Pats just lost. 1-3. Jets are better. Finally

HighPitch

13 minutes ago, FlightBoyz said:

Sitting at 2 -2 is a blessing. Could no question be winless.

Not really.  At the end of the day we still had to come back from a double digit lead twice so we earned it

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

49 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Not really.  At the end of the day we still had to come back from a double digit lead twice so we earned it

Right but playing like the team has in the first 4 games, as a whole, is not sustainable.  Twice, this team has overcome 90+% odds of a loss in the final 8 minutes of a game to win.  That demonstrates resiliency, yes, and you take the W's where you can get them.  But in future games regression is to be expected and they can't count on wins after 3+ quarters of overall poor play.  Especially as the schedule gets more difficult (we still play Buffalo 2x, @ DEN, @ MIN, @ GB, plus some games on the schedule look tougher than they did prior, like the Jaguars, Lions, and Seahawks).  

In short; this is a pretty BAD 2-2 team that needs to get significantly better in the 2nd quarter of the season.  And considering we haven't won an AFC East game since 2019, its a bit too early for the victory lap until we start winning some divisional games. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, August said:

We’re usually 0-4 around this time. Being 2-2 is refreshing. 

Right now, even with the 2 wins, our point differential is -25.  4th worst in the league, and even worse than the Pats (-24) and winless Texans (-20).  

0-4 might not be what we deserve but certainly 1-3 is the more likely outcome for a team that has played like us so far.  2-2 is an absolute gift.  

Meanwhile, the poor Jaguars are 2-2 despite a +38 point differential.  3rd best in the league.  

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Right but playing like the team has in the first 4 games, as a whole, is not sustainable.  Twice, this team has overcome 90+% odds of a loss in the final 8 minutes of a game to win.  That demonstrates resiliency, yes, and you take the W's where you can get them.  But in future games regression is to be expected and they can't count on wins after 3+ quarters of overall poor play.  Especially as the schedule gets more difficult (we still play Buffalo 2x, @ DEN, @ MIN, @ GB, plus some games on the schedule look tougher than they did prior, like the Jaguars, Lions, and Seahawks).  

In short; this is a pretty BAD 2-2 team that needs to get significantly better in the 2nd quarter of the season.  And considering we haven't won an AFC East game since 2019, its a bit too early for the victory lap until we start winning some divisional games. 

Weak

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Right now, even with the 2 wins, our point differential is -25.  4th worst in the league, and even worse than the Pats (-24) and winless Texans (-20).  

0-4 might not be what we deserve but certainly 1-3 is the more likely outcome for a team that has played like us so far.  2-2 is an absolute gift.  

Meanwhile, the poor Jaguars are 2-2 despite a +38 point differential.  3rd best in the league.  

Telling us all how pointless these analytics can be.

They can have their point differential, I’ll take the wins.

• Upvote 4

27 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Point differential is something like the seventeenth tie-breaker. I think won/loss is more important. 

2 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

Point differential is something like the seventeenth tie-breaker. I think won/loss is more important. 

I'm not considering it in tiebreaker terms.  I'm considering it in terms of projecting future performance.  

And in that sense, point differential is a lot more valuable than W-L. 

Claiming the Jets are "better than the Pats" purely because we needed a miracle to beat Jacoby Brissett and a smaller miracle to beat Trubisky/Pickett is premature. 

And I know all about being premature....

7 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I prefer 1,000 words of whatever to this version of Sperm, lol.

The version is happy enough that the Jets actually won a football game for the 2nd time in the first 4 weeks without qualifying why unhappiness is truly what’s in order.

Yes I can see how that’d be very irritating.

I’ll make a subtle penis joke for you to laugh at soon enough. I got your back. ;) 

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Telling us all how pointless these analytics can be.

they can have their point differential, I’ll take the wins.

Agreed.  Point or run differential might mean something in baseball over a 162 games, but in football's micro season, it doesn't mean squat.  

9 one score wins and a blowout leads to a poor point differential and a 9-1 record.