<<<<<<< Jets vs Steelers -- The Official Game Thread >>>>>>>

Maxman

4 minutes ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

image.png.e82c1d331fa6071dc84064002a20853a.png

You have a QB who consistently throws balls like this and these are the results you'll get.  Just hit Conklin accurately and guess what, he caught it.

The ball hit him in both hands uncontested.  He’s going up and the ball is coming down. You need the next frame.   He’s under zero defensive pressure.  Pros catch those in the NFL or they get cut.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, chirorob said:

How is it the last 3 Cowboy QBs were, undrafted, 4th round, and undrafted.   And all of them are better than what the Jets have.

Because we are horrible at developing players. Country club atmosphere doesn't help either. 

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He needed to have some understanding of how to play the QB position before his arrival.  The coaches suck but so did the selection of Wilson at # 2 overall.

I honestly think with the right mentor and a coach that actually knew how to create an offensive system that works with the pieces you got, he could've been a starv I truly believe that. 

• Upvote 1

The O line is a mess in part due to injuries so why are you calling plays that require the QB to be in the pocket?  It collapses before it even forms!  As for Zach, this is a #2 pick!  Yet, he has no vision downfield and panics that second he has to move.  What was he doing during the last six weeks?  Porking old ladies?

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Just because a pass is catchable doesn't automatically mean it was a good decision or good throw.

Even if you want to blame that 100 % on Conklin, explain to me how Wilson is having anything but a dogsh*t performance today?

These gameday posts read EXACTLY like the Sam Darnold game threads did for 3 years.

That's really a poor take... Catch the damn ball. That's all there is to it. Mechanics, the rest of the game, none of that matters. TE had a chance to make a play and didn't. The result of his miss is a giveway to the other team.

When you have multiple players not playing well, the team will lose. 

ZW is playing poorly. GW has dropped a few. Conklin has missed a few. 

Just now, Warfish said:

I’ll be honest, I’m starting to believe the “Zach doesn’t throw a catchable ball” theory. How else do you explain so many dropped passes by so many different players that don’t drop that many otherwise? That he never hits anyone squarely is part of it, usually going high almost all the time, but it’s got to be more that that.

Garrett Wilson even f**king said as much before the season started but no one listened.  They instead blamed Garrett Wilson today for Zach's struggles.  lmao.

• Upvote 1