Quinnen Williams is a beast

AFJF

29 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Imagine having a guy you could turn into your own Cam Jordan or Aaron Donald, and pivotal fixture that any DC can build the rest of the defense around… then imagine having one coaching staff that cannot, because the rotation idealism >>>> the reality in front of them. 

Not even asking for Aaron Donald playing time numbers, just give me 70% of the time. Quinnen played 61% of the snaps yesterday. Like wut??

Q in the middle prevents the QB from stepping up to avoid the outside pass rush. But with no outside pass rush, QBs don't really have to step up into Q's kill zone very often. Jermaine Johnson had a nice sack yesterday, but w/o a consistent threat of a good/great pass rusher, Q's contributions are muted. 

But anyway, just take the money we have for Q and add to that the money we no longer plan on paying Mount Becton. Win Win! Q gets paid, Becton goes hungry like a school boy who's had his lunch money stolen from him

Q is a real handful. I hope we can keep him and his brother around  in the future. Saw him in the post game presser. I don't know whether he was still amped up or just nervous , but he's one of the fastest talkers I ever heard. Instead of commas and period in sentences, he uses the word "man". I love his attitude and although not the most eloquent speakers , he gave all the right answers, and plays like a beast till the whistle. I consider him our leader on defense, not Mosley.

3 hours ago, ZachEY said:

Maury, I love you.  But if you watched that hour and 33 minute video from a guy who's sitting in a dark room on a rocking chair he inherited when his grandmother died... I have questions.

I'm too busy working on estate plans to watch those videos anymore. 

40 minutes ago, sheastadiumjetfan said:

Q will need to get paid. He's proven himself to be an old school JET player who gives his best 100 percent of the time. We cant keep letting our drafted home ground talent leave our team. We will need to Franchise him at the very least.

Would love Washington State LB Daiyan Henley.  Just started a thread about him in the draft forum.  Converted WR who can run like hell and a big hitter.  Has gone from a virtually ignored to playing like a round 1 talent early on.

17 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

I was totally all in with Darnold and he was a disaster.  I need to see more before feeling comfortable feeling we have a guy that deserves  and extention.  Yesterday was a step. He needs to keep progressing. 

I bought the Fool’s Gold that were Darnold’s last 4 games of his rookie year (Had Aaron Rodgers beat with no team around him, also Houston’s top ranked D, highest QBR in the league those 4 games).  I rarely do that with a QB because I always look for the limitations that will negate any long play off runs or play off appearances at all.  I wasn’t a fan of any of the Jet QB’s pre Darnold over about a 20 year span.

The league caught up to Darnold quickly.  Kid was/is “Slow Motion”, he’ll be more than happy on a California beach next year with all his bank.  If some sucker team will pay him for another year to hold a clipboard, he’ll gladly do that.

Zach Wilson has NO LIMITATIONS.  It’s ok for you to become a fan.

5 hours ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

I bought the Fool’s Gold that were Darnold’s last 4 games of his rookie year (Had Aaron Rodgers beat with no team around him, also Houston’s top ranked D, highest QBR in the league those 4 games).  I rarely do that with a QB because I always look for the limitations that will negate any long play off runs or play off appearances at all.  I wasn’t a fan of any of the Jet QB’s pre Darnold over about a 20 year span.

The league caught up to Darnold quickly.  Kid was/is “Slow Motion”, he’ll be more than happy on a California beach next year with all his bank.  If some sucker team will pay him for another year to hold a clipboard, he’ll gladly do that.

Zach Wilson has NO LIMITATIONS.  It’s ok for you to become a fan.

Right now I am rooting for him which is like a 180 for from waiting for him to implode.  

On 10/3/2022 at 7:12 AM, Irish Jet said:

He is. Still can't pay what he'll be after imo. Especially with this coaching staff.

I don’t get why we shouldn’t pay our best defensive player what he’s worth.  Because we want to field a defense that sucks up the middle?

11 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I don’t get why we shouldn’t pay our best defensive player what he’s worth.  Because we want to field a defense that sucks up the middle?

I don't get why people are so concerned about Woody's checkbook in a league where salary cap has rarely ever been a problem.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, nycdan said:

I don't get why people are so concerned about Woody's checkbook in a league where salary cap has rarely ever been a problem.

Maybe not, but in a world where cap management matters, I just think it would be a misallocation.  And I blame that on the current DT market.  You look at that chart you posted above and its mind-boggling to think that up until Aaron Donald signed his extenstion in June, he was only making a few million more per year than Leonard Williams and DeForest Buckner.

If it weren't for the top-end DT contracts (after Donald) being so bloated I could probably be talked into an extension for QW.  As it stands its hard to justify, even if he continues to play well.

• Thumb Down 1

49 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Maybe not, but in a world where cap management matters, I just think it would be a misallocation.  And I blame that on the current DT market.  You look at that chart you posted above and its mind-boggling to think that up until Aaron Donald signed his extenstion in June, he was only making a few million more per year than Leonard Williams and DeForest Buckner.

If it weren't for the top-end DT contracts (after Donald) being so bloated I could probably be talked into an extension for QW.  As it stands its hard to justify, even if he continues to play well.

Okay.  But when the Jets are allowing 130 rushing YPG next year, you can stroke all that cap room to console yourself.  

Or we can pay our best players and contend.

I used to worry more about the cap.  I'm very much a numbers/strategy guy, but having watched good teams dance around the edge for the last few years and still have great seasons, I have decided that winning games seems more important to me.

I hope JD can sign him. 

Q is playing his best ball this year.  IMO...he's on a Pro Bowl 10+ sack season pace. 

His bro Quincey plays here...got his opportunity to start here.  So Q may want to also continue Bleeding Green...and play out his career here. 

Big game coming up this Sunday against the Dolphins.  Can't imagine Jets having a good chance to beat them without Q and what he's bringing this year.   Saleh-Ulbrich know very well DL success in this game...or for the season...depends a lot on Q's play. 

Go get Teddy Q baby!       

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, nycdan said:

Okay.  But when the Jets are allowing 130 rushing YPG next year, you can stroke all that cap room to console yourself.  

Or we can pay our best players and contend.

I used to worry more about the cap.  I'm very much a numbers/strategy guy, but having watched good teams dance around the edge for the last few years and still have great seasons, I have decided that winning games seems more important to me.

It shouldn't require spending $21M a year on a DT to be able to be decent against the run.

If QW continues to rush the passer well then I'll be more open to it.  It'd also be nice to see QW play more like 70-75 % of the snaps rather than the 61  % he played last week.  

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

It shouldn't require spending $21M a year on a DT to be able to be decent against the run.

If QW continues to rush the passer well then I'll be more open to it.  It'd also be nice to see QW play more like 70-75 % of the snaps rather than the 61  % he played last week.  

Totally agreed.  It may take him yelling at the coaches in the 4th quarter and refusing to come off the field for that to happen.  I'd be all for it if he did though.

• Upvote 1

On 10/3/2022 at 5:01 AM, AFJF said:

He plays for the Jets.  He's young.  He's good.  When these three things are in place, we must seek out other players who play the same position and claim that player is better, and our guy is a bust.  Those are the rules.

Ryan Gosling Clap GIF