Jump to content

Tyreek Hill acknowledges NY/NJ state taxes played role in decision to go to Dolphins


AFJF
 Share

Recommended Posts

53 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Pizza in southeast Florida is no different tbh. But that’s not going to be a factor for anything. Hill would have to pay 10% of his take home to NY/NJ which is wild. Before factoring in any federal or property taxes. 

Maybe he needs a better accountant 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, pointman said:

x2

x100

 

1 hour ago, pointman said:

I know several people who hate NC and ran away like their ass was on fire.  Glad you like it though. Perhaps it is for a more... "mature" person.

 

1 hour ago, Morrissey said:

I lived in NC for a year.  Never been so bored in my life.

The 1st 2 -3 years I really questioned it. Once I settled in and opened a business, got integrated, it was all great. Got a great home on the golf course, low taxes, great business etc.  NY for me was a 1.5 hour commute each way, traffic, high taxes etc.  

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Xtina said:

Maybe he needs a better accountant 

 

3 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Ha no accountant would be able to hide 30mill a year. The bracket is the bracket.

Make no mistake... these NFL players get a W2. No way to hide the income.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sounds mostly like either people were only in this area until they were 8 years old and claim 'I Am fRoM thEre, it SucKs', or its a financial matter. And in some cases, a retirement thing. Either way, glad you like the south. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Santoros is good if you’re looking for jersey style pizza 

Not crazy about nj style but i will try it.

I just want a regular slice with a slightly crispy dough

when i ask for a pizza and they say “ cheese slice?” I want to choke them out. Yes thats what pizza is. Regular 

In other news when i come up to ny my first stop is bagels… but its been so long. Do real bagels exist anymore? Like i walk into a dive and theres a huge oven with nice smelly hot bagels in a metal basket? Or is that lost forever? They used to be everywhere. My fav being springfield bagels in queens on the grand central service road

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

Lmao I just burst out laughing at this. Snorted out of my nose. 😆

That sh1t hit hard. I too enjoyed it immensely. Nothing like chortling while reading a forum full of thick boy elderlies. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, southparkcpa said:

Pizza here in Charlotte is as good as NY/NJ.   There are several northerners who opened up here.  25 years ago, yes, good pizza non existent. Now, it's here.

If you eat dogsh!t long enough, then dogsh!t with extras cheese on top starts to taste good.

  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, HighPitch said:

Not crazy about nj style but i will try it.

I just want a regular slice with a slightly crispy dough

when i ask for a pizza and they say “ cheese slice?” I want to choke them out. Yes thats what pizza is. Regular 

In other news when i come up to ny my first stop is bagels… but its been so long. Do real bagels exist anymore? Like i walk into a dive and theres a huge oven with nice smelly hot bagels in a metal basket? Or is that lost forever? They used to be everywhere. My fav being springfield bagels in queens on the grand central service road

Yeah the place I mentioned is a no frills slice shop. Bagels in Tampa I got nothing lol. Southeast FL pizza and bagel shops are everywhere. Bagels are terrible for you anyways though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, slats said:

Friend of mine from my Long Island youth, a nice Italian fellow, opened a pizzeria in Lexington, SC. He’s pretty proud of the place, but I don’t think that even he would say it’s tri-state quality pizza. 

Some relatives of mine have owned a successful Italian restaurant/pizzeria in Fort Lauderdale for decades. The food is terrible.

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm just glad that Publix sells Taylor Ham. After we signed the lease for SC I looked up the Publix up that way and the deli even has it so I'm set there. As far as bagels, I've been cursed with the gluten free life so whatever I guess. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Jet9 said:

I'm just glad that Publix sells Taylor Ham. After we signed the lease for SC I looked up the Publix up that way and the deli even has it so I'm set there. As far as bagels, I've been cursed with the gluten free life so whatever I guess. 

Bagels are not popular outside of New York/Jersey/CT and maybe Montreal I guess. It's a regional food. Oh and southeast FL just bc of all of the NY transplants.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Bagels are not popular outside of New York/Jersey/CT and maybe Montreal I guess. It's a regional food. Oh and southeast FL just bc of all of the NY transplants.

Yeah, we have some bagel places here in Gulf Shores. My friends tell me that the one spot is good but I assume it's not. What's funny though is that there were very few, if any, NYC area people here my first 5 years. Since the Rona? A sh*t load and now a housing shortage, lol. Always been a big Midwest presence here though. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Jet9 said:

Yeah, we have some bagel places here in Gulf Shores. My friends tell me that the one spot is good but I assume it's not. What's funny though is that there were very few, if any, NYC area people here my first 5 years. Since the Rona? A sh*t load and now a housing shortage, lol. Always been a big Midwest presence here though. 

Yeah traditionally the I75 corridor was the Midwesterners while I95 was the northeast. Covid definitely reset that. Many NE folks settling on the gulf coast now. Tampa has the Yankees spring training so that always factored in too.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

Yeah traditionally the I75 corridor was the Midwesterners while I95 was the northeast. Covid definitely reset that. Many NE folks settling on the gulf coast now. Tampa has the Yankees spring training so that always factored in too.

Yup. Lived in Ft Myers from 03-06. Thought I'd see nothing but NY and NJ people. There were some, for sure. But definitely more Midwest by a long shot. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Jet9 said:

I'm just glad that Publix sells Taylor Ham. After we signed the lease for SC I looked up the Publix up that way and the deli even has it so I'm set there. As far as bagels, I've been cursed with the gluten free life so whatever I guess. 

Their chicken tender sandwich is bangin 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, slats said:

Absolutely. I didn’t want to trade major assets for the prick, and I certainly didn’t want to pay him $30M/year. He probably costs the team Jermaine Johnson and Breece Hall in addition to Wilson. Sometimes it’s better to be lucky than good. 

Nah. We take Johnson at 10 in that situation. So just hall and Wilson

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Bagels are not popular outside of New York/Jersey/CT and maybe Montreal I guess. It's a regional food. Oh and southeast FL just bc of all of the NY transplants.

Definitely South Florida unfortunately it’s hard to find good ones. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

Have fun finding good pizza and being surrounded by old people, dork.

if i make 20 mil and pay no state taxes i will deal with the bad Pizza and old people while im sitting at a pool in 80 degrees for 365 days a year.

hell i make no where near 20 mil and i cant wait to go to Florida.

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Xtina said:

Enjoy all your sponging off the “high tax” states that put all the money into the kitty that the south is perfectly happy to dip into while criticizing the states that contribute. Moochers and spongers 

I somehow doubt that tons of those tax dollars are going to farms, but OK.  

And in any case we're talking about state taxes, not federal taxes, so....

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...