Oct. 9th - Jets/Dolphins - Biggest game for this franchise in 6 years

Joe W. Namath

On 10/2/2022 at 9:14 PM, Joe W. Namath said:

Not since the 10-5 jets played buffalo w/ the playoffs on the line has a jets game meant more then this upcoming Sunday.  This will be a defining moment for the regime.

All offseason, the message has been we HAVE to win division games.  We have lost 12 straight division games.  Saleh addressed the team about this saying, “This sh*t end nows”.

Saleh has talked about the massive potential of this team and thats its been bubbling under the surface.  And when it explodes, its going to be fun to watch.

This Sunday, the explosion he has been talking about is going to happen.  Everything is going to fall into place, the light is going to go on for this team in front of the home crowd.

After the confidence this young team got today, they are, for the 1st time, going to put 4 quarters of really good football together.

The explosion happens this Sunday.

Jets - 31

Dolphins - 13

This will be the game, when we look back years from now, we will say was the turning point.

Its happening Jet fans!!!!

I really didn't  want to comment but if we are really to believe this, it just shows how bad we have been. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Just like these wings. You cover him with Sauce!

CE8B9002-23A1-44B6-A5CD-4F3A5A6096F2.jpeg

I will take a beating for this and probably well deserved but  am I the only one on this planet who does not like wings?

Just too much work with little benefit. I know you can go boneless, but I just don't get it.

Pound away.

• WTF? 3
  • Sympathy 2
  • Haha 2

34 minutes ago, Trotter said:

I will take a beating for this and probably well deserved but  am I the only one on this planet who does not like wings?

Just too much work with little benefit. I know you can go boneless, but I just don't get it.

Pound away.

Boneless wings are nuggets if cut in chunks and cutlets if cut into filets. There are no boneless  wings. 

Honestly? More for me! Thank you!!

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

On 10/2/2022 at 10:11 PM, Gastineau Lives said:

Is Duane Brown back?

On 10/2/2022 at 10:22 PM, Joe W. Namath said:

He is eligible to play so barring any setbacks, yes I believe he will be ready.

On 10/2/2022 at 10:22 PM, chirorob said:

How bad is Max hurt?   Is Brown back?   2 huge questions for the offense.

There's no more trusted name in injury news than Joe W. Namath.  lol.

• Haha 3

36 minutes ago, Trotter said:

Pound away.

Shut up commie basteed!

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Trotter said:

Pound away.

I get it.  But its important to note that boneless wings aren't wings.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Trotter said:

Pound away.

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I get it.  But its important to note that boneless wings aren't wings.

To clarify:  As in its not the same as the chicken you get on regular wings.  It's imposter meat.  

• Haha 1

I enjoyed the pictures and wing talk but Sauce Gardner can’t cover Tyreek Hill.

For one he plays outside zone coverage mostly and Tyreek Hill moves all over the field.

And secondly, it’s just a bad matchup, he would get burned by Hill and/or called with a lot of penalties. 

-

Hill needs to be double teamed and followed around by a guy like Michael Carter II. Sauce takes Waddle when he’s on the outside, a formidable challenge in it’s own right 

11 minutes ago, bgivs21 said:

Regardless of the fact that Tua is not playing, Miami is a very talented team. They have weapons on offense and their defense is very good. How the Jets o-line holds up will be the biggest factor imo. 

I disagree.  Miami is average at best.  They beat the Patriots(who stink) and were outplayed in their last 3 games.  This is a 1-3 team with a 3-1 record.

There are no excuses for us not to take this team behind the woodshed and convincingly beat them.  We are at home and they are w/o their qb.

This is the game boys.  We are going to thoroughly beat this team.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I disagree.  Miami is average at best.  They beat the Patriots(who stink) and were outplayed in their last 3 games.  This is a 1-3 team with a 3-1 record.

There are no excuses for us not to take this team behind the woodshed and convincingly beat them.  We are at home and they are w/o their qb.

This is the game boys.  We are going to thoroughly beat this team.

They beat the Bills two weeks ago. I’m not ready to predict that this team is ready to beat the Bills just yet. Catching them with the underrated Tua out should be a good thing. They need to take advantage. If this season is about learning how to win and close out games, and I believe it is, taking their first divisional game of the season would be a huge boost. 

2 minutes ago, slats said:

They beat the Bills two weeks ago. I’m not ready to predict that this team is ready to beat the Bills just yet. Catching them with the underrated Tua out should be a good thing. They need to take advantage. If this season is about learning how to win and close out games, and I believe it is, taking their first divisional game of the season would be a huge boost. 

I think even bigger is if both starting CBs are out.  Howard and Jones both questionable with Jones having not played yet this season.  If we are facing both backups, then our WRs simply need to bust the man coverage and feast on Sunday - if the OL gives Zach time to throw.  If MIA beats us in man coverage with backups, well then...we aren't who we hope we are.

1 hour ago, Trotter said:

Pound away.

Scrubs What GIF

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, tfine said:

Also the stadium needs to be loud. LOUD! Like 2009 Week 2 Jets/Pats loud. I get it was a different stadium, but man the crowd was crazy that game. 

That cavernous and monstrous excuse for a stadium is incapable of being loud.  Half the crowd is in the upper deck and is closer to the clouds than the field and the other half in the lower level spends the game eating carved meats in the clubs and watching the game on TV in their comfy leather chairs.  The stadium is awful and as a result the crowd noise sucks.