Tua Ruled Out for Sunday

Lith

Ruling him out on Monday?  Holy cow.  He must have really rattled some cobwebs loose.

This episode, and the number of guys who were ruled out during play on Sunday suggests the NFL and the teams were completely gaming the system put in place to protect players.

I'm sorry Tua paid the price for this.  I hope it doesn't destroy or shorten his life 15 or 20 years from now.

• Upvote 4

10 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Teddy is a very good backup QB  - possibly one of the in the league?

Very capable of torching this defense - those warm and fuzzy memories we have of our trip to Denver last year should be instructive 

Agreed.  Very similar to Tua.  Very accurate, but will struggle throwing deep.  Maybe a bit less mobile in the pocket.  If he hits guys like Waddle and Hill in stride on slants/crossers it could be a long day.

• Upvote 3

Teddy 2 Gloves comes to the Meadowlands. The defensive game plan will be similar to last week against Steelers. D line needs to get heavy pressure on him so he can’t get the ball out to their speedy WRs

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Edmonds and Gesicki are must haves for any fantasy teams.

Bridgewater is a terrible fit for their offence but his skill set is everything we can’t defend. Mobility, quick release, great short accuracy. This may not be any easier than Tua tbh.

• Upvote 4

20 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Very capable of torching this defense - those warm and fuzzy memories we have of our trip to Denver last year should be instructive 

But is he as good as Geno??

• Haha 4

13 minutes ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

Better have a plan for our O-line.  Miami coming off 10 days of rest, I am not that confident in this team yet. Teddy is no slouch for a backup. Hopefully I am wrong.

2nd time in three weeks we are playing a team coming off the mini-bye.  Cincy last week and now the Phins.  Did not notice that about the schedule when it first came out.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

19 minutes ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

Better have a plan for our O-line.  Miami coming off 10 days of rest, I am not that confident in this team yet. Teddy is no slouch for a backup. Hopefully I am wrong.

Odd that we have two back to back games against teams coming off extra rest.  Was gonna scream conspiracy but then checked and for the next two games we have GB coming off a trip back from London and Denver coming off MNF so I guess its a wash.     

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

38 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Teddy is a fine backup. Marginally better than Flacco. Neither are ever getting a starting job unless it's desperation like Trubisky

Just now, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Teddy is a fine backup. Marginally better than Flacco. Neither are ever getting a starting job unless it's desperation like Trubisky

I think Bridgewater is a little better than that. He could be a starter in the right situation and has been. Need to get a good rush on him next week. 

40 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Jets fans prior to the season:  "Haha Tua sucks, Miami won't be a threat."

Jets fans now:  "YES Tua is out this win is in the bag!!!"

It shouldn’t piss me off but it does. Of all the fanbases, you’d think we’d have a little humility when discussing QB play… but a quick oil check in July/aug Would tell you Tua was a joke according to jets fans. 

• Upvote 3

45 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

He also couldn’t land a starting job this year. JFC this fan base is scared of everyone 

• Haha 2

Just now, kevinc855 said:

He also couldn’t land a starting job this year. JFC this fan base is scared of everyone 

I have to tell you, Kevin, I am scared of every team and every opposing QB. 

Just so many years of getting my hopes up. Any team can always embarrass the Jets until proven otherwise. 

Doesn't mean I don't like the Jets chances, but we have to prove we can handle this moment as a team. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I have to tell you, Kevin, I am scared of every team and every opposing QB. 

Just so many years of getting my hopes up. Any team can always embarrass the Jets until proven otherwise. 

Doesn't mean I don't like the Jets chances, but we have to prove we can handle this moment as a team. 

I like Teddy, you can win with him he's just not the guy that is going to get you over the top. 

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Paradis said:

It shouldn’t piss me off but it does. Of all the fanbases, you’d think we’d have a little humility when discussing QB play… but a quick oil check in July/aug Would tell you Tua was a joke according to jets fans. 

When your own team never wins anything Schadenfreude is your only friend.  I call my Schadenfreude Johnny.  Johnny and myself watch NFL games each week and enjoy laughing at other teams misfortune.  Johnny was in fine form regarding Trevor Lawrence yesterday.  I like Johnny, he eats very little, does not drink my beer and always agrees with me.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 4