Jump to content

This Roster is filled young, exciting players - Daniel Jeremiah


Claymation
 Share

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, nycdan said:

It's a confusing week for the homer trolls.  Zach, Mann, Davis, Joyner all had good weeks.  They're scrambling to find a new target.  

I've been pretty hard on Joyner, and for good reason. The funny part of the safety situation is that they should have had 2 Interceptions apiece if it wasn't for the Roughing the Passer penalty at the end of the half.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The demolished oline will hold us back.  A couple of douglas fail picks and everyone and their dog getting hurt is a very bad thing.

It might, but a Good OC should looking at quick hitting plays like WR Screens & Slants or a traditional screen & draws to slow the DL. He's more interested in slow developing plays. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The demolished oline will hold us back.  A couple of douglas fail picks and everyone and their dog getting hurt is a very bad thing.

It's really just the tackle spot getting hurt lol. Pretty healthy overall besides that spot. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

It's really just the tackle spot getting hurt lol. Pretty healthy overall besides that spot. 

But the tackle injuries affect the whole line.  AVT getting moved to tackle hurts the oline imo.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The mantra that Saleh has been selling this whole time is you have to get the young guys on the field and take your lumps while they gain experience so you end up with explosive athletes w/experience. He says vets have the experience you want but have lost an edge on the athleticism. It makes sense but you have to have faith that it's going to work and be willing to go through the "taking the lumps" phase.

This 2022 draft class has been able to put it together really quickly and seems to be bypassing a lot of the lumps phase. Maybe we really will see things "just click", as Saleh says, with this team and suddenly be good.

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

We all see it and DJ is right, but it's just funny how much this guy does favors for Joe Douglas. Everything is framed from the standpoint of "The GM did a good job". 

I know they're boys, and that's cool, but it's just so obvious that dude is biased. 

They worked together in Baltimore, and tried to recruit DJ but Did JD not do a good job building this roster?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

He’s right. This team has been set up for success. If you dropped a true proven ‘franchise QB’ on this team, people would have us in the playoff conversation.

That’s why this season is all about Zach. If he proves to be the guy, the Jets won’t have any problems being a playoff contender this year or in the future 

  • Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

The mantra that Saleh has been selling this whole time is you have to get the young guys on the field and take your lumps while they gain experience so you end up with explosive athletes w/experience. He says vets have the experience you want but have lost an edge on the athleticism. It makes sense but you have to have faith that it's going to work and be willing to go through the "taking the lumps" phase.

This 2022 draft class has been able to put it together really quickly and seems to be bypassing a lot of the lumps phase. Maybe we really will see things "just click", as Saleh says, with this team and suddenly be good.

So what you're saying is....Joe Douglas for 6 more years?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

The demolished Oline will hold us back.  A couple of Douglas fail picks and everyone and their dog getting hurt is a very bad thing.

Ya gotta let Becton go Beer.....You'll live longer.

Now, which is the other failed O-line pick in question?

 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, LionelRichie said:

wtf is mosely doing on that play?    you can't avoid contact and succeed as mlb in the nfl....just not going to work.

mosely has been done since he signed with the Jets.  he brings nothing to the table, no value..just penalties and missed tackles...good stuff

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, DeerPark said:

mosely has been done since he signed with the Jets.  he brings nothing to the table, no value..just penalties and missed tackles...good stuff

yea it was especially obvious yesterday. he needs to play the Bart Scott role and throw around his body with no regard but he hasnt been doing that. Is he expecting one more pay day?

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

The mantra that Saleh has been selling this whole time is you have to get the young guys on the field and take your lumps while they gain experience so you end up with explosive athletes w/experience. He says vets have the experience you want but have lost an edge on the athleticism. It makes sense but you have to have faith that it's going to work and be willing to go through the "taking the lumps" phase.

This 2022 draft class has been able to put it together really quickly and seems to be bypassing a lot of the lumps phase. Maybe we really will see things "just click", as Saleh says, with this team and suddenly be good.

This is a big difference between Saleh and Gase - Gase had no patience for playing rookies and never developed them.

To be fair, there have been plenty of lumps - Wilson and Breece have had drops; Breece had a fumble. Sauce has had some communication issues. But, I am still good for this process. We have rookies, 1 year and 2 year players that are stepping up.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share




×
×
  • Create New...