Zach Wilson is a high school quarterback (merged)

Dcronin

52 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

But what impressed me most about the performance yesterday was - after the wheels started coming off - he didn't fold, he didn't panic, he didn't start dirting balls.  

I will say that this has been the thing that’s surprised me most about Wilson—he’s a lot tougher and more resilient than you’d think. I think there are a million red flags with him, but his grit has been impressive

• Upvote 4

44 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

There was a check down to Carter on the last drive where he went through all of his progressions that was really good. If he can get that down then we may have something.

Yes, I noticed that too.  He was looking to his right, then looked middle, then looked left and threw the screen to carter.  

Went through his progression fast and did not force anything if it wasnt there.  Big time growth.

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Averagejetsfan1421 said:

I’ll be the first to admit I was dead wrong, some of his passes I seen threw in the white flag then he show cases his talent in the last 2 drives and wins us the game! Would like to see some consistency now! 

Compare week 1 this year to week one last year, and there is a quantum leap in composure, recognition and not having the moment be too big.

Work to be done, yes, but you like to see the big moments at the end of a game.  We have had first quarter QBs seemingly forever. Not many 4th quarter QBs. Let’s hope he is one. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I will say that this has been the thing that’s surprised me most about Wilson—he’s a lot tougher and more resilient than you’d think. I think there are a million red flags with him, but his grit has been impressive

Tom you're trying oh so hard , keep on trolling. I'm sure Max appreciates the added clicks you bring to the site. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

One step at a time, we'll get you there.

1 hour ago, maury77 said:

I think this is a reasonable take and I hardly ever agree with you about Wilson. There is no need to knock how he played in the 4th quarter and I hope it continues. My only qualm is with the people that are calling him the next Dan Marino, a star in the making, etc. after yesterday's game. 

Get over it.  Optimism is warranted.

19 minutes ago, slats said:

This is a fun thread. @T0mShane’s flailing, @Jetsfan80’s weaksauce side snark, and @jgb’s complete absence pretty much tell me all I need to know about the we're just predicting Zach’ll suck, but really, deeply hope he succeeds crowd. 

I want you to know that these missives sting worse now that you’re sending them from a tropical paradise. 

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I want you to know that these missives sting worse now that you’re sending them from a tropical paradise. 

Lol, there’s no DST in Quintana Roo, so the games start at noon for me until the clocks fall back in the states. I got to enjoy Zach’s comeback and was then on the beach drinking a Modelo Negra listening to live reggae by 3:30. 

• Sympathy 1

8 hours ago, Bowles Movement said:

I disagree.  That was a fleeting moment that led nowhere.   This is the Franchise QB taking charge and it gives us hope for something sustainable .

Let’s hope Zach’s 4th Quarter performance wasn’t equally fleeting going forward, or else he has about as much of a chance as being a FQB as White.  

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

2 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Anyone I have deemed "diseased", I put them on ignore,  They bring absolutley nothing to the table and area absolute poison to the board.  Now I can focus on having great conversations with the real fans on this board.  Its awesome.

I recommend every start putting these type pf people on ignore.  It will change your board experience.

China tried to quarantie the disease.  Their collective dicks fell off. 

This is typical SOJF BS - He had a successful college QB career; we all know that. Does it translate to NFL - there is no guarantee, but to call him a HS QB just emphasizes the point that not only are fans reactionary and filled with hyperbe, but they are way too quick to dismiss a player who hasn't played a real game in 9 months playing behind a patchwork OL.

Our OL is bad, but I wouldn't call them HS or even College level - they are just bad at the NFL level.

2 hours ago, Claymation said:

LOL --- "The O line was like the Oregon Trail all over again, dysentery, broken everything, guys getting carted off, people laying down all over the field." The Jets O line should call itself The Oregon Trial because it takes a lot of heart, hard work and luck to survive the winter while playing on the Jets O line.

2 hours ago, slats said:

Lol, there’s no DST in Quintana Roo, so the games start at noon for me until the clocks fall back in the states. I got to enjoy Zach’s comeback and was then on the beach drinking a Modelo Negra listening to live reggae by 3:30. 

Haha yeah I had a similar deal. Tried a new Irish pub in central Connecticut where it was 54 degrees and raining. They didn’t carry Miller Lite, so I ended up drinking a bunch of Sam Adams Oktoberfest, which tastes like if you mixed fermented pumpkin juice with equal parts gasoline and corn syrup. Place was apparently a Yankee/Steelers bar, so there was a lot of DeGrom sucks/Scherzer sucks/Judge is great/the Jets suck talk around me that I had to absorb, all the while getting hardcore trolled on Jet Nation dot com during the brief flash of competence from Zach Wilson, whom I have intermittently slandered in the past. Didn’t get any reggae, though. Got a twelve piece Gaelic folk cover band toward the end, though. Good stuff. My tab was $108, but I’m pretty sure I got hit with a 40% upcharge because Kenny Pickett threw a jump ball to his TE against Sauce Gardner, whom I didn’t want us to draft for that very reason. All told, our days were pretty much the same hahaha

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

that throw to Corey Davis was really impressive.  talk about a tight window...

Zach was impressive in the 4th in spite of his OC.

And the difference between him and Joe is that Zach took would be sacks and turned them into incompletions. Joe is just eating the ball most of the game.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, slats said:

This is a fun thread. @T0mShane’s flailing, @Jetsfan80’s weaksauce side snark, and @jgb’s complete absence pretty much tell me all I need to know about the we're just predicting Zach’ll suck, but really, deeply hope he succeeds crowd. 

I've been posting in the game thread. Already said I was pleased and pleasantly surprised with BYU's delivery of a game winning drive. I didn't post in this thread because the premise is dumb. But thanks for making it about me, for some reason. If you can insert me -- who doesn't play for the Jets -- into any thread, I don't want to hear any whining about those who introduce the QB in any thread of their choosing.

17 minutes ago, jgb said:

I've been posting in the game thread. Already said I was pleased and pleasantly surprised with BYU's delivery of a game winning drive. I didn't post in this thread because the premise is dumb. But thanks for making it about me, for some reason. If you can insert me -- who doesn't play for the Jets -- into any thread, I don't want to hear any whining about those who introduce the QB in any thread of their choosing.

Trubisky looked pretty good, too.