Great comeback but we need to stop beating ourselves(sigh of relief)

yvj

Last 5 years we lose this game 99% of the time. Now this outcome is 100x better than getting blown out every game, but I don't know if I can handle this Jekyll and Hyde business. I want to say we should have blown the Steelers out, but can you really realistically say that about the Jets and any opponent? Zach is still very much a work in progress, but I like that he (and the team overall) doesn't fold. All things considered, it's nice to see players who don't lie down and take it when things look rough.  

There is a lot to complain about in how ugly this win was. Sigh of relief. Zach was skittish but had some outstanding throws along with skittish dropbacks, poor decisions, and bad location on balls.

Glad he got a W with all that rust. Hoping he learns a lot and gets in a groove.

But I don’t know we can do about this offensive line. When Duane Brown got hurt is sounded like he was done for the season.  We have to pray to God he somehow comes back and plays the whole season or Zach could gets David Carr’d.

1 hour ago, David Harris said:

But I don’t know we can do about this offensive line. When Duane Brown got hurt is sounded like he was done for the season.  We have to pray to God he somehow comes back and plays the whole season or Zach could gets David Carr’d.

Absolutely agree.  And with all the pressure ZW saw today, he was only sacked once.  I'm struggling to grapple with that stat.  He was scrambling like mad all day, but credit him for not getting caught or even hit that much.

Hard not to believe that Flacco would have ended up as Tua's roomate today.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

Guys, some of you seem to focusing on the wrong things in my opinion.  Of course it was ugly and they looked out of sync at times.  That is what happens when you have a bunch of young players all learning at the same time.  Not only are many of them learning the NFL but they are learning how to play with each other.   The CS is also still learning and hopefully improving.   

We had our franchise quarterback back after missing almost the entire preseason and 3 games of the regular season.  Yet at the end of the day, they figured out a way to win, just like they did against Cleveland.    THIS IS HOW WINNING TRADITIONS START.   You win the ugly games and build the confidence that you CAN win even when you don't play well.   

Imagine what this team could look like, in another 6 weeks, assuming no serious injuries and we get some of our OL back.  It may not be pretty but if this team can stay within striking distance in the 4th quarter, they are building a reputation that they can CLOSE.  Lets see if they can keep this up, but after 4 games, I am definitely intrigued about what they can potentially become by seasons end. 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, JetFreak89 said:

This team isn’t good enough to win clean games…at least yet. Give me a year with 7 or so ugly wins and Zach improving and then I’ll look for some professional start to finish wins next year.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Exactly.  Hopefully the clean up a few things every week and continue to improve.  The fact that they found ways to win games some may feel they had no business winning, is a very positive development and only bodes well for the future.  Again as long as they continue to play more consistent.   Especially the offensive line. 

• Upvote 1