Jump to content

Zach Wilson is a high school quarterback (merged)


Dcronin
 Share

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, Coquito said:

Are they the same cockroaches that wanted to Jets to lose games to draft Trevor Lawrence? I'm gonna laugh like hell when the Steelers pick right before the Jets in the 2023 draft and get the next Lawrence Taylor.

Lawrence Taylor was the second overall pick so I don’t think this is the dunk on me that you think this is

  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Oh, it’ll be interesting for sure. 

Mmmk 

enioy whatever it is you are doing, friend 

what did you have them going this year, 4-13? You don’t think there is a chance you are wrong and underestimating them a little?

  • Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, dbatesman said:

I love you, Tom, but I feel honor-bound to point out that this kind of game—messy, ugly, full of bad misses and worse turnovers, but ending with a pair of clutch drives to deliver a win—is exactly the kind of game that had you swearing up and down that Mark Sanchez would have been a two-time Super Bowl MVP if Derrick Mason hadn’t called him a queer in the huddle one time.

The hell you say. Sanchez took shots downfield and was a 91 QB in the playoffs. Zach Wilson’s passing chart is going to be one overlapping dot seven yards in front of the A gap where he completed 50% of his passes when he wasn’t running backwards. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Always love when the Tone Police shows up after a rare win. 

I’m not complaining about tone.  The content showed pure give up.  90 percent of NFL games are 3 point games settled in the last two minutes.   

I enjoy you schtick, snark and POV.   I never took you for a little b!tch fan who bails on his team when the game is still winnable.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

I love you, Tom, but I feel honor-bound to point out that this kind of game—messy, ugly, full of bad misses and worse turnovers, but ending with a pair of clutch drives to deliver a win—is exactly the kind of game that had you swearing up and down that Mark Sanchez would have been a two-time Super Bowl MVP if Derrick Mason hadn’t called him a bitch in the huddle one time.

This made me giggle

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Biggs said:

I’m not complaining about tone.  The content showed pure give up.  90 percent of NFL games are 3 point games settled in the last two minutes.   

I enjoy you schtick, snark and POV.   I never took you for a little b!tch fan who bails on his team when the game is still winnable.

Pickett threw a jump ball that got picked off on sideline. Up until that point, everyone was a “little bitch.” Congrats for being among the deeply silent tough-guy community that just knew in their very alpha-bro hearts that the Jets had a chance. We’re all fans. Don’t parachute in after an improbable win and criticize people who were reacting to the game in real time while you were hiding under the couch cushion for 55 minutes of game time. Some might consider that little-bitch behavior. 

  • Post of the Week 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The hell you say. Sanchez took shots downfield and was a 91 QB in the playoffs. Zach Wilson’s passing chart is going to be one overlapping dot seven yards in front of the A gap where he completed 50% of his passes when he wasn’t running backwards. 

Sanchez had a much better team around him. Something you obviously fail to remember. 

  • Sympathy 2
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, jetstream23 said:

I don’t want to say that it’s a lot of people, but there’s definitely a handful who are 100% all-in on the idea that Zach is a bust and Saleh won’t be anything but a failure. Their minds are closed on this. I honestly don’t get it.

Zach Wilson needs to play a couple more games to have completed one full season of NFL football. Saleh seems to have these guys believing in themselves. Still lots of question marks and these guys have a lot to prove but a day like today doesn’t seem to be the time to be pushing the SOJ narrative.

At 2–2 with a team built around rookies and second year players, and after beating Pittsburgh and Mike Tomlin on the road, it seems like a strange time to be calling for a rebuild that starts with the head coach and quarterback.

My whole thing is, if ZW and Saleh end up being busts - there will be plenty of time to sh*t on these guys. I don’t get the rush to hate these guys. Plenty of time for that. Give them a chance to overcome some adversity and accomplish something before throwing in the towel 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The hell you say. Sanchez took shots downfield and was a 91 QB in the playoffs. Zach Wilson’s passing chart is going to be one overlapping dot seven yards in front of the A gap where he completed 50% of his passes when he wasn’t running backwards. 

Sanchez had sooooo many games where he was just friggin dreadful.  With an infinitely more talented team.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I don’t want to say that it’s a lot of people, but there’s definitely a handful who are 100% all-in on the idea that Zach is a bust and Saleh won’t be anything but a failure. Their minds are closed on this. I honestly don’t get it.

 

They basically did the same stupid sh*t today that they did against Cincy. So when they play bad football and win we all have to get a lecture for being bad fans? I'm gonna take a wild guess all the posters doing that sh*t right now were all born after 1980. 

  • Upvote 1
  • WTF? 3
  • Sympathy 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, slimjasi said:

My whole thing is, if ZW and Saleh end up being busts - there will be plenty of time to sh*t on these guys. I don’t get the rush to hate these guys. Plenty of time for that. Give them a chance to overcome some adversity and accomplish something before throwing in the towel 

Like them or not, the Jets are stuck with them this year and probably next year as well. Might as well root for them.

  • Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Pickett threw a jump ball that got picked off on sideline. Up until that point, everyone was a “little bitch.” Congrats for being among the deeply silent tough-guy community that just knew in their very alpha-bro hearts that the Jets had a chance. We’re all fans. Don’t parachute in after an improbable win and criticize people who were reacting to the game in real time while you were hiding under the couch cushion for 55 minutes of game time. Some might consider that little-bitch behavior. 

I was in the thread the entire game.  Lots to be frustrated with.  If you gave up at any point in that game you’re a little b!tch.  If we actually ever get good we’re going to have a lot of games like today.   
 

I’m not saying you don’t have to be a little b!tch.  Feel free.   I’m happy to stay out of the game threads if it’s full of little b!tches.  

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Biggs said:

I was in the thread the entire game.  Lots to be frustrated with.  If you gave up at any point in that game you’re a little b!tch.  If we actually ever get good we’re going to have a lot of games like today.   
 

I’m not saying you don’t have to be a little b!tch.  Feel free.   I’m happy to stay out of the game threads if it’s full of little b!tches.  

Just to be clear then, people in the game thread are little bitches because the Jets pulled it out? If the Jets lose, those people are suddenly not little bitches? Or do you simply feel emboldened to call Jets fans “little bitches” because the Jets pulled it out? 

  • Sympathy 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Coquito said:

They basically did the same stupid sh*t today that they did against Cincy. So when they play bad football and win we all have to get a lecture for being bad fans? I'm gonna take a wild guess all the posters doing that sh*t right now were all born after 1980. 

I don’t know if they were born after 1980 or not, I just find it strange that fans are miserable when the Jets look like sh*t and lose, and they’re also miserable when they play better but make a few mistakes and still win.

There is absolutely no way that previous Jets teams overcome a bad, injured offensive line, some bad drops, a bad INT, a couple bad penalties and still win a game on the road. No way.

They need to clean up those things for sure. But the fact that they are winning a game like this tells me this is a much better team than we’ve had recently. The Jets showed that they could come out and take a double digit lead, that they couldn’t hold the lead, and then they could come from behind to win. They made not one, but both Pittsburgh quarterbacks look like crap.

Zach Wilson found Elijah Moore early, taking Moore to his most yards receiving in a game this year. Pittsburgh then took him away in the second half, Garrett Wilson dropped two passes, then Zach started going to Corey Davis who stepped up. All this was happening while the Jets couldn’t get any type of rushing attack going behind the decimated offensive line.

I thought it was a resilient win today.

  • Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Dcronin said:

Granted he is playing behind easily one of the worst OLs in NFL history, but he should be done after this year. He's a street ball gambler, nothing more.

He is not an NFL QB and Jets should use #1 pick on a QB next year.

 

Animated GIF

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I don’t know if they were born after 1980 or not, I just find it strange that fans are miserable when the Jets look like sh*t and lose, and they’re also miserable when they play better but make a few mistakes and still win.

 

I don't think anybody was miserable that the Jets won. I didn't notice that at all. What I did see is about a dozen or so posters show up after the game to lecture "Zach haters". 

Nobody was here at the half comparing Zach Wilson to Dan Marino.

Weird, huh?

  • Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Coquito said:

I don't think anybody was miserable that the Jets won. I didn't notice that at all. What I did see is about a dozen or so posters show up after the game to lecture "Zach haters". 

Nobody was here at the half comparing Zach Wilson to Dan Marino.

Weird, huh?

I feel like I’m one of the few guys who is perfectly fine saying that I don’t know if Zach Wilson is good or not yet. So many people here have high conviction already that he is either a savior or a bust.  i’ve seen lots of good and lots of bad from him over the 15 or so games he has played as a professional. With less than a full season of NFL football I’m not sure how anybody could have an answer about this kid given the things we have seen. if anything, he seems like he’ll be a Brett Favre type, lots of amazing plays where you simply say wow, and some really boneheaded plays. 

  • Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, T0mShane said:

Just to be clear then, people in the game thread are little bitches because the Jets pulled it out? If the Jets lose, those people are suddenly not little bitches? Or do you simply feel emboldened to call Jets fans “little bitches” because the Jets pulled it out? 

Emboldened? You know full well I don’t need to be emboldened to put out my POV on this board.     There was no point in that game when the Jets weren’t in position to have a reasonable shot to win. 

The attacks on Zach and the feeling that guys had given up or were actually rooting for failure was palpable during the game thread. 

My opinion is my opinion.  I don’t deal in facts it was a gut feeling during the game and I put it out there.  

I’m only a homer during games.  I have a lot of respect for different POVs.  During the games I don’t enjoy the negativity.  Any other time I’m fine with it. 

i get you don’t respect my opinion.  I’m not the tone police or emboldened.   I’m good not participating in game threads if they continue to be insufferable for me.

 

  • Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 3
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I feel like I’m one of the few guys who is perfectly fine saying that I don’t know if Zach Wilson is good or not yet. So many people here have high conviction already that he is either a savior or a bust.  i’ve seen lots of good and lots of bad from him over the 15 or so games he has played as a professional. With less than a full season of NFL football I’m not sure how anybody could have an answer about this kid given the things we have seen. if anything, he seems like he’ll be a Brett Favre type, lots of amazing plays where you simply say wow, and some really boneheaded plays. 

I dunno why that's a comfortable place to be though.  When you aren't sure if you have a FQB or not in year 2, chances are great that you don't.  

It'd sure be nice for Wilson to ball out against Miami to actually move the needle in that direction.  

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...