Oct. 9th - Jets/Dolphins - Biggest game for this franchise in 6 years

1 hour ago, Trotter said:

I will take a beating for this and probably well deserved but  am I the only one on this planet who does not like wings?

Just too much work with little benefit. I know you can go boneless, but I just don't get it.

Pound away.

I'm with you.  

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Trotter said:

I will take a beating for this and probably well deserved but  am I the only one on this planet who does not like wings?

Just too much work with little benefit. I know you can go boneless, but I just don't get it.

Pound away.

You sound like my kids.

Boneless wings are useless. Got to eat the wings with bones to unleash your inner caveman.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, hotrodcharlie said:

I enjoyed the pictures and wing talk but Sauce Gardner can’t cover Tyreek Hill.

For one he plays outside zone coverage mostly and Tyreek Hill moves all over the field.

And secondly, it’s just a bad matchup, he would get burned by Hill and/or called with a lot of penalties. 

-

Hill needs to be double teamed and followed around by a guy like Michael Carter II. Sauce takes Waddle when he’s on the outside, a formidable challenge in it’s own right 

I dont think anyone is expecting Sauce to cover him on an island. Whoever covers Hill, will get safety help.

Hill went for 10/160 against the Bengals and Fins scored 15 points. Hill will get his. Doesnt mean it’s an auto win.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Trotter said:

A little strong - no?

I mean it is not as though I said wings don't even come close to properly prepared Eggplant Parm which by the way is true.

Well, I cant ask you be removed from Merica!  Lol, I'm kidding Trotter.  I dont care if you dont like the most delicious treat on the planet. 

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Well, I cant ask you be removed from Merica!  Lol, I'm kidding Trotter.  I dont care if you dont like the most delicious treat on the planet. 

I know you are as I am doing the same.

Just trying to keep things a bit light since it is Tues before a home game and this place will start to get real salty. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Trotter said:

Pound away.

Madness. What work? You bite chicken off a bone? Do people wipe your ass for you as well? 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Trotter said:

Pound away.

Nope, with you 100%.

Boneless Tenders/Wings all the way.  All the flavor, more of the crispy breading, all of the nooks for sauce.  No hassle.  I don't see a downside.

Well, they get cold faster, that's a downside I suppose.

• Upvote 1

I'm just running some numbers here concerning TOP and punts, looking for some telling stats:

In the Jets two wins against Cleveland and Pittsburgh, TOP  pretty much even against Pitt but Jets had possession for36 minutes against Cleveland (and still needed a miracle to win); in the two losses, TOP against Cincy was 29 minutes minutes for the Jets, and was even against Baltimore. So the Jets are 1-1 when the TOP is about even, but is also 1-1 in games where the opponent has possession for 36 minutes, or more. How to explain this anomaly? Jets were forced to punt the ball 6 times against Baltimore, But against Cincy the Jets were forced to punt only 3 times. 

Now, looking at Miami, there only loss was to a team that also beat the Jets, the Bengals. Miami punted only 3 times in that game, and the TOP was about 3 minutes in Cincy's favor. Total yards and total plays, almost identical. But the final score, 27-15 does not reflect the evenness of those stats. The difference? 3rd down efficiency. Miami moved the chains on 3rd down only twice in ten tries. The Bengals? 8-10!  Cincy had twice as many penalty yards (still won).  But here's the money stat: Dolphins tossed two interceptions and Cincy, none. 

Our other loss came against Baltimore. Let's look how Miami did against them: 7-11 on 3rd down conversions, over 500 total yards (!) on offense,  averaged 4.8 YPC, sacked only once, no fumbles or INT's, and TOP was 35 minutes. They were forced to punt just twice. 

They layed a beating to Baltimore, who also lost to the Bills. 

To beat the Dolphins, the Jets have to do something they haven't done yet this season, play mistake free. No dumb INT's or fumbles, and no 15 yard penalties on defense. You do any favors for Miami, and they will make you pay. 

Miami isn't Pittsburgh. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, BeaconJet said:

Boneless wings shouldnt be allowed to be called wings. Call them what they are... tenders, or glorified chicken nuggets,

Ok.  

Also, describing a quality tender as a "chicken nugget" makes me weep for your eating experiences.

16 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Wings are absurd. You’re a grown man sitting there with your face and hands covered in red sauce, dropping food waste into a disgusting cardboard bowl on a table that’s also covered in your sauce. Just admit that you want to be four years old again eating McNuggets while your mom wipes the ketchup off your face, you arrested development-ass creep. 

raw

3 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I disagree.  Miami is average at best.  They beat the Patriots(who stink) and were outplayed in their last 3 games.  This is a 1-3 team with a 3-1 record.

There are no excuses for us not to take this team behind the woodshed and convincingly beat them.  We are at home and they are w/o their qb.

This is the game boys.  We are going to thoroughly beat this team.

I just want to mess your hair. 

• Haha 1

So with the heavy implications of division standings between both teams, Miami playing its effective (but non-formidable) backup QB, the Season debut for Wilson in front of home fans, and possible winning streak in like forever, will this game have strong home crowd attendance? 

will Jets fans show up to support the team at home?

27 minutes ago, 92ShaunEllis92 said:

So with the heavy implications of division standings between both teams, Miami playing its effective (but non-formidable) backup QB, the Season debut for Wilson in front of home fans, and possible winning streak in like forever, will this game have strong home crowd attendance? 

will Jets fans show up to support the team at home?

you would hope so but alot of fans sell their tickets at the beginning of the season and fans like the fins who have a pretty large presence in the metro area scoop them up.

Still seats out there but I would expect 20% or so to be fins fans.

• Upvote 1

Vegan wings are the way to go. 

3 hours ago, Warfish said:

Nope, with you 100%.

Boneless Tenders/Wings all the way.  All the flavor, more of the crispy breading, all of the nooks for sauce.  No hassle.  I don't see a downside.

Well, they get cold faster, that's a downside I suppose.

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Wings are absurd. You’re a grown man sitting there with your face and hands covered in red sauce, dropping food waste into a disgusting cardboard bowl on a table that’s also covered in your sauce. Just admit that you want to be four years old again eating McNuggets while your mom wipes the ketchup off your face, you arrested development-ass creep. 

I'm with this. Vegan wings are class. As Fist said, all of the flavor, more of the crispy breading, all of the nooks for sauce. Comes to you on an actual plate with a fork. Stab it and dunk it in chunky bleu cheese dressing to avoid the neanderthal mess.  

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Not all of us work under the bright lights of Broadway, Tom.  Not all of us get to eat hors d'oeuvres of foie gras and caviar.  Some of us dream of the mini beef wellington's you snack on on game day.  A shrimp skewer?  Not us.  We'll never have that class.  But we can have two things, an inexpensive snack dressed in boundless flavors, and with the assistance of a complimentary moist towelette, our dignity.  And sir, I thank you to spare us both.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, ZachEY said:

Not all of us work under the bright lights of Broadway, Tom.  Not all of us get to eat hors d'oeuvres of foie gras and caviar.  Some of us dream of the mini beef wellington's you snack on on game day.  A shrimp skewer?  Not us.  We'll never have that class.  But we can have two things, an inexpensive snack in a boundless flavors, and with the assistance of a complimentary moist towelette, our dignity.  And sir, I thank you to spare us both.

??