Zach Wilson is a high school quarterback (merged)

Dcronin

1 hour ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Nope.  That win lifted the Jets to 2-5 in a season that was clearly already over.  It was leading nowhere. 

Plus the Bengals clearly didn’t show up for that game.  They looked drunk and sluggish which they were and probably thought they would still win playing the Jets 

2 hours ago, Jets723 said:

Plus the Bengals clearly didn’t show up for that game.  They looked drunk and sluggish which they were and probably thought they would still win playing the Jets 

You can explain away a lot of things depending on the conclusion you wish to lead to. 

One could say if Pickett wasn't horrendous, the Steelers would've been up 3 scores and not given the Jets a chance to claw back in.

But that's a carousel that just goes round and round and never steps.

Wins are earned in the NFL. To say Mike White earned his win doesn't take away from anyone else. It doesn't have to be a zero sum debate. 

• WTF? 1

10 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I will say that this has been the thing that’s surprised me most about Wilson—he’s a lot tougher and more resilient than you’d think. I think there are a million red flags with him, but his grit has been impressive

Oh sh*t.

The door just cracked open... 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Oh sh*t.

The door just cracked open... 

Free-thinking people change their opinions as they acquire more data.

It was a good 2 drives. Who can deny that? However, now it's time to see continued progress and not a Geno-esque 1 step forward, 2 steps back.

• Upvote 1

Just now, jgb said:

Free-thinking people change their opinions as they acquire more data.

It was a good 2 drives. Who can deny that? However, now it's time to see continued progress and not a Geno-esque 1 step forward, 2 steps back.

Agreed. 

The fourth quarter was just as exciting as the second and third was depressing and infuriating.  Here's to hoping my optimism pays off for once! 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Agreed. 

The fourth quarter was just as exciting as the second and third was depressing and infuriating.  Here's to hoping my optimism pays off for once! 

Here's hoping my pessimism is wrong for once :D 

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, maury77 said:

Jets won today, so let’s enjoy it, but this really isn’t the game for the Zach hive to start pounding their chests.

He was dreadful aside from one drive. That this team is blowing out good teams with subpar QB play is astonishing. 

• WTF? 2
  • Sympathy 1

Look he had a rough game, it happens.  In the second half he made better throws and then Hall and Carter took over and dominated.  Like I said we are 3-0 since he came back, he was a big reason we won the Steeler game, he didn’t put up flashy stats last week BUT he managed the game very well.  He’s obviously not a finished product so we have to have to patience but the good news is that he has a knack of rising to the occasion in crunch time which is great.  If he can continue to grow it’s going to be very fun. 

• Sympathy 1

With Flacco offense averages 17 ppg

With Wilson offense averages 30 ppg

Argument against Zach last year was that the team played better all around with backups. Seems to be backwards this year. 

That said, Zach has all the tools he could possibly ever use, he has no excuses at this point for playing badly.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

2 minutes ago, maury77 said:

Jets won today, so let’s enjoy it, but this really isn’t the game for the Zach hive to start pounding their chests.

He made no real mistakes aside from that one sack. Made that nice 40 yard completion and led the jets to the win on the road in Lambeau. What else do you want? Stats don't win games.