Zach Wilson is a high school quarterback (merged)

Dcronin

13 minutes ago, GandWFan said:

Only stat that counts: 2-2.  Zach 1-0.  Eat crow.

It is not time to eat crow. It’s not even time to transfer the crow from the freezer to the refrigerator. That crow shall remain under ice until, MAYBE, next week, bud

• Haha 2

We should all avoid cracking on the Jets, Wilson, Saleh and the rest of them until after a game is over.  Particularly with this team that does not give up.   I was an offender on this as well. 

Zach was awful for three quarters.   He turned it around and won the game.   Let’s see his body of work at the bye week 

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

It is not time to eat crow. It’s not even time to transfer the crow from the freezer to the refrigerator. That crow shall remain under ice until, MAYBE, next week, bud

10/12 128 yards - in the 4th quarter - with a comeback win..

Just going to keep posting this....

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

35 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I pretty much knew this would be the strategy. Pessimists are always right... eventually. Sad way to live. Sad purpose for posting on a fan website.

• Upvote 4

On 10/3/2022 at 7:28 AM, Jets723 said:

Agree 100%.  Look we all know how bad this team has been for a long time so of course fans are hesitant to buy in again with the fear of being let down I get that.  However it’s gotten to the point that some refuse to be happy even for a day or two after a big win. If you have zero hope for the team or can’t shown an ounce of happiness over a win then I don’t what you say 

Were fans.  I hate the NY Jets as an entitiy that has broken my heart and my soul for decades.  On game day since 1965 I'm fully bought in on rooting for a win.   You can not be a fan and be afraid of being let down.  You can be bitter, angry and pissed off.  Fear of a loss isn't an option. 

Being a fan of a team generally isn't a happy experience.  The season brings heartbreak and rarely brings championships even to well run teams. Games are often close and your kishkkes are going to be churning to get through some games.   Momentum is lost and found again.  It's a roller coster.   At the end of a close game with a lot of back and forth you should be taking heart burn meds win or lose. Than there is the playoffs.  As I age my long term memory is getting better.  I don't remember my name but I remember every down to the wire playoff win and loss.  Every Game win or loss takes a toll on your soul.  

Victory is sweet but it's fleeting.  Just take a look at Belichick on the sidlines last night.  You think winning a SB a few years ago takes away the sting.  You think Pats fans today are happy about being in last place in the AFC East?  Sure they will make fun of us but before they know it they are us...

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

While I agree there are some, this place is mostly full of negative people.  It’s just easier to be negative.  Easier to find reasons to complain. 

Just look at this place.  We had our second year QB in his first game back from injury - play well (with a rough 10 minutes) then carray the team on a final TD drive to win the game.  And this board is mostly about how he sucks.  
It’s very sad.  

You are captain of #teamWilson so I must salute you and tell you I’m about to jump onboard 😂🤣

• Haha 1

Guys, the ignore feature is the best tool to combat the disease.  I have about 20 miserable, negative posters on ignore and it makes the board so much better.  I was close to leaving this board but the ignore button changed that for me.  It is wonderful.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

You are captain of #teamWilson so I must salute you and tell you I’m about to jump onboard 😂🤣

He still has a lot of work to do, he can't fall apart for 10 minutes like he did yesterday..But I loved the way he regrouped in the 4th quarter. (10/12 128 yards)

• Sympathy 1

17 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

I pretty much knew this would be the strategy. Pessimists are always right... eventually. Sad way to live. Sad purpose for posting on a fan website.

Seems this is not a "fan" website, unfortunately.  Fan actually is short for fanatic.  The only thing many of these "fans" are fanatical about are their many mental gymnastics to turn every positive into something to bitch about.  JWN is right.  It is a mental disease.

Win a game in the 4th qtr with stellar QB play?  Nope, not good enough.  Let's bitch about the 3 qtrs stats.

Beat the Steelers in Pittsburgh for only the second time in club history?  Nope, not good enough.  Zach, who was running for his life all game behind a decimated OL, threw an int at the end of the half.

You guys are pathetic.  Really.

• Post of the Week 2

9 minutes ago, GandWFan said:

Seems this is not a "fan" website, unfortunately.  Fan actually is short for fanatic.  The only thing many of these "fans" are fanatical about are their many mental gymnastics to turn every positive into something to bitch about.  JWN is right.  It is a mental disease.

Win a game in the 4th qtr with stellar QB play?  Nope, not good enough.  Let's bitch about the 3 qtrs stats.

Beat the Steelers in Pittsburgh for only the second time in club history?  Nope, not good enough.  Zach, who was running for his life all game behind a decimated OL, threw an int at the end of the half.

You guys are pathetic.  Really.

Anyone I have deemed "diseased", I put them on ignore,  They bring absolutley nothing to the table and area absolute poison to the board.  Now I can focus on having great conversations with the real fans on this board.  Its awesome.

I recommend every start putting these type pf people on ignore.  It will change your board experience.

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, Claymation said:

When it comes to overall arm talent Zach Wilson shines so much brighter than his 2021 QB brethren. 

Some of the throws this kid made with pressure directly in his face left me legitimately speechless, he also took 1 sack in a game where Flacco or White likely take 6+ sacks

Very impressed with Zach this game 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, oatmeal said:

When it comes to overall arm talent Zach Wilson shines so much brighter than his 2021 QB brethren. 

Some of the throws this kid made with pressure directly in his face left me legitimately speechless, he also took 1 sack in a game where Flacco or White likely take 6+ sacks

Very impressed with Zach this game 

There were glimmers. And at times there were moments of “why did he miss that”. Almost as if this was his first action in 6 to 7 weeks against a live defense.

People are going to hold onto what they want to hold on to. But it can’t be denied that there were some good throws in some tight windows at some big moments. Hopefully more of that to come. 

The best thing to come out of yesterday in my mind, is that knee appears to be sound and he is not babying it. He was fairly acrobatic out there, and needed to be at times.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, thebuzzardman said:

Jets need to hypnotize Zach into thinking every quarter is the 4th quarter. 

Rather be working form that standpoint that a first quarter HOFer. One has to also understand, that was his first real action in some time.  

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, thebuzzardman said:

Jets need to hypnotize Zach into thinking every quarter is the 4th quarter. 

There is a belief when looking at a game, the 1st quarter is about preparation, 2nd and 3rd quarter is about coaching and the 4th quarter is about talent on the team.

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Today is your day, Captain. I fully expect you to bring the hammer for the next six days.

Seriously, he has a lot of work to do.  And made a number of mistakes he needs to clean up.  

He really did have a great 4th quarter...

But what impressed me most about the performance yesterday was - after the wheels started coming off - he didn't fold, he didn't panic, he didn't start dirting balls.  

He did fall apart for some time there, no question about it...last year the game would have snowballed out of control for him...

Yesterday it didn't - he re-grouped.  I loved seeing that and it's a very good sign.

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Seriously, he has a lot of work to do.  And made a number of mistakes he needs to clean up.  

He really did have a great 4th quarter...

But what impressed me most about the performance yesterday was - after the wheels started coming off - he didn't fold, he didn't panic, he didn't start dirting balls.  

He did fall apart for some time there, no question about it...last year the game would have snowballed out of control for him...

Yesterday it didn't - he re-grouped.  I loved seeing that and it's a very good sign.

I think this is a reasonable take and I hardly ever agree with you about Wilson. There is no need to knock how he played in the 4th quarter and I hope it continues. My only qualm is with the people that are calling him the next Dan Marino, a star in the making, etc. after yesterday's game. 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

The best thing to come out of yesterday in my mind, is that knee appears to be sound and he is not babying it. He was fairly acrobatic out there, and needed to be at times.

Agreed.  There was one play, I tihnk it was the one sack, where he was hit and the knee was bent awkwardly as he went down.  But he popped back up, no limp or any other signs of discomfort.  Aside from that, this game had something for everyone no matter which side of the Zach debate you are on.

His last two drives were probably the best two back to back drives he has put together as a pro.  But before that, he was a big reason we found ourselves behind.  Which is what I said a lot about Mark Sanchez in 2009 & 10.  He often was able to elevate his play in late, game on the line situations.  Zach did that yesterday. and that is encouraging.

I may lie more on the doubter side of the debate, but I am happy with what he did in the final quarter.  Happy with the win and the 2-2 record.  And hoping he and the team build on the strong 4th quarter.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, maury77 said:

I think this is a reasonable take and I hardly ever agree with you about Wilson. There is no need to knock how he played in the 4th quarter and I hope it continues. My only qualm is with the people that are calling him the next Dan Marino, a star in the making, etc. after yesterday's game. 

It is also as if QB is one position that can only be accurately critiqued given large sample sizes. 

But that takes the fun out of it.  

52 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Is this not a day all Jets fans can feel some good?

Of course, but Fidelio has taken the slings and arrows all summer and never blinked. He’s earned the love this week. 

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, Hex said:

Josh Rosen also had off-field problems. His whole team hated him on top of him sucking, and he was a big jerk.

@Jetsfan80

I pride myself on being ahead of the curve on the fact that Josh Rosen was a giant d-bag and s*** QB.

For what  its worth  I dont think Zach is Josh....   better QB but be careful with him around your mom. 

Call that a rich mans Rosen if you want 😜

( clown brigade "rich man's Rosen" is a joke and I'm happy with Zachs game yesterday.)

• slats changed the title to Zach Wilson is a high school quarterback (merged)
  • The Crusher locked this topic