Jump to content

I'm conflicted


WowOhWow
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, sourceworx said:

Same here. I'm happy they fought back to win the game. I'm happy with the young players and Corey Davis stepping up.

But I'm sick of the lack of discipline. Stupid penalties each week. It is a huge indictment of the coach. Saleh needs to go.

I'm no Saleh supporter but please...   We're 2-2 so you can't really say he needs to go.  He's at least earned a little more rope.  He and Zack both have earned more rope today. 

I must say, this is a very weird team and quite an experience.  I'm not often speechless but this team...  :) Go Jets!  

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, WowOhWow said:

Ecstatic with the win.  Love what Wilson brings to this team.  Love the young guys.  But highly irritated with the D and really conflicted on the coaching staff.  But 2-2 with all the adversity.  Gotta tip my hat.  Wow.  Man - it's great to have young talent.

The D that gave up 13?

So the didn’t give up only 13?  I’m wrong @Kleckineau & @pointman

  • Thumb Down 2
  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, 92ShaunEllis92 said:

Yes AND NO!

This Win was ALWAYS A LOSS in years prior. This Win, backed by the absurd Cleveland W, starts to debunk the conditioning a fair share of this fanbase has suffered over the years. Its hilarious because you KNOW this is really messing with some of the more Jaded Jets fans out there. Does Saleh start having some substance? Has JD actually injected Talented Winners (AVT, Sauce, GWil, Carter, MC2, Echols, etc) onto this roster?
 

Hope is a DANGEROUS thing………..

So because giving up 13 may have been a loss in prior years it’s unacceptable today?  
Wins and how we win needs to comfort the fan base?

LOL

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, sourceworx said:

Same here. I'm happy they fought back to win the game. I'm happy with the young players and Corey Davis stepping up.

But I'm sick of the lack of discipline. Stupid penalties each week. It is a huge indictment of the coach. Saleh needs to go.

Are we thinking that the CS tells players to take roughing calls?  And are we thinking that the Lawson hit was a blatant roughing penalty, the kind that gets called all the time? 

You are going to be disappointed.

Nothing says Saleh should be fired and he won’t be anytime soon.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

So because giving up 13 may have been a loss in prior years it’s unacceptable today?  
Wins and how we win needs to comfort the fan base?

LOL

 

You realize that Pitt offense is horrible, right? I know you probably don't follow football but there are other variables besides the numeric value. This defense has also allowed 30 to the Browns and 27 to the Bengals and 24 to the Ravens. Thats a lot of points to be giving away each week when your head coach hangs his hat on being a defensive guru.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, pointman said:

You realize that Pitt offense is horrible, right? I know you probably don't follow football but there are other variables besides the numeric value. This defense has also allowed 30 to the Browns and 27 to the Bengals and 24 to the Ravens. Thats a lot of points to be giving away each week when your head coach hangs his hat on being a defensive guru.

You realize you’re arguing that 13 points is a bad total.  
Your HC isn’t running the defense.  One day you people will get it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, 92ShaunEllis92 said:

Yes AND NO!

This Win was ALWAYS A LOSS in years prior. This Win, backed by the absurd Cleveland W, starts to debunk the conditioning a fair share of this fanbase has suffered over the years. Its hilarious because you KNOW this is really messing with some of the more Jaded Jets fans out there. Does Saleh start having some substance? Has JD actually injected Talented Winners (AVT, Sauce, GWil, Carter, MC2, Echols, etc) onto this roster?
 

Hope is a DANGEROUS thing………..

Don't leave out Breece Hall who is just starting to find his way.  He had two very big runs today; scored on one and almost scored on the other.  He is KEY to taking the pressure off of Zach.  We really need this OL to STEP UP.   They are truly the key to the season.... 

  • Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Jet Nut said:

You realize you’re arguing that 13 points is a bad total.  
Your HC isn’t running the defense.  One day you people will get it.

lol is that what I was arguing? Glad you clarified my stance for me. 

A defensive coordinator who is brought in to head coach a football will have his fingerprints all over that D. Its why we run the D we run. One day you'll know a thing or two about football and maybe one day you kid will get it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, pointman said:

Aww you edited in my name. I feel loved. Congrats on reading the scores. You did good tonight, peanut. Take a rest now.

Well I said they gave up 13 and you gave it a thumbs down.  Not love this time

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, pointman said:

lol is that what I was arguing? Glad you clarified my stance for me. 

A defensive coordinator who is brought in to head coach a football will have his fingerprints all over that D. Its why we run the D we run. One day you'll know a thing or two about football and maybe one day you kid will get it.

He was brought in to oversee the team and not to run the defense.  
Hou know zip about football, don’t fool yourself.  You don’t know zip about this team.  
kid?  Lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah sure, the 50% completion / 2 INT QB was anointed today, but the 4 Pick / 3 Sack defense that half of the points "they" allowed came off turnovers was the only problem.  It's certainly not like the D was the reason they were even in that game through most of it.

Then again, that mindset does align with the historical interpretation of Jets/Steelers games by some around here.  It's right on par with the ideas that Doug Brien was at fault for Pennington leading the Jets to 3 offensive points, and the defense was to blame for Sanchez coughing up a fumble for a touchdown.

Credit where it's due to Wilson, at least he stepped it up enough at the end so this time we don't have to hear for years why a loss had nothing to do with the QB's poor play.  Here's hoping we continue to see dramatic improvements from here.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

He was brought in to oversee the team and not to run the defense.  
Hou know zip about football, don’t fool yourself.  You don’t know zip about this team.  
kid?  Lol

So he has no hand in the defense? What d we run? None? Captain America Lol GIF by mtv

 

I know more football than you, little fella. Don't be mad. Facts are facts.

Yeah. Kid. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, pointman said:

So he has no hand in the defense? What d we run? None? Captain America Lol GIF by mtv

 

I know more football than you, little fella. Don't be mad. Facts are facts.

Yeah. Kid. 

Yet your posts say you don’t. 
Laugh away

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, pointman said:

lol so you got mad over the thumbs down? Got it. You'll be ok. 

Your lack of football acumen is surpassed by your reading comprehension.  I don’t give a shlt, just wanted to know why my asking why give they gave up 13 was neg repped.  Read into it whatever way you want 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Lith said:

This.  Never apologize for a win.  Winning in the NFL is hard -- and nobody should know that better than Jet fans.  Enjoy it, and look forward to next week.

+1

Only our wins seemingly need to be qualified with explanations about how they almost didn’t happen, or other such *s next to them. On a Jets fan site.

Buffalo could/should be 2-2 like the Jets. Except they aren’t.

They don’t do style points and the ESPN power rankings don’t actually mean anything. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Your lack of football acumen is surpassed by your reading comprehension.  I don’t give a shlt, just wanted to know why my asking why give they gave up 13 was neg repped.  Read into it whatever way you want 

Season 9 Lol GIF by The Office

 

The pain you show makes me feel jolly. You DEFINITELY care. You lost your mind because I disagreed with you. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, pointman said:

Hence more confirmation on who is the one thats lost and who isn't. You think a head coach that was a d coordinator has no say in the defense. Classic. 

Dude, move on, you’re embarrassing yourself. 
The most lost are the first to claim they know more than others 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Dude, move on, you’re embarrassing yourself. 
The most lost are the first to claim they know more than others 

Yet here you are continuously responding to me. You've clowned yourself repeatedly. Look at peoples posts through out time in response to you. You are always condescending to others like you know, but the only one you have convinced is yourself. Sorry the disagreeing with you hurt your soft feelings so hard. You should watch the team and see why some, dislike how this defense has performed. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, bostonmajet said:

I think it is important to point out how bad our OL is and unlucky we have been with the injuries to the 4 tackles. I think a lot has been said about all of the bad, especially by the coaching staff. These include the poor play calling on O, the sloppy stupid plays on D, the drops, etc. To be honest it is hard to fairly judge the CS and ZW with all of the problems - obviously you can find a lot of faults but consider this:

With all of the above, including injuries to OL and ZW missing the first 3 games, we are 2-2; I didn't think we would get there before the injuries - sure the Steelers are not that good, but still 2-2. Remember how last year started against some terrible teams?

This team won two games when losing by 2 scores going into (or in) the 4th quarter. There were plenty of momentum breaking plays that could have just beaten this team. We won these games; sure the Cleveland game was a miracle, but we could easily have lost that one. This team hasn't quite (you have to give the CS credit for that) and they have won two games from behind. Also, unless it is a blow out this team knows they have a chance to win even if they are down 2 scores.

Part of those 2 wins our 'really bad D' has gotten the stops when then needed them in the 4th quarter. When was the last time we could say that. Even the Rex defense (last time this team had two great seasons) couldn't pull that off very often.

We are 2-2; the 2 wins we came from behind in the 4th to overcome 2 scores and scored 14 points; and the D held when needed. We can debate a lot of Saleh's ills, but we should give them credit for the coaching. If drops and stupid penalties are their fault, the good is because of them too.

Defense plays better when the O puts the timely drives together needed. When the O doesn’t then the D struggles. If the O keeps doing what they did today the D should play better moving forward.

  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, 92ShaunEllis92 said:

When Coach Ron, not Saleh, was running the ship as HC vs. The Texans and accounted for 25% of the 2021 win total. Lol. I love me some Coach Ron:

78CF9B49-0E55-4DC2-9FDE-BD12E149C3DE.thumb.webp.ea65a740c1550153df915805e1caf19f.webp

Still feel like that guy's gonna be an HC in the NFL one day

  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, LIJetsFan said:

I'm no Saleh supporter but please...   We're 2-2 so you can't really say he needs to go.  He's at least earned a little more rope.  He and Zack both have earned more rope today. 

I must say, this is a very weird team and quite an experience.  I'm not often speechless but this team...  :) Go Jets!  

Very well said and agree in that this game was HUGE for Saleh and ZWilson in “earning more rope.” That’s exactly how I feel, there is a little more willingness to be sold that perhaps they ARE STARTING to get it and can improve. That leads to hope. Lol 

Saleh- good clock Mgmnt, showed emotion and anger at penalties, offense was balanced and committed to the run which was CRUCIAL for the play action success 

 

Wilson- serviceable but not encouraging until the 4th quarter. Then something clicked and he was running the offense to a 4th qtr comeback Victory, not a FG to tie. He showed his doubters something, but its not going to silence any objective critic that he still has some headache-inducing flaws. 
but that velocity on his passes when its accurate ……….😍

  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...