Zach Wilson is a high school quarterback (merged)

Dcronin

If this game were played last year, Zach would have had 3 or 4 picks and we would have come apart in the second half.

did what he had to do - got the ball rolling to make it 10-3. 

not sure what he’ll be yet, but he’s putting himself in position to get year 3 and I will enjoy trolling the anti-Zach crowd in the meantime, because it’s funny to me 

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, JetsYanks13 said:

If that’s the case, the how come Rodgers didn’t score 40 points?

Looking forward to the answer, lol

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

because GB does not have the Jets pass catchers or ball carriers.  Swap QB's and the Jets would have scored a bunch more points.

Not saying Wilson is ultimately a dead end, but I *am* saying that at this point he is a bottleneck in the offense.  

• WTF? 1

2 minutes ago, jamesr said:

I said a few weeks back that if we had a game where the QB is OK at best and we steamroll the opponent with a power rushing game, I'll be a happy man.

Today, I'm a happy man. :-) 

Zach made a few plays when he had to, did OK, but man that ground game was something else.

It was great and now that the Jets put that on tape teams will be trying to stop it and the passing game will need to step up.   That’s how the NFL works.  Zach will be asked to make plays to win games.   I think he will.  He’s not turning it over.  

1 minute ago, JetFreak89 said:

If Zach Wilson becomes a game manager by Week 17 his sophomore season will be considered a success. I fully expect a few above average games and a few clunkers mixed in between but he will rarely have eye popping stats while the team continues to play competitive football.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

No turn overs, should have had another rushing TD, came up big AGAIN when we needed it most, his day is coming

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

If this game were played last year, Zach would have had 3 or 4 picks and we would have come apart in the second half.

did what he had to do - got the ball rolling to make it 10-3. 

not sure what he’ll be yet, but he’s putting himself in position to get year 3 and I will enjoy trolling the anti-Zach crowd in the meantime, because it’s funny to me 

Still has some questionable throws but definitely better than last year.  He was pressing too much in the first half but at some point realized he didn’t need to win the game by himself.

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

It might be for the best, tbh.  Criticism is fine, I’m not saying we should censor anything…but our New York Jets are 4-2, 3-0 since Wilson came back, and we should all just take some time to enjoy the biggest win this franchise has had in over a decade.

Agreed.  The funny thing is that we’re all in agreement that Zach had a rough day but it happens to every QB.  It’s not like he three 3 picks, fumbled twice etc.  He made some throws we needed in the second half and our run game took over and we didn’t need to throw the ball.  Sometimes you have to tip your cap to the opposing defense who clamped down on our receivers 

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, thshadow said:

Not really though, no?  Unless I'm misremembering, rookie Sanchez was: hit wide open receivers on play action, but on obvious passing plays  often make boneheaded mistakes.

Wilson has had some inaccuracies, but he hasn't really made the bonehead plays this year.  And he's made a bunch of throws that Sanchez could never dream of.

Also, Wilson has been consistently bad to start games, which is terrible, but the fact that he's played much better as the game goes along is encouraging.

They both leaned heavily on the run game, both has/had a good o line, good defense, both weren’t good from the pocket so the play calling relied on a lot of trick plays, roll outs, bootlegs and designed runs etc. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

because GB does not have the Jets pass catchers or ball carriers.  Swap QB's and the Jets would have scored a bunch more points.

Not saying Wilson is ultimately a dead end, but I *am* saying that at this point he is a bottleneck in the offense.  

And again you are comparing a future HOF QB to a guy who has played 16 games in the league. 

• Post of the Week 1