Kinda feel bad for these DB's...kinda

AFJF

The guys who have to try to keep tabs on Elijah Moore.  Not the first dude to lose his feet and won't be the last.  

Don't let lack of fantasy football production fool you.  Moore's got it.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Ben Had said:

Steelers' Minkah Fitzpatrick: 'It's frustrating losing to people that you know that you're better than' (nfl.com)

It’s good that’s Minka feels the Jets beat a good team. More hope for us. I am not so sure the Steelers were that good. But win on the road is good vs any team, in my book. Especially when your QB has not seen live action in 6 or 7 weeks.  

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

It’s good that’s Minka feels the Jets beat a good team. More hope for us. I am not so sure the Steelers were that good. But win on the road is good vs any team, in my book. Especially when your about has not seen live action in 6 or 7 weeks.  

Please, the Steelers D is good, the O was a horror show yesterday. 4 pick, 3 in the second half. 

1 minute ago, More Cowbell said:

Please, the Steelers D is good, the O was a horror show yesterday. 4 pick, 3 in the second half. 

The Steelers looked like a composite  of the Jets for the past 20 years. A team that has some decent players in a few key positions, but not at the QB. I don’t know what Pickett will be in the NFL, but he can’t be worse that Trubisky.

Give the Jets credit, they won a game in the 4th quarter on the road, which is something in the NFL. That makes it twice they have shown that resiliency. 

Now it is up to them if they want to parlay that into something more.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

The Steelers looked like a composite  of the Jets for the past 20 years. A team that has some decent players in a few key positions, but not at the QB. I don’t know what Pickett will be in the NFL, but he can’t be worse that Trubisky.

Give the Jets credit, they won a game in the 4th quarter on the road, which is something in the NFL. That makes it twice they have shown that resiliency. 

Now it is up to them if they want to parlay that into something more.  

I think this is great stuff for the CS to motivate players with

11 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I think this is great stuff for the CS to motivate players with

It can be. I am unsure if Saleh is that guy. I really hope (and I hope we are all hoping), that he is that guy. This is something that can be built off from, if you send the right message  and can fix the problems. Football is one sport, more than any other that can have a cascading effect by some strong finishes. But good leadership needs to develop that mentality.  

10 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

It can be. I am unsure if Saleh is that guy. I really hope (and I hope we are all hoping), that he is that guy. This is something that can be built off from, if you send the right message  and can fix the problems. Football is one sport, more than any other that can have a cascading effect by some strong finishes. But good leadership needs to develop that mentality.  

This should be low hanging fruit for Saleh. If he can't  use this as a motivational  tool, he needs to fired immediately.  

• Upvote 1

Maybe it's me but Moore seems always open and I think him and it seems him and Zach leave a little to be desired from a timing standpoint.  I feel Zach is always a little late on his targets to him but it might just be a matter of understanding each other but the timing seems slightly off between those two.  

5 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Maybe it's me but Moore seems always open and I think him and it seems him and Zach leave a little to be desired from a timing standpoint.  I feel Zach is always a little late on his targets to him but it might just be a matter of understanding each other but the timing seems slightly off between those two.  

I believe that all young QB’s have a “security” blanket in receivers that they are in tune with and comfortable with and trust with a mind meld. Last year with ZW it appeared to be Berrios. 

The good ones expand that comfort level and spread the ball around. It was nice to see Davis start to have a great impact with this team. We all feel what G Wilson can be. Moore can also be a big part of this.

This may be the most talented WR group across the board I have ever seen as a Jet fan. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Honestly, I wasn't  impressed with Pickett at all. 

I agree with you on that. I was more impressed with the coaching because Pickett was set up so that he didn't have to make many big throws at all, and we saw what happened when he did. I do feel like the Pitt offense felt more alive with him rather than Trubisky though.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, JiFapono said:

Probably true but there was great timing on the route linked above, and timing will come from increased game reps. 

23 minutes ago, Hex said:

I agree with you on that. I was more impressed with the coaching because Pickett was set up so that he didn't have to make many big throws at all, and we saw what happened when he did. I do feel like the Pitt offense felt more alive with him rather than Trubisky though.

I think that was a fan thing and the way the announcers were talking about him. I saw no difference really and the players probably preferred  Trubisky to stay in since he took all the first team reps.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I think that was a fan thing and the way the announcers were talking about him. I saw no difference really and the players probably preferred  Trubisky to stay in since he took all the first team reps.

That's a good point I didn't think of.