Pats just lost. 1-3. Jets are better. Finally

3 hours ago, bostonmajet said:

So, because it happened 20 years ago, it will happen again? Gase? Gase relied mostly on Vets; this team is relying on rookies and younger players. Sauce, Wilson, Wilson, Breece are the future of this team and they are learning to play in the league. And while this team is far from good, they are getting better every year (from a talent perspective) and are learning to work together in a new scheme. Will they be a good team? Who knows, but it beats waiting for the next shoe to drop.

Yes 2019 was 20 years ago.  Hadn’t considered that.

My point was smoke and mirrors only get you so far.  This team has sucked for 14/16 quarters.  Can we at least not suck for 2/4 against Miami so we can maybe be competitive in a divisional game?  That’s all I ask.  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yes 2019 was 20 years ago.  Hadn’t considered that.

My point was smoke and mirrors only get you so far.  This team has sucked for 14/16 quarters.  Can we at least not suck for 2/4 against Miami so we can maybe be competitive in a divisional game?  That’s all I ask.  

babysteps.

the only stat that matters is wins and we are 2-2. with NO O line.

so

17 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

But in future games regression is to be expected and they can't count on wins after 3+ quarters of overall poor play.  Especially as the schedule gets more difficult (we still play Buffalo 2x, @ DEN, @ MIN, @ GB, plus some games on the schedule look tougher than they did prior, like the Jaguars, Lions, and Seahawks).  

In short; this is a pretty BAD 2-2 team that needs to get significantly better in the 2nd quarter of the season.  And considering we haven't won an AFC East game since 2019, its a bit too early for the victory lap until we start winning some divisional games. 

I do not understand why you would consider regression with this team to be expected. Makes no sense to me at all. With all the young players, Zach just coming back, the confidence they will get from winning and time for the OL to get some consistency it would seem that significant improvement is to be expected.

2 hours ago, johnnysd said:

I do not understand why you would consider regression with this team to be expected. Makes no sense to me at all. With all the young players, Zach just coming back, the confidence they will get from winning and time for the OL to get some consistency it would seem that significant improvement is to be expected.

One can hope.  But all we’ve seen to date is 2 good quarters of football out of 16.  That’s not sustainable.

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

One can hope.  But all we’ve seen to date is 2 good quarters of football out of 16.  That’s not sustainable.

If you cound just Zach it's 1/4 and too small a sample size. I wouldn't throw Flacco in these types of stats if I were you

• WTF? 1

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

from what I gathered, you are suggesting we should not count Flaco‘s fourth-quarter against the Browns? I.e. one of the most improbable come backs of all time? Come on now.

I think I was trying to say that since flacco running an offense probably looks a lot different than Zach running an offense, we shouldn't look at Flacco's games and count it into the consistency or sustainability pool because it by virtue of logic can't be sustained if it's ended.

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

For a full offseason we let SAR I run around here calling Adam Gase a genius for the 2019 Jets going 7-9.  What happened next?

Something that means that NFL should adopt point differential over win/loss record to determine playoff participants? 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, JiFapono said:

Something that means that NFL should adopt point differential over win/loss record to determine playoff participants? 

Something that means it should be taken into account as a projector of future outcomes more than people declaring us better than nearly half the NFL purely based on W-L record?

No, wins are not the only stat that matters.  Zach’s development means a lot more.  At least that’s what I was told all offseason.  

Let's be honest, this D isn't good enough to sustain a playoff run. So yeah, if BYU shows out to be the man for the next 10 years, I'd call that a home run season. My grave doubts remain even after yesterdays "great" game. Yes, he didn't fold and drove down the field when it mattered most -- which honestly is more that I thought he was capable of -- but before I crown him, I need to see a complete QB perform over several games. He was 250/1/2 with 50% competition. That's not generally a winning formula, and definitely not enough for anyone to declare some kind of complete victory lol.