Jump to content

Tyreek Hill acknowledges NY/NJ state taxes played role in decision to go to Dolphins


AFJF
 Share

Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Hill is a great player. I wanted him but I am satisfied with the player Wilson will be. I’m happy the way it worked out. 

Absolutely. I didn’t want to trade major assets for the prick, and I certainly didn’t want to pay him $30M/year. He probably costs the team Jermaine Johnson and Breece Hall in addition to Wilson. Sometimes it’s better to be lucky than good. 

  • Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

The pizza in the south does suck, but everything else is better. Enjoy your ridiculous taxes, high prices, regulations and crappy weather. 

Pizza here in Charlotte is as good as NY/NJ.   There are several northerners who opened up here.  25 years ago, yes, good pizza non existent. Now, it's here.

  • Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Hill is a great player. I wanted him but I am satisfied with the player Wilson will be. I’m happy the way it worked out. 

I could not be happier. Wrs who depend soley on speed fade quickly. Off field issues and personality make him difficult to root for. Gives me negative  Antonio Brown vibes. Glad we have a true professional with as much talent or more than Hill in Garett Wilson 

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, #27TheDominator said:

Good afternoon.  I am the Dominator.  Now you have met one.

BTW, I have never met one (even bullsh*tters that did a semester or two living in Williasmburg) that failed to tell me they were "New Yorkers." 

OK.... sorry to hear that. It is rare.   Me? I died and went to heaven in Charlotte. As a CPA, people moving here, my office is busy 24/7, turn away work . Sent kids to UNC/NC State, made great friends and relationships, make a great living, live 5 minutes from the office, 2 minutes from an affordable golf club.  

Sorry to hear your not content. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Good afternoon.  I am the Dominator.  Now you have met one.

BTW, I have never met one (even bullsh*tters that did a semester or two living in Williasmburg) that failed to tell me they were "New Yorkers." 

x2

x100

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, southparkcpa said:

OK.... sorry to hear that. It is rare.   Me? I died and went to heaven in Charlotte. As a CPA, people moving here, my office is busy 24/7, turn away work . Sent kids to UNC/NC State, made great friends and relationships, make a great living, live 5 minutes from the office, 2 minutes from an affordable golf club.  

Sorry to hear your not content. 

I know several people who hate NC and ran away like their ass was on fire.  Glad you like it though. Perhaps it is for a more... "mature" person.

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I always wondered why leagues like the NFL do not have a break out for cost of taxes say, as teams like the NYJ and NYG are beholden to where they’re located and their tax rates. Something like, you sign a player to a generic contract for a certain value of ‘take home’  pay, which counts against the cap at that value too…then you can have teams in high tax states cover the cost of the state taxes to make the playing field even. 
 

doesn’t sound so hard to do. 

  • Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Warfish said:

New York/New Jersey isn't worth living in when you make tens of millions and you can make the same amount anywhere that has an NFL city. 

Not everyone in the US sees New York the way New Yorkers see New York, especially the appeal of living there.

Pay a literal ton less taxes, live somewhere amazingly beautiful with year-long amazing weather (well, not so much last week...), that will have a ton of appeal to young kids in the NFL.

This is something that ultra-high-tax States, and truly poop-weather States simply have to live with.  

The weather in the northeast is fine.  I love the seasons and I like the fall and early winter best.  Florida is a humid hell hole and so is a good deal of the south.

My beef with NJ is that it is bloated with political offices that exist so MANY can stay on the public dole for doing nothing but working hard to secure the safety of their sweet deals while buying a boat or two for their NJ shore houses. Most corrupt state in the country.  The lifestyle is also vapid as hell.  Many jerks buying things to impress people they don't care about or care about them.  Shallow as a skillet in general. 

  • Upvote 3
  • WTF? 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Dude, there's life outside NY/NJ.   It amazing how blind we are when there. I have never met a fellow NY/NJer who has moved that regrets it.

 

 

I lived in NC for a year.  Never been so bored in my life.

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Good afternoon.  I am the Dominator.  Now you have met one.

BTW, I have never met one (even bullsh*tters that did a semester or two living in Williasmburg) that failed to tell me they were "New Yorkers." 

I haven't lived in NY since I was a little kid, and I still tell people I'm "Scottish by way of New York" when they ask where I'm from.

That's a very different issue/question than "do I want to live in NY again".

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

The weather in the northeast is fine.  I love the seasons and I like the fall and early winter best.  Florida is a humid hell hole and so is a good deal of the south.

My beef with NJ is that it is bloated with political offices that exist so MANY can stay on the public dole for doing nothing but working hard to secure the safety of their sweet deals while buying a boat or two for their NJ shore houses. Most corrupt state in the country.  The lifestyle is also vapid as hell.  Many jerks buying things to impress people they don't care about or care about them.  Shallow as a skillet in general. 

IMO to each their own when it comes to where folks want to live.

I couldn't fathom living on Long Island again, or in NYC.  Jersey?  Lol, be serious.

For other folks, it's perfect, heaven on earth.  

Same goes for anywhere really, one persons heaven is another's hell.

But those tax rates, that's equal no matter who you are. 

Paying an extra ton of cash (in the millions) in tax/living costs for the privilege does in fact color how some people see a place.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...