Joe C and Connor - ZW Ice Water throws

15 minutes ago, PolarBear said:

Didn’t realize this-Zach missed a busted coverage to Corey Davis on the big gainer to Garrett.

Hindsight is 20/20, but it ended up working in the Jets favor. If Davis scores there Pitt has plenty of time left on the clock. 

Oof.  I've always wanted to be able to watch the aerial view on TV but I feel like things like this would drive me nuts.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

So now we want Zach to hesitate, come off his primary open read, and look across to the other side of the field because Davis happened to be more open? 

Yes?  FYI That’s a QB’s job.  Wilson was open for a potential TD on Zach’s first pick as well.

Also Wilson really was not that open, just a perfect throw from Zach.  Nothing wrong with wanting him to take the easy completions.  If he “hesitates” by merely looking to the other side then he needs to go through his reads at a faster pace.

• WTF? 4

48 minutes ago, PolarBear said:

Didn’t realize this-Zach missed a busted coverage to Corey Davis on the big gainer to Garrett.

Hindsight is 20/20, but it ended up working in the Jets favor. If Davis scores there Pitt has plenty of time left on the clock. 

I love that Davis is so open that he's got his hands on his head when he sees Zach going the other way. All's well that ends well, obviously, but he has to start seeing those easy ones more often.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

I love that Davis is so open that he's got his hands on his head when he sees Zach going the other way. All's well that ends well, obviously, but he has to start seeing those easy ones more often.

Look at the pocket he had to throw from.  He's lucky to have gotten any pass off.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I noticed a few of those yesterday.  Despite his inconsistent performance, those were the "flashes" that I was looking for.  Plus the body language was good.  Zach didn't mope and didn't lose confidence.  When things looked bleak in the 4th quarter things just "clicked" for him and he turned the game around.

Yesterday was encouraging.

I agree with most of your post however I just dont see the inconsistancy. His stats were not great in part because he was making positive plays with his legs avoiding multiple sacks and throwing the ball away. I can remember at least 5 throws he put into the stands avoinding disasterous sacks. 

• Upvote 2

That was his best throw of the day and exactly what I'd like to see more of from him. Find space in the pocket and just let it rip, instead of running around. It's by far the most frustrating aspect of his game and what most causes me to doubt him. It's what Geno used to do, and what Darnold started doing that made me realize they weren't going to work. He looked like an actual NFL QB in that fourth quarter, and hopefully it's something he can build on.

1 hour ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

So now we want Zach to hesitate, come off his primary open read, and look across to the other side of the field because Davis happened to be more open? 

Seriously, let's just start with the kid completing some big time throws before we graduate to "he needs to make the perfect throw every attempt"

• Sympathy 1

9 hours ago, 56mehl56 said:

Did you see how much time he had to make his throws yesterday. At one point I thought the Steelers Dline was playing RB for the Jets. Hard to scan the field and go thru progressions when you have constant pressure in your face. 

Thank you!

Don't people see this as well.  ZW was pressured an incredible number of times.  He just didn't have time to go through his second or third reads

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, dbatesman said:

Do you know who was Zach's first read on that play?  Because if it's GW, and he thinks he can get it to him, Zach isn't even going to look for anyone else.  I'm certain he's taught that if he feels his first read is open or 'doable' then take it, especially behind  makeshift OL.  It's not like he's looking at all his options first and then hitting the most wide open guy.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

13 hours ago, greenwave81 said:

Do you know who was Zach's first read on that play?  Because if it's GW, and he thinks he can get it to him, Zach isn't even going to look for anyone else.  I'm certain he's taught that if he feels his first read is open or 'doable' then take it, especially behind  makeshift OL.  It's not like he's looking at all his options first and then hitting the most wide open guy.

Good point!

• Upvote 1

On 10/3/2022 at 9:43 AM, Darnold's Forehead said:

Yes?  FYI That’s a QB’s job.  Wilson was open for a potential TD on Zach’s first pick as well.

Also Wilson really was not that open, just a perfect throw from Zach.  Nothing wrong with wanting him to take the easy completions.  If he “hesitates” by merely looking to the other side then he needs to go through his reads at a faster pace.

You’re actually whining about a huge play that was made, a great throw that kept the drive alive because you think ZW might have been able to see Davis on the other side of the field.

You hate Zach Wilson, we get it.  

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

On 10/3/2022 at 10:12 AM, Copernicus said:

I agree with most of your post however I just dont see the inconsistancy. His stats were not great in part because he was making positive plays with his legs avoiding multiple sacks and throwing the ball away. I can remember at least 5 throws he put into the stands avoinding disasterous sacks. 

Really?  How about the underthrow to Breece in (I think) the 1st quarter on what could've been a TD?  He also made an awful throw (IIRC, to around the right hashmark maybe 1-2 yards down the field) to GW at one point where he led him instead of throwing it to him.  It easily could've been picked but luckily it wasn't.  I also recall him throwing behind a WR in the 4th quarter.  And while I have to see it again, I thought Zach was to blame on an INT that most people on here were saying the receiver should've caught the ball (I think it was Conklin).  I might be wrong on that one but it certainly wasn't a good throw.  He also had a pass in the 4th quarter where he made a side arm throw that went right to the Steeler defender (I think Minkah Fitzpatrick).  I think the Steeler was surprised that the ball was thrown right at him so he dropped it.  But it would've been a very ugly play and would've ruined the comeback.

But despite the above, I was very happy with what I saw from Zach.  He definitely showed flashes and he generally played very well in the 4th quarter.  Certainly it was something to build on for the this week.  I'm looking forward to seeing him against Miami.  I'm hoping for a much crisper game from him and potentially a breakout game.  If not now then hopefully in the next few weeks.

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Really?  How about the underthrow to Breece in (I think) the 1st quarter on what could've been a TD?  He also made an awful throw (IIRC, to around the right hashmark maybe 1-2 yards down the field) to GW at one point where he led him instead of throwing it to him.  It easily could've been picked but luckily it wasn't.  I also recall him throwing behind a WR in the 4th quarter.  And while I have to see it again, I thought Zach was to blame on an INT that most people on here were saying the receiver should've caught the ball (I think it was Conklin).  I might be wrong on that one but it certainly wasn't a good throw.  He also had a pass in the 4th quarter where he made a side arm throw that went right to the Steeler defender (I think Minkah Fitzpatrick).  I think the Steeler was surprised that the ball was thrown right at him so he dropped it.  But it would've been a very ugly play and would've ruined the comeback.

But despite the above, I was very happy with what I saw from Zach.  He definitely showed flashes and he generally played very well in the 4th quarter.  Certainly it was something to build on for the this week.  I'm looking forward to seeing him against Miami.  I'm hoping for a much crisper game from him and potentially a breakout game.  If not now then hopefully in the next few weeks.

Yes, the under throw to Breece, would have been a great catch, but ok, I will agree it was behind him . The other two you mention make that a total of posibly 3. The INT off Conklin's hands has to be caught, it was a little high but very catchable. Cant expect Zach to be perfect, he needs his teammates to bail him out once in awhile and it rarely seems to happen 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, greenwave81 said:

It amazes me people still don't understand how these offenses work.  This offense especially..It is based on precise timing...everyone has to be exactly where they're supposed to be - at the exact right time....

First read is open it should go to the first read every time.  That's the play call - the play is designed to get him open.  Second read - should go to him every time - if the first read isn't open...ect.

Which is why this takes a long time to learn and get good at....you have to know where your targets are - at any specific moment - and know where each defender is at any specific moment.  This sh*t just takes time to learn - it's not easy.

Guys that have better #1 WR's usually end up better early, because that first read is open a lot.  Get Zach some time and he's going to pick teams apart - because the weapons are there.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

You’re actually whining about a huge play that was made, a great throw that kept the drive alive because you think ZW might have been able to see Davis on the other side of the field.

You hate Zach Wilson, we get it.  

Lmao.  I literally said it was a perfect throw.  I’m not “whining”, merely pointing out that Zach should hit the wide open receiver for a TD (not the only time he’s missed this.)  So you’re saying you don’t want him to do that?  I don’t know wtf you’re rooting for then, but it’s certainly not the Jets.

You’re a Zach cuck, we get it.  Get his d*ck out of your mouth please.

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

Lmao.  I literally said it was a perfect throw.  I’m not “whining”, merely pointing out that Zach should hit the wide open receiver for a TD (not the only time he’s missed this.)  So you’re saying you don’t want him to do that?  I don’t know wtf you’re rooting for then, but it’s certainly not the Jets.

You’re a Zach cuck, we get it.  Get his d*ck out of your mouth please.

You’re taking about an secondary receiver on a vid of a great play and pass.  I’m literally saying he went to his primary receiver and had no reason to look at anyone else.  I’ll also say this, what you see from that high overhead view is not what you see from field level in the pocket.  Throw in you have no idea that would have gone for an TD.  And for that reason hate the he didn’t see the open receiver posts.   Happens all the time to everyone