Mangold dunks on Patriots and Portnoy

AFJF

5 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I actually gave them a lot of credit being able to take GB to OT with their third string QB

Yeah no kidding. It’s frightening how well coached their defense is. Especially after watching ours play first. Yet, even more shocking to see how bad Aaron Rodgers has become. Yikes! 

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Yeah no kidding. It’s frightening how well coached their defense is. Especially after watching ours play first. Yet, even more shocking to see how bad Aaron Rodgers has become. Yikes! 

He did also throw a perfect 40+ TD pass with a few minutes left that the WR dropped.

Week 1 he threw a 75 yarder the WR dropped.   2 passes, and extra 120 yards and 2 TDs and his stats look better.

He also looks like a world class douche.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, chirorob said:

He did also throw a perfect 40+ TD pass with a few minutes left that the WR dropped.

Week 1 he threw a 75 yarder the WR dropped.   2 passes, and extra 120 yards and 2 TDs and his stats look better.

Yes, not sure Jet fans understand this.

NFL QB have tough stretches - it's the way it is.  The great ones settle in a find ways to win.

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

That's  the thing. The Pats evolved from a passing team to a running team. GB defense is not bad and they were running almost at will. 

Yep; the advantage of a strong OL. The problem is that while a good running game can keep a team in most games when coupled with a strong D, it isn't a winning formula. That is, you can beat poor and good teams, it will never get you wins against a great team - so you can win 6-9 games, but won't win you the big games against strong passing teams.

The news up here is - hey there is not such thing as a moral victory, but the team can hold their heads high (moral victory). The reality is that NE is not a playoff team even with Mac healthy. BB is going through a rebuild without calling it a rebuild.

57 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Yeah but to be fair to Rodgers, this year he is throwing to WRs and TEs that make what Fields has in CHI look experienced.  Rodgers has always managed to elevate nobodies in the past so I wouldn't write him off just yet.  He still might have the most beautiful pass in the NFL.  Of course, this season, he might just be throwing to the rainbow unicorns that only he sees so there's that...

Mangold is one of the great Jets ever.  It would be easy to dismiss his past here since we're a historically losing organization.  I love how he still represents the Jets with pride though.  It will be so great one day if and when the Jets finally do win it all.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, chirorob said:

So easy to root against I prefer to ignore any signs it has to do with his supporting class. Rather act as if he’s falling of the cliff into the abyss of NFL has-been. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, nycdan said:

Yeah but to be fair to Rodgers, this year he is throwing to WRs and TEs that make what Fields has in CHI look experienced.  Rodgers has always managed to elevate nobodies in the past so I wouldn't write him off just yet.  He still might have the most beautiful pass in the NFL.  Of course, this season, he might just be throwing to the rainbow unicorns that only he sees so there's that...

Haha 

Just now, The Crusher said:

So easy to root against I prefer to ignore any signs it has to do with his supporting class. Rather act as if he’s falling of the cliff into the abyss of NFL has-been. 

I know, but comfortable ignoring that for  now. 

2 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

Haha 

I know, but comfortable ignoring that for  now. 

Speaking of psychadelics, Crusher is now replying to his own posts...

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

The Jets defense has given up a field goal more than the Pats have so far this season. 

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

Just like anyone else Rodgers has to get used to his receivers who are a big down grade from last year. Rodgers didn't fall off a cliff in one offseason and just like Brady we have seen this before, you know , how bad they are playing then they end up in the MVP conversation.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Smashmouth said:

Just like anyone else Rodgers has to get used to his receivers who are a big down grade from last year. Rodgers didn't fall off a cliff in one offseason and just like Brady we have seen this before, you know , how bad they are playing then they end up in the MVP conversation.

Maybe.