Jets ESPN radio call by Bob Wischusen

AFJF

34 minutes ago, Sammybighead said:

Always thought Bob has one of the best voices and styles in the business. Absolutely a pleasure listening to him call games.

he does quite a bit of college as well.

Last week I was watching the UNC game on sat night and he was calling the game. IT ended around 10pm or so in NC so he has to hop a plane and get to nj to do the jet game at 1pm

The radio feed is the only way I get to follow the games live-ish - that is when my NFL+ package is actually working. I did get TV coverage for the last couple of minutes, but i kept the radio broadcast on as I enjoy the commentator more - it is about 30+ seconds behind the TV feed - NFL+ just is not a good streaming service.

Thanks for posting...

• WTF? 1

2 hours ago, Trotter said:

Wischusen does a nice job - and so does Papa.

The radio broadcast for both ny teams if far superior to the announcers they get on the broadcast.. Exception if Ian is doing a jet game but that is rare lately.

Almost all the non main CBS/FOX are absolutely atrocious. They dont watch the teams outside of when they call the games, and it shows.

• Upvote 1

One of my other gripes with the lame 1 pm games....STOP CUTTTING AWAY TO HIGHLIGHTS FROM OTHER GAMES.

Show ******* replays and other angles. Jesus this is annoying. The night games and the 4 pm main game have constant replays and other camera angles. The Jets at 1 they sometimes dont even show penalties. Just so damn annoying.

2 hours ago, Trotter said:

Wischusen does a nice job - and so does Papa.

The radio broadcast for both ny teams if far superior to the announcers they get on the broadcast.. Exception if Ian is doing a jet game but that is rare lately.

I've always loved Wischusen's radio voice for the games.  Love when he gets revved up. 

• Upvote 3

39 minutes ago, Ruby2 said:

Almost all the non main CBS/FOX are absolutely atrocious. They dont watch the teams outside of when they call the games, and it shows.

They were just unabashedly rooting for the Steelers yesterday and desperately wanted the "story" to be Pickett but the story was Zach. And the Jets

6 hours ago, Ruby2 said:

One of my other gripes with the lame 1 pm games....STOP CUTTTING AWAY TO HIGHLIGHTS FROM OTHER GAMES.

Show ******* replays and other angles. Jesus this is annoying. The night games and the 4 pm main game have constant replays and other camera angles. The Jets at 1 they sometimes dont even show penalties. Just so damn annoying.

This was the complaint in our house.

The only option was to rewind, and then hulu skips certain spots sometimes when you do, so there are plays we couldn't re-watch even after it was halftime.

There were a few noteworthy plays like that, where you wonder what happened (other than them telling you, but if that's all I need then why am I watching instead of refreshing the nfl.com box score?). But they had to get camera shots of guys standing on the sideline, a random fan here or there, and of course how many seconds of Pickett walking onto the field instead of re-showing a fumble.

Like this play right before the half. 

2Q - 0:12 - 1st&10 - PIT 44 - Mitchell Trubisky pass incomplete short middle intended for Pat Freiermuth (defended by C.J. Mosley)

At first glance it looked like an interception went right through Mosley's hands. No replay because they instead showed...nothing important at all. Next play was the Whitehead pick called back because of Lawson's late hit, followed by that crazy-long FG. Should it have been picked off, or was it really kinda out of reach & he was lucky just to get a finger on it? I don't know because they didn't show it again & slow it down, let alone from another angle. 

Another where the replay of something requiring small detail was the one that went through Conklin's hands. Was it as bad as it seemed? I don't know because instead of a re-showing of the pass/pick we got a birds-eye shot that looked like it was a camera mounted on a blimp. (Stepping out on the pick return was also worth showing again, and they did, but that was only half the play). 

There was more than that, too. 

I can get past the announcers not being happy Jets homers, but the TV coverage wasn't good.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, dbatesman said:

I wish these officials would get their heads out of their asses. Having to wait like three minutes for them to confirm that the play we all knew was a TD was in fact a TD really sucked the excitement out of the moment.

I thought the officiating was very good.

Impossible to get everything right, but the crew yesterday was close.

8 hours ago, bostonmajet said:

The radio feed is the only way I get to follow the games live-ish - that is when my NFL+ package is actually working. I did get TV coverage for the last couple of minutes, but i kept the radio broadcast on as I enjoy the commentator more - it is about 30+ seconds behind the TV feed - NFL+ just is not a good streaming service.

Thanks for posting...

Why would you pay for that?

I can't get the Jet games any other way. When I am around on Sundays, which is rare, I can listen to the Jet game while watching another. Then I can watch the replay at night. Of course, that is assuming the NFL+ stream is working. It took about 7 minutes to get the radio to work, and then last night the video stream wouldn't work. Had to use their crappy chat bot to register a problem - finally fixed this afternoon.

14 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

This was the complaint in our house.

The only option was to rewind, and then hulu skips certain spots sometimes when you do, so there are plays we couldn't re-watch even after it was halftime.

There were a few noteworthy plays like that, where you wonder what happened (other than them telling you, but if that's all I need then why am I watching instead of refreshing the nfl.com box score?). But they had to get camera shots of guys standing on the sideline, a random fan here or there, and of course how many seconds of Pickett walking onto the field instead of re-showing a fumble.

Like this play right before the half. 

2Q - 0:12 - 1st&10 - PIT 44 - Mitchell Trubisky pass incomplete short middle intended for Pat Freiermuth (defended by C.J. Mosley)

At first glance it looked like an interception went right through Mosley's hands. No replay because they instead showed...nothing important at all. Next play was the Whitehead pick called back because of Lawson's late hit, followed by that crazy-long FG. Should it have been picked off, or was it really kinda out of reach & he was lucky just to get a finger on it? I don't know because they didn't show it again & slow it down, let alone from another angle. 

Another where the replay of something requiring small detail was the one that went through Conklin's hands. Was it as bad as it seemed? I don't know because instead of a re-showing of the pass/pick we got a birds-eye shot that looked like it was a camera mounted on a blimp. (Stepping out on the pick return was also worth showing again, and they did, but that was only half the play). 

There was more than that, too. 

I can get past the announcers not being happy Jets homers, but the TV coverage wasn't good.

I wonder if this weeks game is the prime CBS game, it really might be lmao. Steelers/Bills or Chargers/Browns only competition there imo matchup wise. Would hope its a bit better if that's the case.

Urghhh looking now CBS has 49ers Panthers in the 4:05 slot. They usually like the 4pm to be theire main game but surely they cant go with that right? who knows, they do love the 9ers for some reason.

Double urgh...fox has 4:25 Cowboys Rams which def will be there main game, wonder if Romo and Nantz do take one of the three 1pm's mentioned... we will know tomorrow.