Wilson vs Flacco

3 minutes ago, PolarBear said:

Who cares what his stats were through 3 quarters? Last time I checked the game was 4 quarters. 

I don’t see how anyone can’t be pleased with Zach’s game today. The kid beat the Steelers in Pittsburgh which is never easy. 

i am happy we won and glad he had a good 4th quarter. but he was horrible for 3 quarters. like i said before a better team would have blown us away and there would not be a chance to win in the 4th. and i dont know how many teams we will be facing will be bringing in a rookie QB at halftime throw 3 INTs to keep us in the game.

1 hour ago, PolarBear said:

Hello! Long time lurker 

How do you think the Jets would have done with Flacco? 

Im still not sold on ZW, but his mobility definitely helped today. He only took 1 sack for a loss of 4 yards. Feel like Flacco would have gotten taken down a few more times. 

With Flacco it would have been a respectable loss

25 minutes ago, PolarBear said:

Who cares what his stats were through 3 quarters? Last time I checked the game was 4 quarters. 

I don’t see how anyone can’t be pleased with Zach’s game today. The kid beat the Steelers in Pittsburgh which is never easy. 

Suddenly when the Jets win with Zach under center its "Zach won".

A loss, or a win with any other QB, and its a "team game".  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, doitny said:

what throws? he completed 33% of his passes for 3 quarters? that 3 out of 10 in case your wondering. we cant win like that.

and what throw did he make on the move? every one he threw away.

where were you for 3 quarters? with Joe and Fido in the witness protection program.? no way you could defend what we saw for 3 quarters. if this game was Home they would have booed him off the field. 

Last time I checked, games were more than 3Qs.  Flacco sucked in Cleveland before his last two drives.  Are we forgetting this?  
I have no idea what football game you watched or why you’re asking where I was hiding, I stay away fro the game day threads, the mental gymnastics are pretty ridiculous and annoying to read. 

12 hours ago, doitny said:

what throws? he completed 33% of his passes for 3 quarters? that 3 out of 10 in case your wondering. we cant win like that.

and what throw did he make on the move? every one he threw away.

where were you for 3 quarters? with Joe and Fido in the witness protection program.? no way you could defend what we saw for 3 quarters. if this game was Home they would have booed him off the field. 

This is why stats are often misleading. Zach was seeing his first game action since the first week of the preseason, and the OT situation was a patchwork operation. All in all, I’d rather have the extra half dozen incompletions than another half dozen sacks, and that’s basically what he provided out there. People like to complain about the hero ball, but his escapability is a big part of his potential. 

In the meantime, he got it done when he had to. That’s something to build upon. 

8 hours ago, slats said:

This is why stats are often misleading. Zach was seeing his first game action since the first week of the preseason, and the OT situation was a patchwork operation. All in all, I’d rather have the extra half dozen incompletions than another half dozen sacks, and that’s basically what he provided out there. People like to complain about the hero ball, but his escapability is a big part of his potential. 

In the meantime, he got it done when he had to. That’s something to build upon. 

its not just stats. i watched the game just like everyone else.

yeah he had a nice throw here or there in the first 3 quarters and avoided the sack alot but 33% is not misleading. and finishing with a 50% comp is bad too.

ok he won and made the plays when he had to. but we cant win like he played. but people here want to have a parade down Broadway like we found our FQB. 

lets just hope it was rust and he plays better for more than just the 4th Qt. not many teams throw 4 INTs to keep the other team in striking distance in the 4th.