Zach Wilson is a high school quarterback (merged)

Dcronin

18 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

you're so crankypants after a Jet win

There may yet come a day when the Zach hater can be silenced. A day may come when the courage of those brave, objective Jets fans fails, when we forsake our fellow haters and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of better than 50% completions and a pedestrian passer rating of 59, when the Age of the Hater comes crashing down, but it is not this day. This day, we clap back at any and all disrespect. 

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

There may yet come a day when the Zach hater can be silenced. A day may come when the courage of those brave, objective Jets fans fails, when we forsake our fellow haters and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of better than 50% completions and a pedestrian passer rating of 59, when the Age of the Hater comes crashing down, but it is not this day. This day, we clap back at any and all disrespect. 

That's just like, your opinion, man

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Reasonable Jets Fan said:

This site is getting hard to read... Everything is negative.

Positive thoughts are completely bashed on every thread. Derailed and ruined. 

30 new threads most of which are trolling jackasses. 

There was once a nice tone to this site... Talking about improvements on certain plays or certain players but not the extremism that is going on now... 

Now it's all you are worth me or against me... No in between... ZW is Dan Marino Or a high school qb... That's it... And don't give me this bullsh*t hiding your half assed optimism while bashing everything he does.. This is not a neutral take... It's a a$$hole pointing out every flaw... 

It's really tough to be here win or lose... 

It's actually really sad.. 

Yeah, things are really starting to crystallize here.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I dunno why that's a comfortable place to be though.  When you aren't sure if you have a FQB or not in year 2, chances are great that you don't.  

It'd sure be nice for Wilson to ball out against Miami to actually move the needle in that direction.  

If you said at the end of this year, I might agree with you.   But this kid didn’t play the whole schedule last year, and this is his first game of this year ( and he was instrumental in the come back win).  Last year he had no weapons or line.  Today the O line was playing backups out of position .   When we get our line stabilized, I think we might like what we have.  

So why this absurd rush to judgement?  Didn’t we learn anything today?

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

If you said at the end of this year, I might agree with you.   But this kid didn’t play the whole schedule last year, and this is his first game of this year ( and he was instrumental in the come back win).  Last year he had no weapons or line.  Today the O line was playing backups out of position .   When we get our line stabilized, I think we might like what we have.  

So why this absurd rush to judgement?  Didn’t we learn anything today?

He's missed 3 games each of his first 2 seasons.  This alone is a reason for concern.  You can't trust a QB who misses that kind of time every season.  The only injury prone QB's I can think of that ended up FQBs were Roethlisberger, Donovan McNabb and Steve McNair.  So I'm not going to entertain that excuse.  If you get to say he's rusty, I get to say he's brittle.

I really don't think we learned much at all today and that's the problem:  We've seen that story here before with past young QBs.  

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Biggs said:

I hate saying this.  I’m very into games.  The game thread in a game we were in and actually won was insufferable.   Zach was tough as nails and made some beautiful throws under pressure.  

The hate for him during the game was disgraceful.  The kid balled.  He was tough under pressure and he was ice in crunch time.   Not to mention he took a lot of shots.  We might have a real good one finally.   TBD…

if you want to be critical have at it.   During the game act like you’re a fan.   NFL games are close.  Sh!t happens.  We were never out of this game.  Get used to it.  This give up mentality in game sucks balls.  That is all. 

Yep, you could sense the disappointment growing when it became obvious he might win the game for us 

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He's missed 3 games each of his first 2 seasons.  This alone is a reason for concern.  You can't trust a QB who misses that kind of time every season.  The only injury prone QB's I can think of that ended up FQBs were Roethlisberger, Donovan McNabb and Steve McNair.  So I'm not going to entertain that excuse.  If you get to say he's rusty, I get to say he's brittle.

I really don't think we learned much at all today and that's the problem:  We've seen that story here before with past young QBs.  

I didn’t say he was rusty.   I said you were handicapping his NFL career with too few data points.

So now you're contending he won’t make it, not because he isn’t talented, but because he is brittle.    On a day that he ran for his life, and won the game.   Some people see the glass as half empty, and some people are happiest when they are miserable.  

2 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

I didn’t say he was rusty.   I said you were handicapping his NFL career with too few data points.

So now you're contending he won’t make it, not because he isn’t talented, but because he is brittle.    On a day that he ran for his life, and won the game.   Some people see the glass as half empty, and some people are happiest when they are miserable.  

So true. As an aside, Zach’s cumulative career passing stats actually got worse today. Lowered his completion percentage, added to the turnover total. 

• Haha 2

55 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

We won the game after he led us to 2 fourth quarter Touchdowns.   When was the last time our “ franchise QB” did that?    But talk stats, because your narrative is getting weaker by the day.  

I wonder if they are complaining about Josh Allen’s game stats tonight up in Buffalo, because winning doesn’t matter, right!    But Brady threw for 385 yds so I’m sure that Tampa fans are ecstatic.

If Pickett doesn’t throw the second INT, the story of this game is that Zach Wilson was awful again. But, as with Flacco in the Browns game, all the stats count. I’m sure all of the guys who wanted to say that Flacco only won that game because Nick Chubb didn’t go down will likewise take into account that Pickett throwing up a jump ball late in the fourth quarter with a lead and in field goal range and acknowledge the parallels. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

If Pickett doesn’t throw the second INT, the story of this game is that Zach Wilson was awful again. But, as with Flacco in the Browns game, all the stats count. I’m sure all of the guys who wanted to say that Flacco only won that game because Nick Chubb didn’t go down will likewise take into account that Pickett throwing up a jump ball late in the fourth quarter with a lead and in field goal range will acknowledge the parallels. 

L O L

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

He was 13 for 31 for 195 yards with one TD and 2 INTs at that point. 3:34 left in the fourth quarter. 

He played very well in the 4th quarter and led the comeback.  And I don't think the Flacco game is in any way comparable.  This was a much better win.

• Upvote 3

Just now, TuscanyTile2 said:

He played very well in the 4th quarter and led the comeback.  And I don't think the Flacco game is in any way comparable.  This was a much better win.

This win was better from a defensive perspective. Four picks and tons of pressure. 

33 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Because over half the people here are not Jets fans who want the team to win.  They are fans of themselves and want to come here and brag about how they knew who was good and who wasn't. They are all wannabe scouts living in their parents basements trying to make themselves feel good about by "analyzing" the Jets players. Today was the best football Sunday for the Jets in about 5 years, but few here are happy because they were not proven right about their "opinions" today.  

The Mike White 400+ yard game against the eventual AFC champs was the best Jets football moment of the last 5 years, sir.  

46 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The Mike White 400+ yard game against the eventual AFC champs was the best Jets football moment of the last 5 years, sir.  

I disagree.  That was a fleeting moment that led nowhere.   This is the Franchise QB taking charge and it gives us hope for something sustainable .

• Upvote 1

Zach "Mother F-in" Wilson.

Say it  again - Zach "Mother F-in" Wilson.

He earned that name in the 4th Q for at least a week!

Enjoy the win.  We haven't gotten many in recent years.

His stats look terrible but he delivered when it mattered - and kept the spark of hope alive that he can potentially fulfill his promise. 

On to Miami!

(The FQB discussion is fun and all... but winning is more fun.  All sides of the Zach debate (and the JD, Coaching Staff debate)  - please enjoy and live in the moment for at least a week!)

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Reasonable Jets Fan said:

There was once a nice tone to this site... Talking about improvements on certain plays or certain players but not the extremism that is going on now... 

Now it's all you are worth me or against me... No in between... ZW is Dan Marino Or a high school qb... That's it... And don't give me this bullsh*t hiding your half assed optimism while bashing everything he does.. This is not a neutral take... It's a a$$hole pointing out every flaw... 

unfortunately I think it’s mirrored in wider society, maybe it’s purely the social media interaction and echo chamber but increasingly it feels people have lost the ability to listen, learn, debate, understand…tolerate

There’s still a lot of very good people here with very knowledgable input….you just have to know who to ignore

• Post of the Week 2

14 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

Zach Wilson really redeemed himself in the 4th quarter ...He stood tough in the pocket and got it done now he just needs to do that for an entire game or to start off a game.

Agreed.

The Jets, in general, need to start games better. Their ore-scripted stuff (that all teams have) seems to put them in a multi-score hike every week. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Agreed

High school post

5 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

While I agree there are some, this place is mostly full of negative people.  It’s just easier to be negative.  Easier to find reasons to complain. 

Just look at this place.  We had our second year QB in his first ga,e back from injury - play well (with a rough 10 minutes) the.  Array the team on a final TD drive to win the game.  And this board is mostly about how he sucks.  
It’s very sad.  

T0mshane is most of this board now? 

9 hours ago, Reasonable Jets Fan said:

Agree 100%.  Look we all know how bad this team has been for a long time so of course fans are hesitant to buy in again with the fear of being let down I get that.  However it’s gotten to the point that some refuse to be happy even for a day or two after a big win. If you have zero hope for the team or can’t shown an ounce of happiness over a win then I don’t what you say 

• Upvote 3