What did the defense do differently?

Nixhead

Just now, Joe W. Namath said:

Patience.  Whitehead is new here and joyner hasnt played safety in years.  We want instant results.  We all need to be more patient.

Next week is the biggest game this franchise has played in 6 years.  The explosion Saleh has been talking about could very well be coming on Sunday.

I think we might blow out the Dolphins?

Lets not get ahead of ourselves yet there Joe. I don't think the Jets are that good that they can blow out the Dolphins quite yet but maybe we can surprise them a little bit and win a decisive game!

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

They played the worst offense in the NFL, and the Steelers haven’t been this bad since the 80s.

Najee Harris, Diontae Johnson, Chase Claypool, George Pickens, Pat Friartuck - plus their safety Fitzpatrick and their O line better than ours - they have talent!

• Post of the Week 1

15 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Patience.  Whitehead is new here and joyner hasnt played safety in years.  We want instant results.  We all need to be more patient.

Next week is the biggest game this franchise has played in 6 years.  The explosion Saleh has been talking about could very well be coming on Sunday.

If we had lost I would have been all over this. We won so I am nodding my head right now. 

Bill Nye GIF by NETFLIX

7 minutes ago, Nixhead said:

Najee Harris, Diontae Johnson, Chase Claypool, George Pickens, Pat Friartuck - plus their safety Fitzpatrick and their O line better than ours - they have talent!

but no QB. then they play a rookie in his 1st game who didnt get any reps all week.

• Upvote 1

To be honest?  They simply communicated well.  Everyone was on the same page, starting with the Safeties, and it trickled down.  Very few, if any, busted plays, the CBs all knew their assignments and, most importantly, the d-line generated a bit of pressure.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, doitny said:

but no QB. then they play a rookie in his 1st game who didnt get any reps all week.

And NEs 3rd QB Zappe took the Packers to OT and nearly beat them. Pickett did ok and had his team in position to win. The last INT he threw he should have realized you do not throw that pass when you are up by 3 with less than 4 mins to play.

9 hours ago, RoadFan said:

They played the worst offense in the NFL, and the Steelers haven’t been this bad since the 80s.

That worst offense gave up a total of 1 interception combined against the Bengals,  Rats and Browns. 

Maybe it had something to do with the CS simplifying and improving communication in the secondary that was plastered all over the media? 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Mogglez said:

To be honest?  They simply communicated well.  Everyone was on the same page, starting with the Safeties, and it trickled down.  Very few, if any, busted plays, the CBs all knew their assignments and, most importantly, the d-line generated a bit of pressure.

Surprised it went that many posts before someone wrote this.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Yeah, in other words, they didn’t really really screw up.

• Upvote 1

On 10/3/2022 at 1:56 AM, Joe W. Namath said:

Win or lose ... you can bet there will be an explosion on this forum afterwards! :D