ROY Mr. Sauce Gardner

Bronx

40 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Woody should buy Nick Caserio a car or something for the great service he did for the Jets this year.

Interesting thought exercise.  What would the Jets have done if the draft went Walker, Hutchinson, Sauce?

I hear they did not have Thibodeaux rated highly.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, WhartonJet said:

Interesting thought exercise.  What would the Jets have done if the draft went Walker, Hutchinson, Sauce?

I hear they did not have Thibodeaux rated highly.  

The rumors were Ekwonu was next.  As much as we need OT help now, I'm glad things worked out the way they did.

• Upvote 4

He looks like the best rookie we have ever drafted.  Against top flight receivers and going stride for stride like he was in their pocket.  No PIs either I don't believe which is incredibly impressive for a rookie.  I acknowledge the air tackles but this is a passing league so I for one really don't care.  The next tackle Deion Sanders makes will be his first and he skated into the HOF.  Extremely happy this kid is a Jet.

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I was thinking about this as well.  Has anyone followed Stingley or have PFF grades, etc?

Stingley is the 11th rated rookie at 45.5 for corners with at least 70 snaps played.  Sauce is 3rd at 71.1.  Top two are NE rookie Jack Jones (88.5) and Dolphins rookie Kader Kohou, an UDFA out of Texas A&M (77.6).

Edited by AFJF

1 minute ago, AFJF said:

Stingley is the 11th rated rookie at 45.5 for corners with at least 70 snaps played.  Sauce is 3rd at 71.1.  Top two are NE rookie Jack Jones (88.5) and Dolphins rookie Kader Kohou (77.6).

I've never heard of either but of course they're in our division.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I've never heard of either but of course they're in our division.

I watched a little bit of Jones pre-draft and thought he looked alright.  Don't recall seeing Kohou at any point.

1 minute ago, HighPitch said:

i noticed that too

TBH I stopped asking that question about five years ago.  It feels like guys get flagged for not locating the ball about 1 out of every 500 times it could/should be called.  

5 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Stingley is the 11th rated rookie at 45.5 for corners with at least 70 snaps played.  Sauce is 3rd at 71.1.  Top two are NE rookie Jack Jones (88.5) and Dolphins rookie Kader Kohou, an UDFA out of Texas A&M (77.6).

There should be some more credit for Sauce who plays for "special" Ulbrich and those two dudes who play for the mad genius bellicheck.

2 hours ago, Steveg said:

Does anyone else wonder how he gets away without turning his head for the ball?

Because in those instances he reads the receivers eyes and gets his long arms in between the receivers to often deflect or knock the ball loose.  He has great reflexes and reaction time. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

This was easy money from the second we picked him. He was an instant star and by the end of the year, his name will be in the same bucket as the best CBs in football

I said before the season that if Sauce isn't a stud, just stop scouting.  No point.  If he's not a lock to hit, nobody is.

• Upvote 1