Jets PFF Ratings - Jets Top Receiving Grade on the Season Belongs to

Lith

Just now, Bronx said:

Back-up job...just-in-case.

Versatility is prized in the NFL.  Remember when Giselle said Tom can't throw the ball and catch the ball, well maybe our guy can.

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, MR.GANGGREEN28 said:

Can someone educate me on this? How does he get 3 pressures on 9 snaps (33%) yet the Jets overall pressure rate with him on the field is 21.6%.. how does that work exactly?

I think they mean 21.6 % on the season, no?

Mixed bag for Zach in PFF this week. Good aDOT (8.8), ok YPA (7.0), but 4 turnover-worthy plays and 1 big time throw. Worst stat: 3.31 seconds time to throw, which is awful for a dude with 2 scrambles. That numbers has to get down to 2.6 or less for a QB who’s not a rushing threat and who isn’t throwing deep. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Mixed bag for Zach in PFF this week. Good aDOT (8.8), ok YPA (7.0), but 4 turnover-worthy plays and 1 big time throw. Worst stat: 3.31 seconds time to throw, which is awful for a dude with 2 scrambles. That numbers has to get down to 2.6 or less for a QB who’s not a rushing threat and who isn’t throwing deep. 

If that stat includes avoiding the rush and ultimately throwing the ball away, the stat is skewed.

• Upvote 3

43 minutes ago, MR.GANGGREEN28 said:

Can someone educate me on this? How does he get 3 pressures on 9 snaps (33%) yet the Jets overall pressure rate with him on the field is 21.6%.. how does that work exactly?

I’m thinking the 21.6% is overall team pressure rate and the 5.4% is the team pressure rate excluding the 9 Huff snaps.

Also saw things that said only 6 or 7 of those 9 snaps were pass rush snaps, making his pressure even higher.  I don’t think any other jet was credited with more than 1 pressure.

36 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

Noted on the same chart is the stellar ranking of CJ Uzomah who may be morphing from a legitimate downfield weapon into a 2022 version of Kyle Brady...

Uzomah was never a downfield weapon. The tight ends we signed are JAGS I don't know why anyone thought different. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

I’m thinking the 21.6% is overall team pressure rate and the 5.4% is the team pressure rate excluding the 9 Huff snaps.

Also saw things that said only 6 or 7 of those 9 snaps were pass rush snaps, making his pressure even higher.  I don’t think any other jet was credited with more than 1 pressure.

Thank you that makes sense

14 minutes ago, Ghost420 said:

Uzomah was never a downfield weapon. The tight ends we signed are JAGS I don't know why anyone thought different. 

Meh...  He was averaging about 10.5 yds per reception at Cincinnati.  Kelce and Andrews average about 12.   

6 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Mentioned this in another thread:  Zach Wilson has more receiving TDs than Kenny Golladay in their respective NY careers.

I saw that stat last night.  It, genuinely, blows my mind.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, T0mShane said:

FWIW:

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

FWIW:

That’s a weird conclusion because holding the ball longer only increases the amount of pressure the quarterback sees. High time to throw is reserved for QBs who scramble a lot (Hurts, Lamar, etc) or guys who struggle to make pre-snap reads. Zach was sixth last year in time to throw, after Trey Lance, Jameis, Hurts, Fields, and Lamar. This year, he’s currently #3 behind Fields and Bridgewater. This is not good for a QB who isn’t running the ball a lot and also isn’t using that extra second to get the ball deep. It’s just the mark of a dude who doesn’t know what he’s doing. 

• Thumb Down 4
  • WTF? 2