Zach Wilson is a high school quarterback (merged)

Dcronin

3 minutes ago, maury77 said:

He absolutely did not out play Rodgers, its heard for me to take anything you say seriously at this stage if you really believe that. 

It’s not debatable.  Rodgers was straight up trash today.   

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Biggs said:

There are Two halves to a game.  

And? He hit an underthrown deep pass to Davis for 40 yards and that was pretty much it. He didn't lose the game in the second half, but Hall, the defense and the special teams won it. 

10 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

Until they put the clamps on him at half time, Z. Wilson's performance was as bad as I have seen since he came on board.  These are mistakes that keep getting repeated.  Holding on to the ball too long and throwing passes when he is not set that could be and should be intercepted.

Winning a game in that stadium was nice and the defense and special teams played great, but how can the Jets beat a complete team in a dogfight with Wilson playing that way ???

Also not looking a gift horse in the mouth, but the Packers are yet another team with major issues.  Their offensive line is not in synergy, wide receiver corps is a mash unit and Rodgers thumb on throwing hand is banged up.

Jets have some very nice pieces in place but at this juncture, I still see Wilson as a bottleneck 

I have to laugh. The Jets, who were 7.5 point underdogs beat the Packers* with Aaron Rodgers by 17 and guys are on here bitching about Zach Wilson. Only on a Jets site will you have the pleasure of seeing that. What I saw is that Jets have more than one dimension that can beat a good team -- defense, a running game, special teams -- even whent the QB is struggling and under pressure. But I knew this was going to be the take. Imagine if the Jets had lost!

*on the road in Lambeau

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 4
  • Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

Until they put the clamps on him at half time, Z. Wilson's performance was as bad as I have seen since he came on board.  These are mistakes that keep getting repeated.  Holding on to the ball too long and throwing passes when he is not set that could be and should be intercepted.

Winning a game in that stadium was nice and the defense and special teams played great, but how can the Jets beat a complete team in a dogfight with Wilson playing that way ???

Also not looking a gift horse in the mouth, but the Packers are yet another team with major issues.  Their offensive line is not in synergy, wide receiver corps is a mash unit and Rodgers thumb on throwing hand is banged up.

Jets have some very nice pieces in place but at this juncture, I still see Wilson as a bottleneck 

Yet we havent lost with him playing…..

• Sympathy 1

Just now, SuicidalSince98 said:

How many sacks did Rodgers have for holding on to the ball? I recall two turnovers that he should of had in the first half as well. 

it was a 45 degree rain storm in the first half, playing against an elite D. Rogers mustered 3 points in the conditions and he was at home… 

It’s almost like one of the QB’s is an all time great that’s earned the occasional bad game.

The game was par for the course with Zach.

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 1

No.

Packers D is good, and were charged up in the first half.

Running game got going, OL inflicted their will, Zach played the game that was in front of him, and did everything he should have done to win the game. This is progress, he has massive talent. 

You are a negative Nancy!

• Upvote 3

Well you'd be wrong.

The running game has improved because the defense has to respect Zach's arm.

It's not about stats. It's about winning.

• Upvote 2

Just now, maury77 said:

And? He hit an underthrown deep pass to Davis for 40 yards and that was pretty much it. He didn't lose the game in the second half, but Hall, the defense and the special teams won it. 

I mean the QB doesn’t always win the game.  Every weekend there are at least a few games where the QB doesn’t win the game yet fans don’t sh*t on their QB.  Yes he wasn’t good today I agree.  But he came up big in the Steeler game, and managed the game real good last week.  In the second half he made throws he needed to make to get us in better field position and then our RB’s took over.  I mean any other fan base would be pretty damn happy 

6 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

It will get there. 

At some point, maybe this year maybe next year we will have are answer. If you think you have it now, you don’t. 

Rught now he is not turning the ball over and is doing a good job not making the big mistake 

17 minutes ago, August said:

This reminds me of rookie year Sanchez. This isn’t sustainable but I’ll take the wins for now. 

Not really though, no?  Unless I'm misremembering, rookie Sanchez was: hit wide open receivers on play action, but on obvious passing plays  often make boneheaded mistakes.

Wilson has had some inaccuracies, but he hasn't really made the bonehead plays this year.  And he's made a bunch of throws that Sanchez could never dream of.

Also, Wilson has been consistently bad to start games, which is terrible, but the fact that he's played much better as the game goes along is encouraging.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

I've been pretty critical of Wilson today but he was not that bad. He was not the liability we saw last season. Yes, he made multiple bad throws. Yes, he held the ball. But the whole team has played better with Wilson at the helm. I would rather Wilson suck when the whole team is playing better and him learn enough to play well when the team is having a rough day than the other way around.

• Upvote 1

Just now, maury77 said:

That and the following play were huge game changing plays.  That’s it?  That’s how games like this are won and lost.  He doesn’t buy time no completion.  He over throws it no completion.  Nice safe throw in a game where a mistake is deadly.   Easy catch for Davis.   

Not really though, no?  Unless I'm misremembering, rookie Sanchez was: hit wide open receivers on play action, but on obvious passing plays  often make boneheaded mistakes.
Wilson has had some inaccuracies, but he hasn't really made the bonehead plays this year.  And he's made a bunch of throws that Sanchez could never dream of.
Also, Wilson has been consistently bad to start games, which is terrible, but the fact that he's played much better as the game goes along is encouraging.

Sanchez also has the best D in the NFL, established and tough o line and dynamic running game

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 2

Do you guys even play chess? Probably not because you need an IQ higher than your shoe size to play it but you take what the board gives you. That's what they did today. This might shock you but not every game in the NFL ends up like KC-BUF in the playoffs. Only 18 pass calls and still won by 17.

2 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Christ people.  Some of you are miserable.  Don’t give me the “I’m happy they won” garbage either.  He’s going toe to toe with his idol, against the brother of his OC, against a very good defense in his 3rd game of you.  He was trying to do much, but it’s not exactly a shock.  He wanted to shine.  He didn’t shine, but he didn’t t fade either and the team he lead just went into Lambeau and smacked the Packers around.

Your hand wringing about his future could at least wait national Tuesday.  Or maybe at least 6 pm.

True 

Why do you some of you guys pound your chest when Wilson doesn't play well? He had a sh*t first half like the rest of the offense but he did make some good plays in the second and again no TO's. Maybe he is just a game manager and won't reach that level of FQB that we want him too. Let's see how the rest of the year plays out. 

16 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Sadly some fans just want to be miserable 

you said it.  Jets fans get ridiculed all the time.  has bothered me all my life.  seeing these morons on here, maybe I can see why.  ridiculous.  this was a statement win for this team, this organization, and yes, this QB!  unbelievable crap in here today.

• Upvote 1