It's October and the Season Ain't Over

1 minute ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Even the most cockeyed of optimist would have taken 2-2 if asked in August for best case scenario.  That was before Zach’s injury and the OL just getting obliterated with injuries.

It’s been ugly, and for the most part very frustrating to watch, but as an Iowa fan I can speak from years of experience, ugly wins are still better than pretty losses.

Actually quite impressive to be 2-2 at this point, in all honesty.

speaking of injuries, do we know what happened w/Mad Max?

3 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Even the most cockeyed of optimist would have taken 2-2 if asked in August for best case scenario.  That was before Zach’s injury and the OL just getting obliterated with injuries.

It’s been ugly, and for the most part very frustrating to watch, but as an Iowa fan I can speak from years of experience, ugly wins are still better than pretty losses.

Actually quite impressive to be 2-2 at this point, in all honesty.

Never apologize for a win.   With this team they are so infrequent and rare that every win brings the question: light at the end of the tunnel or oncoming train? 

• Upvote 2

It is a nice feeling.

Wins are great but for me have Zach show that he belongs and I am good for this year. Whatever that equates to in wins and losses - so be it.

Sure there were some oh crap moments yesterday but if you are putting aside the pro or con Zach arguments - he did look improved in some areas over last year.

Factor in it was his first action since last year and certainly Oct - Dec looks alot brighter than last week. 

• Upvote 1