I'm conflicted

WowOhWow

12 minutes ago, WowOhWow said:

Ecstatic with the win.  Love what Wilson brings to this team.  Love the young guys.  But highly irritated with the D and really conflicted on the coaching staff.  But 2-2 with all the adversity.  Gotta tip my hat.  Wow.  Man - it's great to have young talent.

It’s the discipline. That’s the main issue.

We don’t just do false starts, we always get nailed for 10+ yards, and it grates on me. 

Must be leading the league now, for illegal man upfield, feel we get 2-3 a game.

Theres some real talent in this team, you’ve got to keep those penalties to a low to help them grow and get more W’s.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

The conflict is that we all saw this Jets story before, but they - OUR INEPT NY JETS!?!? - FOUND a way TO WIN! 

they pulled a fast one TWICE on their most loyal (and Definitely older) fanbase  by winning games we KNEW they were going to lose. 

that’s a tectonic shift in fan expectations and change in culture; hopefully in establishing a winning one. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 3

15 minutes ago, WowOhWow said:

Ecstatic with the win.  Love what Wilson brings to this team.  Love the young guys.  But highly irritated with the D and really conflicted on the coaching staff.  But 2-2 with all the adversity.  Gotta tip my hat.  Wow.  Man - it's great to have young talent.

I really am not a fan of Saleh but I'm happy that at least some things are going well for this team.  In recent years, the season would be over after week 4.

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Dude, a Win is a Win

Yes AND NO!

This Win was ALWAYS A LOSS in years prior. This Win, backed by the absurd Cleveland W, starts to debunk the conditioning a fair share of this fanbase has suffered over the years. Its hilarious because you KNOW this is really messing with some of the more Jaded Jets fans out there. Does Saleh start having some substance? Has JD actually injected Talented Winners (AVT, Sauce, GWil, Carter, MC2, Echols, etc) onto this roster?

Hope is a DANGEROUS thing………..

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, 92ShaunEllis92 said:

Yes AND NO!

This Win was ALWAYS A LOSS in years prior. This Win, backed by the absurd Cleveland W, starts to debunk the conditioning a fair share of this fanbase has suffered over the years. Its hilarious because you KNOW this is really messing with some of the more Jaded Jets fans out there. Does Saleh start having some substance? Has JD actually injected Talented Winners (AVT, Sauce, GWil, Carter, MC2, Echols, etc) onto this roster?

Hope is a DANGEROUS thing………..

image.gif.52b9d1358ac6d11dd10c3d0b972c15b5.gif

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, WowOhWow said:

I think it is important to point out how bad our OL is and unlucky we have been with the injuries to the 4 tackles. I think a lot has been said about all of the bad, especially by the coaching staff. These include the poor play calling on O, the sloppy stupid plays on D, the drops, etc. To be honest it is hard to fairly judge the CS and ZW with all of the problems - obviously you can find a lot of faults but consider this:

With all of the above, including injuries to OL and ZW missing the first 3 games, we are 2-2; I didn't think we would get there before the injuries - sure the Steelers are not that good, but still 2-2. Remember how last year started against some terrible teams?

This team won two games when losing by 2 scores going into (or in) the 4th quarter. There were plenty of momentum breaking plays that could have just beaten this team. We won these games; sure the Cleveland game was a miracle, but we could easily have lost that one. This team hasn't quite (you have to give the CS credit for that) and they have won two games from behind. Also, unless it is a blow out this team knows they have a chance to win even if they are down 2 scores.

Part of those 2 wins our 'really bad D' has gotten the stops when then needed them in the 4th quarter. When was the last time we could say that. Even the Rex defense (last time this team had two great seasons) couldn't pull that off very often.

We are 2-2; the 2 wins we came from behind in the 4th to overcome 2 scores and scored 14 points; and the D held when needed. We can debate a lot of Saleh's ills, but we should give them credit for the coaching. If drops and stupid penalties are their fault, the good is because of them too.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, pointman said:

We have three issues.

a. coaching needs to improve. Our coaching staff is winning the slogan war and thats it.

b. Garrett needs more touches. He is gold.

c. Ashtyn Davis is on the team.

Offensive line is the biggest issue on this team right now

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, WowOhWow said:

Same here. I'm happy they fought back to win the game. I'm happy with the young players and Corey Davis stepping up.

But I'm sick of the lack of discipline. Stupid penalties each week. It is a huge indictment of the coach. Saleh needs to go.

1 hour ago, pointman said:

We have three issues.

a. coaching needs to improve. Our coaching staff is winning the slogan war and thats it.

While I agree that the coaching needs to get better, this team is batting 500, and won 2 games by overcoming 2 score deficits. I also think the Saleh out coached Tomlinson at the end of the 4th; good game, time management, and decision making.

3 hours ago, nycdan said:

D wasn't bad today.  Not sure what you were watching.

Gave up 7 points on the pick by Minkah - can't blame them for that.  Otherwise, 13 points allowed, 4 picks (even if one was a hail mary gift), 3 sacks.  Big stops all throughout the game.  I'll take that every week.

How long has it been since the D allowed less than 21 points? Week 1 of 2021 season?

We have three issues.
Garrett needs to hold onto the damn ball.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

18 minutes ago, Hex said:

How long has it been since the D allowed less than 21 points? Week 1 of 2021 season?

Probably the Houston game last year.  I think we held them in the teens.

Forcing the run game way too much. Wasn’t working at all. Kept putting in them in terrible long situations. 

The Jets had two 5 yard runs today, and MLF decides the next plays will be an empty backfield. But why? Where is the play action? If this coaching staff survives this year, Saleh really needs to rethink MLF as his OC and his stupid ass schemes because as of right now he is not getting the most out of the talent he has on the offense.

This team won in spite of MLF. They won because they have more talent than what the Steelers have.

I still believe they are a 7/8 win team, put a better OC on this team and they have the talent to be a 10 win team.
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Jets0712 said:

Don’t be conflicted. Just take the W

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Not sure this team is any good. But won 2 games they had no business winning by taking advantage of collasal mistakes by the other team. Gotta respect that.

Thye face Dolphins without Tua next week and Pats on QB#3 the week after that. Win those 2 games, you have something. But don't expect teams are gonna shoot themselves in the foot every week. Cannot play like garbage for 3 quarter and think you can win playing 10 minutes of good football. 

And Garrett Wilson has to touch the ball alot more than he did today. 

• Upvote 4

50 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

While I agree that the coaching needs to get better, this team is batting 500, and won 2 games by overcoming 2 score deficits. I also think the Saleh out coached Tomlinson at the end of the 4th; good game, time management, and decision making.

I think we have real talent. I think thats why we are .500. .500 despite the coaching not because of it. Pitt is really bad though.