Tyreek Hill acknowledges NY/NJ state taxes played role in decision to go to Dolphins

AFJF

4 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Good for you. Been in Northern Virginia for 30+ years and the more places I'm told to try and I do, the more I realize most people haven't got a clue what good pizza is. 

Friend of mine from my Long Island youth, a nice Italian fellow, opened a pizzeria in Lexington, SC. He’s pretty proud of the place, but I don’t think that even he would say it’s tri-state quality pizza. 

• Upvote 3

26 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

The pizza in the south does suck, but everything else is better. Enjoy your ridiculous taxes, high prices, regulations and crappy weather. 

The key to moving south is flying over Florida and landing in Mexico. Talk about everything else being better?!? Man, not even close. 

• Upvote 3

Just now, talisaynon said:

But to be fair Jersey can go f itself. My best friend bought a 900k home and pays 2.2% tax on it for its good schoolss. That's over 20k an fn year. Are they freaking serious?

Jersey can go to hell. Aint no school that worth it to live there.

Pretty sure Hill won’t be sending his kids to public school lol

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

OK.... sorry to hear that. It is rare.   Me? I died and went to heaven in Charlotte. As a CPA, people moving here, my office is busy 24/7, turn away work . Sent kids to UNC/NC State, made great friends and relationships, make a great living, live 5 minutes from the office, 2 minutes from an affordable golf club.  

Sorry to hear your not content. 

Glad you are happy.  It's not that rare  Really.  I know at least 5 people/families that never met each other that moved to Florida or the Carolinas, hated it and moved back.  I am perfectly content.  Then again, I kept my apartment in Bensonhurst and have been staying at my wife's townhouse in Shaolin for a couple of years now.  Once I sell this monstrostiy of a house I will be ecstatic.

Grew up in North Jersey. 10 years in Brooklyn/Queens in my 20s - 30s. Been in Alabama for 7 years and moving to Greenville, SC in a week. Family been living just north of Charlotte for 20 years.

Miss that area every day and I understand why people like it. That said, there is so much nonsense and peripheral BS that you pay for up there. Right before I made the decision to leave NYC I asked myself 'What am I paying for exactly?' Down here we bitch about the only toll bridge that's $2.75. What's the GWB now, $12-$16? 'Oh but the salary up there balances it out!'. No, it absolutely does not. That's a myth. 

I guess my only issue is with the bubble people who think the Tri-state area is the only cool place to live. Sure it has a lot to offer. It's not be all and end all though. Pay a property tax bill of $12k. 'Oh but Jet9, the pizza!' FOH. 

Just now, Matt39 said:

The cool thing about this country is we get to choose where we live for the most part. As some who lives in FL but still has our entire family in NY the bickering among states has gotten silly if you ask me. 

Hooray for federalism! 

I agree.  I just find it funny how many people who have moved out of NY/NJ (for whatever valid reason they did so) seem to think they achieved a heightened form of consciousness.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Pizza here in Charlotte is as good as NY/NJ.   There are several northerners who opened up here.  25 years ago, yes, good pizza non existent. Now, it's here.

Agree that the pizza is getting better down in Dixie but the rest of the food down South beats the Northeast by a mile. 

1 minute ago, Jet9 said:

Grew up in North Jersey. 10 years in Brooklyn/Queens in my 20s - 30s. Been in Alabama for 7 years and moving to Greenville, SC in a week. Family been living just north of Charlotte for 20 years.

Miss that area every day and I understand why people like it. That said, there is so much nonsense and peripheral BS that you pay for up there. Right before I made the decision to leave NYC I asked myself 'What am I paying for exactly?' Down here we bitch about the only toll bridge that's $2.75. What's the GWB now, $12-$16? 'Oh but the salary up there balances it out!'. No, it absolutely does not. That's a myth. 

I guess my only issue is with the bubble people who think the Tri-state area is the only cool place to live. Sure it has a lot to offer. It's not be all and end all though. Pay a property tax bill of $12k. 'Oh but Jet9, the pizza!' FOH. 

Yeah, I'm sure there are people who think that, but I can't imagine being so naive.  I recognize that I'm tied here for historical and family reasons; but come on, it's America, there are tons of cool places you could nest.

My amusement (as stated in above post) is the opposite -- people who move out of this area and now talk down to those who remain.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

The cool thing about this country is we get to choose where we live for the most part. As some who lives in FL but still has our entire family in NY the bickering among states has gotten silly if you ask me. 

But its fun.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

Hooray for federalism! 

I agree.  I just find it funny how many people who have moved out of NY/NJ (for whatever valid reason they did so) seem to think they achieved a heightened form of consciousness.

It’s more like “why the F didn’t I do this sooner”

55 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Pizza here in Charlotte is as good as NY/NJ.   There are several northerners who opened up here.  25 years ago, yes, good pizza non existent. Now, it's here.

stop it. that's just crazy. learn to make pizza at home...you'll have the best pizza in Charlotte.

42 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Good for you. Been in Northern Virginia for 30+ years and the more places I'm told to try and I do, the more I realize most people haven't got a clue what good pizza is. 

I don't know that I would agree with that my friend.  

Bagels, those are lacking, no question.

But I think there are several places that do a "close enough" pizza.

Or maybe you lived in NY longer than me, and have better taste, that's always possible. 

For me "NY Pizza' is really just "Vincent's in Lynbrook".

I'm actually surprised how meh the pizzas I've had in NYC in my adult years have been mostly.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

I mean, that's not entirely surprising, but it feels like after reading that and Saleh's comments today about the Tyreek trade, everyone is trying to avoid giving the opposition bulletin-board material. 

Plenty of FA's, vets etc go to the California teams. 

It's about building a culture of winning. If Zach had a Herbert-esque rookie year, there's no doubt in my mind that Tyreek would be a Jet. 

But if it's Tua vs last year's Zach? Make a financial decision, because neither inspired much confidence. 

Same Garbage taxes but Totally different weather... ny weather BLOWS.

55 minutes ago, Morrissey said:

The idea that Florida has beautiful weather all year long is so freaking insane. California sure.. but Florida is hell on earth during the summer.

I lived in Florida for 20-years and NYC for 15 so far. I love both. Also lived in LA, Milwaukee, and rural Iowa. Loved them, too. Everyplace has things to offer that are unique and cool. Embrace it all! 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

The pizza in the south does suck, but everything else is better. Enjoy your ridiculous taxes, high prices, regulations and crappy weather. 

Enjoy all your sponging off the “high tax” states that put all the money into the kitty that the south is perfectly happy to dip into while criticizing the states that contribute. Moochers and spongers 

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 2
  • Sympathy 1