.