Jump to content

A renewed look at the schedule ROS


Recommended Posts

this week is huge.  we need to win this game against the backup QB at home. (3 wins)

then try to steal one out of the next 2 (4wins)

sweep patriots (6 wins)

beat Bears, Lions, Jags, seahawks (10 wins)

but in reality they probably can win 5 remaining games.  but at the beginning of the year (after Zach injury), i would be very satisfited with 7-10 record.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Its on now.  We have our starting qb back.  This team is going to start wining games.  And it begins this Sunday at home.

We should win 7-9 games at least this year.

i'm with you leaning a bit more to the 7 side but certainly hope you are correct and that becomes 9.

If they continue to improve the wins will come - not going to lie though, I am still nervous with this coaching staff. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Coffee Is Great said:

Nearly everyone in the media said we were a lock for an 0-4 start and that 0-8 wasn't out of the question. Our schedule was that difficult.

For all the drama and injuries and bad mistakes and calls to "fire everyone!" we had to endure throughout the first month of the season, we sit at 2-2. That's our record. CLE wound up not having Watson and it turns out PIT stinks in the post-Big Ben era. We split with the vaunted AFC North. Up next in the gaunlet of doom...

  • vs MIA (no Tua)
  • @ GB (looks awful and needed OT to beat the Patriots' 3rd string QB)
  • @ DEN (one of the most inept offenses in the league)
  • vs NE (Mac Jones will be back but may not be 100%)

October is huge. I think we sit at 4-4 or even, dare I say it, 5-3 at month's end. We need to stop shooting ourselves in the foot and cut out the critical mistakes but this team isn't bad.

After that, Buffalo is the only two that I don't think we can beat. Chicago's offense is horrible, Minnesota is inconsistent, Detroit has the worst defense in the league, Jacksonville is Jacksonville, and Seattle is a lower-tier team. The divisional games will be absolutely huge, though I think we go 2-4 as we split with Miami and New England but drop both to Buffalo. 

JD may get his wish: we'll be playing meaningful games in December. Even if we're right at .500 and on the outside of the playoff picture fighting to get in, I think it'll happen. 

I said before the season began that if the Jets can get to the bye at 4-5 or better, the playoffs are a possibility.  POSSIBILITY....just gotta sneak out 2 more wins, then the Jets hopefully get some confidence for the "softer" part of the  schedule...

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Some games look easier, some games look tougher.  Who would have guessed that 4 games in, the Jaguars are top 5 in the NFL in point differential?

Trips to Lambeau and Denver are never fun so let's not count on either of those being any easier than advertised.

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The only games I gives us legitimately 0% chance of winning are the 2 Buffalo games. That team is on a different level than us right now. Everyone else on the schedule we should absolutely have a chance of winning.

Miami this week will be a close game.

Denver and Green Bay do not look good 

Pats suck we got them twice 

Bears, Vikings, Lions all games we should/could win 

JAX and Seattle we are better team than 

Honestly, I think we make playoffs this year as the 7 seed 

  • Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This coming week will be very telling for me

The next big steps for this team are: 1) Prove they can handle prosperity (i.e. win 2 games in a row) and 2) Compete in the division (haven't beaten an AFC East foe since 2019). 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

This coming week will be very telling for me

The next big steps for this team are: 1) Prove they can handle prosperity (i.e. win 2 games in a row) and 2) Compete in the division (haven't beaten an AFC East foe since 2019). 

Yup.  And we got blown in 4 of 6 divisional games last year.  The other 2 we lost by a TD.  Need to bring an end to the constant divisional beatdowns this team has been getting handed.

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

A lot of surprise in the NFL this season. Everybody's crystal ball was broken. 

Most of the remaining schedule is winnable, assuming no more critical injuries for the year. The big question for me is whether the fourth quarter Jets can start to show up earlier in the game. That's a team that can break .500. They can't keep counting on turning it around in the fourth quarter, especially with some of these teams throwing up 30+ scores every game,

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, batman10023 said:

this week is huge.  we need to win this game against the backup QB at home. (3 wins)

then try to steal one out of the next 2 (4wins)

sweep patriots (6 wins)

beat Bears, Lions, Jags, seahawks (10 wins)

but in reality they probably can win 5 remaining games.  but at the beginning of the year (after Zach injury), i would be very satisfited with 7-10 record.

Don't worry. We clown the fins and make Tyreek know exactly who the New York Jets and Sauce Gardner are. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Coffee Is Great said:

Nearly everyone in the media said we were a lock for an 0-4 start and that 0-8 wasn't out of the question. Our schedule was that difficult.

For all the drama and injuries and bad mistakes and calls to "fire everyone!" we had to endure throughout the first month of the season, we sit at 2-2. That's our record. CLE wound up not having Watson and it turns out PIT stinks in the post-Big Ben era. We split with the vaunted AFC North. Up next in the gaunlet of doom...

  • vs MIA (no Tua)
  • @ GB (looks awful and needed OT to beat the Patriots' 3rd string QB)
  • @ DEN (one of the most inept offenses in the league)
  • vs NE (Mac Jones will be back but may not be 100%)

October is huge. I think we sit at 4-4 or even, dare I say it, 5-3 at month's end. We need to stop shooting ourselves in the foot and cut out the critical mistakes but this team isn't bad.

After that, Buffalo is the only two that I don't think we can beat. Chicago's offense is horrible, Minnesota is inconsistent, Detroit has the worst defense in the league, Jacksonville is Jacksonville, and Seattle is a lower-tier team. The divisional games will be absolutely huge, though I think we go 2-4 as we split with Miami and New England but drop both to Buffalo. 

JD may get his wish: we'll be playing meaningful games in December. Even if we're right at .500 and on the outside of the playoff picture fighting to get in, I think it'll happen. 

i never bought into the whole tough schedule thing mainly because there are only a handful of teams that are really good from year to year.  so far the ravens and the steelers (of the teams the jets have faced) are like that and they were able to win one.  i discounted the bungles a bit because they're still on the up and coming and could easily fall back but after sunday's game they are a really good team this season.  as for what the jets will do, true enough the next four games don't look that daunting but only denver seems to have taken a step back by hiring hackjob jr.  gb and ne will be tough.  the doltfins always play the jets hard so the best that can be said is the jets will be competitive but will have to play hard in all of those game to win.  5-3 sounds doable.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Its on now.  We have our starting qb back.  This team is going to start wining games.  And it begins this Sunday at home.

We should win 7-9 games at least this year.

Your the best poster on the board. Give em hell joey

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, JiFapono said:

One week at a time.  It's all about situation, match ups and availability.  It's truly worthless looking ahead, no offense, you just never know what happens to the Jets or their opponents, they caught a break yesterday not having to face the DPOY.

 

Didnt Pittsburgh get a break playing our 5 and 6th offensive tackles?  Injuries effect both teams.

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, JiFapono said:

you just never know what happens to the Jets or their opponents, 

 

 

7 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

Didnt Pittsburgh get a break playing our 5 and 6th offensive tackles?  Injuries effect both teams.

Oh really, you dont say? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

 

Oh really, you dont say? 

“they caught a break yesterday not having to face the DPOY.”
 

Sorry but its getting annoying how many “fans” are attempting to minimize our success with comments like yours above.   That might not have been your intention, but thats how it came across.  

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

“they caught a break yesterday not having to face the DPOY.”
 

Sorry but its getting annoying how many “fans” are attempting to minimize our success with comments like yours above.   That might not have been your intention, but thats how it came across.  

Cool, that's why I said I said and meant what it meant which is what you're saying so you want to high five or something? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...