Oct. 9th - Jets/Dolphins - Biggest game for this franchise in 6 years

3 minutes ago, hotrodcharlie said:

I sure hope you aren’t eating those words a week from today 

Agree - don't underestimate Teddy. 

Tua can make more dramatic plays but Teddy typically gives you a solid game.

He is beatable - but typically does not make bonehead plays to cost his team.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 3

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I’m with this. It’s the Haters vs the Homers Super Bowl on Sunday. Jets are 3 point underdogs to Teddy Bridgewater, which shows you how little respect they’re getting around the league. I think we should make posters declare a side, make a pick in this game (money line) and put up a $10 bet to a food bank. Put up or shut up time for you lippy Zach turds and you miserable scumbag Jets haters. 

A couple of things on his:

-3 point dogs is representative of respect around the “league”? Are you insinuating that the league now sets lines, and that they are purporting this measure as it relates to true talent on a team?

-Which side are you rooting for here?

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

it's a very important game simply because it's within the division.  no preductions.  i don't think the doltfins are for real but i also know the jets will have their work cut out given all of the shuffling on the oline.  can the cb's handle tyreek and waddle?  i think they mostly can.  i also think they're going to need another good game from joyner and whitehead..

Although a back-up, Bridgewater has experience and can still move around the pocket.  Burrow and Jackson bought a lot of time with their mobility and that hurt us dearly in our two loses.  

A win vs a division rival at home to go over .500 is HHHUUUGGGEE for this young team especially if Zack play well.     

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Scott Dierking said:

A couple of things on his:

-3 point dogs is representative of respect around the “league”? Are you insinuating that the league now sets lines, and that they are purporting this measure as it relates to true talent on a team?

-Which side are you rooting for here?

You beat me to the punch 

14 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

All offseason, the message has been we HAVE to win division games.  We have lost 12 straight division games.  Saleh addressed the team about this saying, “This sh*t end nows”.

It needs to. 

Seems most years we open the season against a division opponent. I was thrilled that we didn’t have a divisional game in the season’s first month when the schedule came out because I expected another slower start with the young team and staff, and we’ve kinda gotten that. 2-2 at this stage is much better than most fans probably expected at this point (me included), but they need to keep moving forward. 

Was also hoping/expecting that the OL would’ve started to come into its own by this stage of the season rather than not knowing where two or three starters might even be lining up, so that’s an issue. They seem to’ve banged a lot of the rust off of Zach, though, be very nice to see him follow up this week’s win with a more solid overall performance. Grabbing a division win in their first opportunity this season would just be a great feeling. I hope they’re done celebrating and have started preparing. This is a big game. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

While I VERY much want to win (3-2 would be sweet!), I must admit I am a little disappointed that we won't get to see a duel between Tua and Wilson at QB.

I very much want to see Wilson playing against the real #1's of our division, Allen, Tua and Jones.  #1 vs. #1.  Not backups.  

Bridgewater is (IMO) a clear drop-off from Tua, so I'm gald it should help our chances to win, to be clear. 

But I really would have liked to see Tua and Wilson going head to head, two young QB's with things to prove.  Maybe later in the season. 

• Upvote 1

Bridgewater beat us in Denver. He killed us on rollouts and plays with his legs.  He is still a good mobile QB and very accurate. I would play this game like the Baltimore game and keep him in the pocket.  Play Man coverage on Waddle and Hill. Dolphins secondary outside of Howard is nothing special. I expect a big day from whoever Howard is not covering. 

• Sympathy 1

14 minutes ago, Warfish said:

While I VERY much want to win (3-2 would be sweet!), I must admit I am a little disappointed that we won't get to see a duel between Tua and Wilson at QB.

I very much want to see Wilson playing against the real #1's of our division, Allen, Tua and Jones.  #1 vs. #1.  Not backups.  

Bridgewater is (IMO) a clear drop-off from Tua, so I'm gald it should help our chances to win, to be clear. 

But I really would have liked to see Tua and Wilson going head to head, two young QB's with things to prove.  Maybe later in the season. 

I could care less. Brady/Marino/Jim Kelly went up against our sh*tty QBs for over 30+ years....F that!

• WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

Mike Gesicki usually kills us. 

He does but yesterday gave me a little bit of hope.

I was expecting Freurmuth to kill us and while had did have some catches for nice gains, either Pitt stopped going to him or the jets made adjustments on d and took that option away.

I hope it is the latter.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Not since the 10-5 jets played buffalo w/ the playoffs on the line has a jets game meant more then this upcoming Sunday.  This will be a defining moment for the regime.

All offseason, the message has been we HAVE to win division games.  We have lost 12 straight division games.  Saleh addressed the team about this saying, “This sh*t end nows”.

Saleh has talked about the massive potential of this team and thats its been bubbling under the surface.  And when it explodes, its going to be fun to watch.

This Sunday, the explosion he has been talking about is going to happen.  Everything is going to fall into place, the light is going to go on for this team in front of the home crowd.

After the confidence this young team got today, they are, for the 1st time, going to put 4 quarters of really good football together.

The explosion happens this Sunday.

Jets - 31

Dolphins - 13

This will be the game, when we look back years from now, we will say was the turning point.

Its happening Jet fans!!!!

I Give Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

We need the offense to do its part. The OL has to keep the Phish Dline in check, and limit these hits on RB's behind the LOS - we are allowing too many of those.

As others have stated, mobile QB's seem to do well against our Dline.

I hope to see more of Huff and Clemons.

Giseke, their TE, has done very well against us in the past - he can't have his breakout game this weekend (he's so far had a very quiet start to his season.)

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I’m with this. It’s the Haters vs the Homers Super Bowl on Sunday. Jets are 3 point underdogs to Teddy Bridgewater, which shows you how little respect they’re getting around the league. I think we should make posters declare a side, make a pick in this game (money line) and put up a $10 bet to a food bank. Put up or shut up time for you lippy Zach turds and you miserable scumbag Jets haters. 

I am so tired of your constant trolling and negativ...

wait....what?!

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

i'd prefer to see wins versus backups.

35 minutes ago, Bungaman said:

We need the offense to do its part. The OL has to keep the Phish Dline in check, and limit these hits on RB's behind the LOS - we are allowing too many of those.

As others have stated, mobile QB's seem to do well against our Dline.

I hope to see more of Huff and Clemons.

Giseke, their TE, has done very well against us in the past - he can't have his breakout game this weekend (he's so far had a very quiet start to his season.)

Yeah, he's performed well here in front of all his family and friends from Bergen county area I think.  Disappears in most other games.  

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Teddy playing for Miami will be a very interesting Weaponz v. QB experiment. Teddy is the prototypical game manager. Can the best weaponz in the league turn him into a top QB?

• Sympathy 1

8 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I'm in.  Set it up and let us know how we can join. Always happy to contribute to a good cause.

• Upvote 1